• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Hensoldt ZF 4-16x56 w/ NH1 reticle

Re: Hensoldt ZF 4-16x56 w/ NH1 reticle

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skunk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You probably have to spin them in the wrong direction to attach them, damn it. If that's the case, I just don't think I can use them. I'll never be able to affix it to the scope in time.

They've lost a customer here.
frown.gif
</div></div>

lol...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HuDisCo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The pricey ones are the clampable version. There is a lot of machine time that goes into these.

Prices for the other ones seem to be comparable. </div></div>

Are they made of aluminum then?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skunk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You probably have to spin them in the wrong direction to attach them, damn it. If that's the case, I just don't think I can use them. I'll never be able to affix it to the scope in time.

frown.gif
</div></div>

LOL, not the dreaded reverse threaded sunshades, I'm starting to think Hensoldts are made below the equator where the toilets flush the wrong direction too.

frown.gif
</div></div>

This literally made me laugh out loud!

Skunk,

If we can show sufficient demand we will make them thread the other way too.
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RJ Hunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Come on down to my AO. I'll introduce you to HUGE ranches each with a owner of a high power deer rifle with scope. You want to get within 100 yards of them if they go off. </div></div>

This is not typical of the farmers I know.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HuDisCo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If we can show sufficient demand we will make them thread the other way too.
wink.gif
</div></div>

Cool. I'll gather up a bunch of my little friends and we'll all get vocal about it, saying that if you'll make it we'll buy it. Then, when you actually deliver, we'll disappear and leave all those scopes in your lap! And then, SWFA can put the scopes on their shelves where they can collect dust like the ones they already have with CCW knobs, Horus reticles, and NH1 reticles!

How's that sound; deal?

Awesome, I'll get in touch with all the other wind-bags and we'll let you know ASAP!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 175G</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can't tell you what's best for you, all I can say is that I see a whole lot of discussion over CCW knobs and how people can't adapt. Just makes me wonder how many can truly not adapt. </div></div>

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/crew_wrong_turn_blunder_doomed_titanic_EuK7vFKzrqu8vfG0SdwpyJ

"No your other f*ing right!" </div></div>

Definitely not a Hensoldt approved customer...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 175G</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can't tell you what's best for you, all I can say is that I see a whole lot of discussion over CCW knobs and how people can't adapt. Just makes me wonder how many can truly not adapt. </div></div>

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/crew_wrong_turn_blunder_doomed_titanic_EuK7vFKzrqu8vfG0SdwpyJ

"No your other f*ing right!"</div></div>

"I must've put a decimal point in the wrong place or something. Shit, I always do that. I always mess up some mundane detail."

"Oh! Well, this is not a mundane detail!!" Quote from Office Space.

It's always those mundane details that do us in......its been going on for years!

Kelly

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...don't feel like arguing with amateurs.</div></div>

Mo_Sam_Beek, jasonk, and sniper2ndrep:

I happen to know the man that one of you just described as an "amateur". That is an egregious error.

He's an operational sworn officer in a sniper billet, as well as an L.E. instructor, and teaches criminal justice at the university level.

He operates in an area of the country so hot that personally, were I he, I'd never post a word on a public web site, because L.E. officers - and their familes - in that area have been personally targeted by some very bad people. It's big country where the "thin blue line" is very, very, thin, and the bad guys are very active.

He's the real deal. I'd love to have him at my back in a fight - and what he says should be taken seriously.

Whatever one might think about which way scope knobs turn, everyone ought to remember that every bullet which goes down range has a lawyer watching where it goes with a view to putting his kids through college.

thats awesome, i was thinking the same thing. we have the same issue in the laboratory with different instruments and all i can think is "are you serious? is your mind really that simple?"

RJ Hunter presented himself poorly. His arrogance was noted. Not all products are for everyone. He needed to move on if the product did not meet his needs.

Lindy - duly noted on all accounts. RJ certainly could have voiced those concerns and I (I think everyone) would have understood it.

Good luck

Here is my grown-up reponse for the day.

"You can't handle the truth!"

truth.jpg

There was also a Jesus and the Mary Chain song I was thinking about as well...something about "barbwire"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lindy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...everyone ought to remember that every bullet which goes down range has a lawyer watching where it goes with a view to putting his kids through college.</div></div>You rang?!
laugh.gif

That's what the cops that I teach simply refuse to understand.

Although you'd think they would be familiar with the concept of 'job security'.
grin.gif

I would think LEO/Military around the world is Hensoldt's bread and butter.
Put the NH1 into full production so its at the same price as the Mildot and do some marketing and they will start selling.

For those who have been shooting with this reticle-- how well would it do for F-Class at 1K? I really like the design and am considering a Hensoldt. All my reticles have marks in the center, and I'm wondering if that 3/10s MIL gap in the center may be a little much for work on paper.