• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Here is what I got to reload 308, need input

fastarget

Private
Minuteman
Dec 27, 2009
Western CO
Lock n load classic and 308 bushing.

RCBS 2 full length die set ( but I got jumped by two of my friends who said get Redding instead)

thinking of a Giraud tri-way trimmer now that I have seen them instead of a Hornady cam lock.

Next on the list is to find a good hand priming system, what do you recommend that is reliable and quality?

BLC 2 and 175 smk to start until I find other components to try.

Have been reading on the forum and writing loads to try down, plan is to start on the low side and work up .

New to loading rifle, so steep learning curve, this will get me going however. Loading for target shooting only, and a 308 bolt gun, next year I plan to ad a 6.5 creed. .

Tx.

Measurement tools, calipers and good scale are a must. Smaller add on's to accompany those later on will help you get with the finer adjustments.

Thanks, yes, I have some digital calipers a Gempro 250 and RCBS digital scale that I use for pistol reloading on a dillon 650, set it and forget it type of thing. Nothing like the precision required for long range rifle shooting, from what I read.

reloading trays, to organize your brass are always helpful. I tend to hoard small cardboard boxes to sort brass, as well. Christmas cookie tins work well too. I also go through a lot of thin masking tape (marking ammo boxes and powder thrower) and note pads/legal pads when developing loads.

You'll need a good lubricant for sizing; you can't go wrong with Forster, but I'm sure there are other lubricants as well. Having a case gage such as those made by Wilson and others will prove invaluable for setting up your sizing die and checking your work as you go.

Great advice. After some reading I am returning the RCBS and going with the Redding set, only 5 bucks more. I have some Dillon lube, but so glad you mentioned a case gage and trays.