• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Here's some random stuff...

netranger6

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 15, 2009
Vicoria, Texas
...this kind of stuff doesn't happen to me.

So I get home, and hit the answering machine. Bham, a message from the Savannah Georgia PD. I'm thinking, fuck... what did I leave unresolved while stationed at Stewart al those years?

Detective Witkins tells me who he is, who he's with, and if this is Jeremy .... ..... If so, then they have in their possession a class ring which may belong to me.

Here's the kick, I lost that son of a bitch in 1991 while partying hard at Spankie's, on Tybee Island. I worked my ass off my senior year to pay for it, between maintaining an AP course load, jail on the weekends, and a full time job to keep a roof over my head. And in one drunken, albeit, fun afternoon in 1992, I lost that 18 karat yellow/white, diamond crusted puppy while trying to catch the little swells coming in to the beach.

Can't fricking believe it...20 years have passed, this is so random I may actually play the fucking lottery.

Thanks for reading.
/.net out

Re: Here's some random stuff...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">my guess..........the ho had a kid and knocked it loose</div></div>
HAHAHAHA!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">my guess..........the ho had a kid and knocked it loose </div></div>

^^^ What he said.

gallery_1_1_5425.jpg

I to lost mine and GOD only knows where it's at. Would be a nice thing to get back. Glad yours found its way back to you. Just make sure it is your ring and not that one ring to rule them all that ring has lots of trouble following it. LOL

+1
ITS A TRAAAAAP

Tell him to MAIL IT.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maggot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tell him to MAIL IT. </div></div>

+1

Knocked back many a beer at Spanky's !!!

Always stayed at the old Desoto Motel when I was working in the Savannah area.

Hope you get your ring back.

Update:

Talked to the Detective today. Turns out, it is my ring after all. Guy is with the Savannah PD Pawn Unit and came across the ring last week. Guess some older guy found it, sold it to a gold broker, and the Pawn unit got involved. My recourse is this:

1. Prosecute both for moving persnoal property, and get it back.
2. Work out a deal with the gold broker, because he paid $175 to the guy who found it.
3. Let the detective lean on them both.

Okay, nobody took it off my finger, I lost it. I remember the day, and exact moment because I had some Brittish Soldiers that were with us. Made them go buy board shorts because they were prancing around all white and clammy, in nut huggers. Plus they were killing my game with the ladies.

I think the guy who found it is older, and was metal detecting on the beach, found it, flipped it for quick cash. Problem is, it has a name on it, engraved, so both he and the broker violated some law that I don't know about. Either way, I have a right to it, just gotta figure out if I want to be a dick and bring the law hammer on them both....bad mojo I'm thinking, since its miraculous it was even found.

@Vajayjay: I was thinking the same thing! Night before I lost it, I was hitting an old broad at the Hyatt on the river. I used to prey upon them transients by hanging at the hotel bar...

@Spade: Knocked back many there, as well as oysters and a few fights...nothing better than Malone's though, on Friday. What was name of that bad ass pizza joint down from Malone's on Congress?

@netranger6

Did you mean Vinnie Van GoGo's Pizza on W Bryan St? That's the place everyone goes to get slices after they've been drinking.

I wouldn't be a dick about it, keep the good karma going, and yes play the lottery you lucky bastard

i'd press charges, and tell them it's only cause Gandolf told you to

I think my HS ring got pawned by a family member who stole it on a drug binge.....

I'd be tempted just to go talk to the store owner first. It's got your name on it, so you should be able to show him that and get your ring back. I'm sure he doesn't want the police involved, and it's extra hassle for both of you.

how about you consider the $175 a finders fee and take the old guy and the pawnbroker out to dinner and a beer and come back and tell us all about it?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LeviBerg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd be tempted just to go talk to the store owner first. It's got your name on it, so you should be able to show him that and get your ring back. I'm sure he doesn't want the police involved, and it's extra hassle for both of you. </div></div>

I don't understand some of you guys. The cops aren't going to give two shits about this unless he lies and says it was stolen. Simply having your name on something doesn't mean jack shit and to that point, if the story is as it's been presented I don't know why the cops/detective would be involved in the first place...?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AXEMAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">how about you consider the $175 a finders fee and take the old guy and the pawnbroker out to dinner and a beer and come back and tell us all about it? </div></div>

EXACTLY!

Bob

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LeviBerg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd be tempted just to go talk to the store owner first. It's got your name on it, so you should be able to show him that and get your ring back. I'm sure he doesn't want the police involved, and it's extra hassle for both of you. </div></div>

I don't understand some of you guys. The cops aren't going to give two shits about this unless he lies and says it was stolen. Simply having your name on something doesn't mean jack shit and to that point, if the story is as it's been presented I don't know why the cops/detective would be involved in the first place...? </div></div>

True that on not lying about it. Take the high road and all.

Cops are after statistics, just like prosecutors. An easy "score" appeals to almost anyone, especially if just handed to you.

My ring? For the life of me I took it off one night, put it on the desk next to my lower bunk and two days later it wasn't there. No strange 'friends' of my brother in the house, maybe it was the same packrat that got my royal blue 1968 Camaro Hot Wheels car. grrr... Honestly I think there are some things inside my parents' walls.

Good to hear about the good luck. Give the broker half what he's asking but take him to lunch and pry some wild stories outta him.

They don't have to be true, either.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LeviBerg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd be tempted just to go talk to the store owner first. It's got your name on it, so you should be able to show him that and get your ring back. I'm sure he doesn't want the police involved, and it's extra hassle for both of you. </div></div>

I don't understand some of you guys. The cops aren't going to give two shits about this unless he lies and says it was stolen. Simply having your name on something doesn't mean jack shit and to that point, if the story is as it's been presented I don't know why the cops/detective would be involved in the first place...? </div></div>

Did you even read my initial post? The Cops are the ones that took the time to track me down to Texas, call my home number, leave a voice mail, and initiate this process. I think it's stupid theres a prosectution option, not like I was "ring" jacked or anything. I'm not well versed on Georgia law, but the detective broke it down as both parties violated some property law by "selling" and "purchasing" the ring.

If I could take both to Morton's, I would, but it's not worth the 12 hour drive to Georgia for me.

I'll updated as this progresses...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: netranger6</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LeviBerg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd be tempted just to go talk to the store owner first. It's got your name on it, so you should be able to show him that and get your ring back. I'm sure he doesn't want the police involved, and it's extra hassle for both of you. </div></div>

Did you even read my initial post? </div></div>

Yeah and that's why I posted saying it doesn't make any sense... I'd really like to see this law because if that's the case, I'm going to write my name on everything I can find in Georgia (houses, cars, people, etc.) which according to that detective makes it mine forever. I wasn't blaming you in anyway, I'm just saying it just doesn't add up.

Update:

Detective called me this morning, said that man's father found the ring about 7 years ago metal detecting. He tried to locate me, even went as far as writing a letter to my High School, which fell on deaf ears. So he sold it to a Gold broker.

Guess he is going to return the money he paid for it, to the broker, and the Detective will have it in his possession tomorrow. Gonna get his name, and contact information because I feel I need to send him something, like a few pounds of sausage (insert joke here), or something.

Can't believe people are this honest and nice in today's age, especially the cops involved.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Yeah and that's why I posted saying it doesn't make any sense... I'd really like to see this law because if that's the case, I'm going to write my name on everything I can find in Georgia (houses, cars, people, etc.) which according to that detective makes it mine forever. I wasn't blaming you in anyway, I'm just saying it just doesn't add up. </div></div>

I'll ask about the law specific, when he explained it to me I wasn't really listening because I was so excited. Maybe there is something else going on here...like a chick has my baby or something...

Law is about Theft or Loss or Mis-Laden Property. Person has to show reasonable effort to return the property, which in this case, the gentleman did. He is going out of his way to return the money to the gold broker, and get it back to me. How awesome is that... I really don't deserve this, for I've done my fair share of shittiness in my life. Guess its time to Pay it Forward..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: netranger6</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Yeah and that's why I posted saying it doesn't make any sense... I'd really like to see this law because if that's the case, I'm going to write my name on everything I can find in Georgia (houses, cars, people, etc.) which according to that detective makes it mine forever. I wasn't blaming you in anyway, I'm just saying it just doesn't add up. </div></div>

I'll ask about the law specific, when he explained it to me I wasn't really listening because I was so excited. Maybe there is something else going on here...like a chick has my baby or something...

Law is about Theft or Loss or Mis-Laden Property. Person has to show reasonable effort to return the property, which in this case, the gentleman did. He is going out of his way to return the money to the gold broker, and get it back to me. How awesome is that... I really don't deserve this, for I've done my fair share of shittiness in my life. Guess its time to Pay it Forward.. </div></div>

Oh, that makes a lot more sense now. Glad you got it back, I'd think sending him a $100 bill in a thank you card and a thank you card to the cop maybe with a gift cert to dinner or something would be awesome of you.

Lol...froto.

Well, I spoke with the gentleman who is returning it and the detective is going to mail it to me tomorrow. Think you guys are right, gotta show some pay it forward here. The guy was stoked that they found me, as he actually tracked me down to my High School in NY, but they sucked.

Kind of gives me faith in man, in some wierd, Lord of The Rings kind of way..

one ring to bind them all... send the old guy something nice, you will feel better for it

Pretty awesome you're getting your ring back. Amazing sometimes how good karma like that gets around.

I've been back to Savannah twice now. I kinda miss the place in a weird way...the shit smell from the paper mill...the sand-gnats {especially on St. Patties day} Swimming at Tybee...NOT swimming at Lotts Island
wink.gif

The big meeting place now is Kevin Barry's. I had a lot of fun down there.

Had relatives that lived in Thunderbolt.
Took my Cobra transition at Hunter Army Airfield.
Know Kevin Barry's waaaaayyyy too well ! ! ! !

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sandwarrior</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pretty awesome you're getting your ring back. Amazing sometimes how good karma like that gets around.

I've been back to Savannah twice now. I kinda miss the place in a weird way...the shit smell from the paper mill...the sand-gnats {especially on St. Patties day} Swimming at Tybee...NOT swimming at Lotts Island
wink.gif

The big meeting place now is Kevin Barry's. I had a lot of fun down there. </div></div>

Anyone remember that place called "Nederworld", full of freaks and hot wannabe witch craft chicks? I've stumbled over more than one cobble stone during St. Patties, heck, ended up passed out in a puddle of puke, not mine either. Oh Savannah...how I long for thee..

Had many a buddy in 1st Bn there at Hunter, we would roll down town hard on the weekends. Usually ended up in a brawl with the local college Baseball or Football players...or how about partying in Statesboro at GSU? THat's where I met, well did beer bongs with John Rocker (closer for the Braves), dude was hard core hill billy with a pack of hotties always around him, and cool as hell.

*** Update **

Detective put it in the mail today, insured nonetheless. Figured I'd post the texts for legitmacy....Gotta buy this guy a steak.

[img:left]
1b03dabd.jpg
[/img]

[img:left]
3eafe89e.jpg
[/img]

I don't remember "Nederworld". It was still pretty much the standard when I got there. When I left, at least they allowed rock concerts to go on at the Savannah Civic Center. I have to say, to me there was nothing more 'literally' intoxicating, than the magnolias in May. Now I understand all those jokes about them in the Bugs Bunny/Roadrunner cartoons. They literally are, intoxicating.

The big places to go when I was there was "Spanky's" on River St. Then there was a "Spanky's" Southside next to the mall. I don't remember Spanky's on Tybee yet. But Tybee did have bars and...Hotels/Motels...
wink.gif
And an ice cream place (not a parlour, that's for sure). The Windsor Lounge (A. Co hangout), Ruby Tuesdays at the Mall (B Co. hangout) Kings Inn (Bikers) The Mainsail in Thunderbolt (Rockers) River Street in General...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: netranger6</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The guy was stoked that they found me, as he actually tracked me down to my High School in NY, but they sucked.</div></div>

Dude....he found a CLASS RING....how hard was it to track down your high school? Just busting your balls! LOL!

Glad you got it back!
cool.gif

The Bar Bar? Don't recall it. There were so many bars around Congress St., I would pop in one, get a shot, move on.

I think I remember that one, when you walk in it's kind of an open bar, with pool tables and darts on the right?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shooter McGavin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Glad everything worked out and you got your ring back.

Did you guy's every go to the Bar Bar on W St Julian St?

</div></div>

For some reason, our officers hung out there a lot. 3/69 Scouts stuck mainly to McDunough's Bar and Grill on McDunough and.... crap, I forget. Either way, Vinnie Van Go-Go's was always somehow a closer for the night.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: netranger6</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I've stumbled over more than one cobble stone during St. Patties, heck, ended up passed out in a puddle of puke, not mine either. Oh Savannah...how I long for thee..

</div></div>

Heh. First night out with my platoon I was introduced to the *shudder* "joy" of Liquid Cocaine shots. I'm literally dry heaving as I write this just thinking about them.

Ended up puking in another cherry's new car on the way back. He pulled over on Bay street in front of the Hyatt and I crawled to the bushes. Puked some more and decided I had to take a shit so I tell the other guy and at this point I don't remember anything until I woke up at around 0600 next to a pile of my own shit and my wallet and everything next to me. Caught a cab back to Stewart. Other new guy got reamed for leaving me, despite me also getting reamed for shitting in public. LOL.

Good times.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CS1983</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shooter McGavin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Glad everything worked out and you got your ring back.

Did you guy's every go to the Bar Bar on W St Julian St?

</div></div>

For some reason, our officers hung out there a lot. 3/69 Scouts stuck mainly to McDunough's Bar and Grill on McDunough and.... crap, I forget. Either way, Vinnie Van Go-Go's was always somehow a closer for the night.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: netranger6</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I've stumbled over more than one cobble stone during St. Patties, heck, ended up passed out in a puddle of puke, not mine either. Oh Savannah...how I long for thee..

</div></div>

Heh. First night out with my platoon I was introduced to the *shudder* "joy" of Liquid Cocaine shots. I'm literally dry heaving as I write this just thinking about them.

Ended up puking in another cherry's new car on the way back. He pulled over on Bay street in front of the Hyatt and I crawled to the bushes. Puked some more and decided I had to take a shit so I tell the other guy and at this point I don't remember anything until I woke up at around 0600 next to a pile of my own shit and my wallet and everything next to me. Caught a cab back to Stewart. Other new guy got reamed for leaving me, despite me also getting reamed for shitting in public. LOL.

Good times. </div></div>

Holy shit, what year you in 3/69? I was in C.Co. 91-92, then 4/64 93-96. Your story sounds a lot like my experiences, with exception of being so blitzed that I thought I could jump from the Savannah/Charleston bridge and make it.. My dumb ass almost did it, but had a battle that was watching out.

Update:

No cops jumped out to arrest me at the PO. Here are pics, looks like it just came out of the jeweler!! Freaking cool.

cce87be2.jpg

f847be7a.jpg

b2cbca84.jpg

7fa5dd94.jpg

a8bccdda.jpg

7b88e51a.jpg

d27e4d47.jpg

c21fd4ea.jpg