• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

He's a good boy.....a really good boy!!!

The coyotes call him

SelfreliantFloweryAustrianpinscher-size_restricted.gif

If netflix did a movie would this be Casper?

View attachment 8158702

Wonder who would play the coyotes?

Well duh. I have a great pyrenees mix, and she is a very big "guarder". She also has no love for coyote. Just last night the coyotes started yipping and yelling and Willow gets very upset, deep Grrrr a few little Ruffs, tell her she is being a good girl and when they stopped, she patrolled the house for about an hour and finally went back to sleep. Great dogs.

1686324621247.png

My buddy had about 50 meat goats, and his Great Pyrenees would lay around all day in the barn. At night she would get up and walk the perimeter fence all night and give one deep bark about every thirty minutes. She never killed a yote, but he never lost a goat either.
Guarding, and kicking the shit out of wolves (not yotes) is what they were bred for for a thousand years. It's in their blood. Sweet dogs unless you're a canid looking for trouble on the farm. Then their size and power makes it a mismatch for anything but a pack of wolves, and in wolf country the farmers generally don't have just one, but a half dozen of them.

Really the only thing better against yotes would be a donkey. They go fucking nuts in the presence of yotes.
donkey-catches-coyote.png

Pound for pound, coyotes are some of the toughest, most athletic animals there are.

I've also heard an unbelivable first hand account from a credible witness about a Great Pyrenees jumping a fence and running down and killing a grown coyote and then jumping the fence to return to a goat herd it was gaurding like nothing happened.

They were bred for centuries to fight off wolves and bears preying on livestock in shithole countries.

One of the most badass wolf killers of the shithole herd dogs is the Kangal in Turkey. Turkish government is so proud of them they even put them on their currency and made it illegal to export them from their country.

iu

Last edited:
Those Great Pyrenees are not to be trifled with. Love their people, love the critters they are entrusted to protect... HATE everything else!

Last edited:
On the north coast of California, sheep ranches were going broke due to coyote predation. They tried shooting, trapping, etc. and nothing worked. Eventually they started using sheep guarding dogs, and it was extremely successful. Very few sheep lost to coyotes, and only vary rarely will a dog be killed in battle.

Pound for pound, coyotes are some of the toughest, most athletic animals there are.

I've also heard an unbelivable first hand account from a credible witness about a Great Pyrenees jumping a fence and running down and killing a grown coyote and then jumping the fence to return to a goat herd it was gaurding like nothing happened.

They were bred for centuries to fight off wolves and bears preying on livestock in shithole countries.

One of the most badass wolf killers of the shithole herd dogs is the Kangal in Turkey. Turkish government is so proud of them they even put them on their currency and made it illegal to export them from their country.

iu

Used for dog-fighting too sadly.

Don't know much about sheep dogs, but I love laying some traps. I've watched a squirrel kill itself in a box trap banging its head against the sides.

Attachments

• wildcat1.jpg
    wildcat1.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 31
  • yote1.jpg
    yote1.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 32
"The coyote is a long, slim, sick and sorry-looking skeleton, with a gray wolfskin stretched over it, a tolerably bushy tail that forever sags down with a despairing expression of forsakenness and misery, a furtive and evil eye, and a long, sharp face, with slightly lifted lip and exposed teeth. He has a general slinking expression all over. The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him, and even the fleas would desert him for a velocipede. He is so spirtless and cowardly that even while his exposed teeth are pretending a threat, the rest of his face is apologizing for it. And he is so homely! -so scrawny, and ribby, and coarse-haired, and pitiful." Mark Twain

Attachments

• unnamed2~2.jpg
    unnamed2~2.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 34
Reactions: Makinchips208
Here in SW KS a few farms have and or had a couple Great Pyrenees. I spent a little time at one during the summer. That dog was on patrol every evening around the place. Even witnessed that dog get into it with a coyote or two. Pretty awesome watching them work.

On a few trips to Meeker Colorado I've seen a few sheep dogs and Great Pyrenees sitting under wagons on the Sleepy Cat Peak trails. Signs were posted up mentioning "do not approach or pet working dogs". Thought I snapped a few photo's but haven't found them yet.

Used for dog-fighting too sadly.
Not surprised. There is a vid of another 3rd world badass, a Caucasian Shepherd, that was allowed to attack a Kangal while the Kangal was ordered to stand down and not fight back.

The Kangal was just laughing until his handler finally gave him the attack command. That Kangal had the Caucasian Shepherd whipped and cowed with it's tail between it's legs in a flash.

Reactions: Sniperwannabee
Great Pyrenees are excellent herd dogs. Lots of sheep in the San Juans during the summer and not uncommon to several of them with the flock.

In any other setting this might be considered dog fighting but the dogs look like they are enjoying it.

And another episode of the Jaded Dog Trainer :LOL: