• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hey Y'all , greetings from sunny Florida

Savage Bob

Private
Minuteman
Jul 25, 2022
PSL FL
Hello everybody , Bob here . Just started trying to shoot long distances and reload . I have two rifles for long distance , but I'm nowhere near the stuff I see on here .
I have a Savage Elite Precision in 6mm Creedmoor with Viper optics and a Savage 7mm Rem Mag LRH in an XLR chassis with a Nikon 1000 scope .
Just got set up to reload the 7mm RM and found a lot of useful stuff here from searching the interwebs .

Thanks for the info I already have gleaned and I hope I don't wear out my welcome with stupid questions .

Reactions: The D and DustBun
Welcome to the hide. Stupid questions will not wear out your welcome you will just be mocked without mercy depending on the question. The 7RM is awesome.

Reactions: Savage Bob
Welcome to the hide. Stupid questions will not wear out your welcome you will just be mocked without mercy depending on the question. The 7RM is awesome.
Thank You ! I have two 7mm RM , I've hunted with one since 91 , but just started trying go longer with this new rifle . Started reloading and I'm surprised at the difference in accuracy , I hope to get better at it .

Reactions: Im2bent
Mike , JTAK is a three hour drive for me , I’ve been there once . What a sweet set up , lucky you !
I mostly shoot at Okeechobee Shooting Sports , it’s 45 minutes from me .

I keep hoping @Mike Casselton will adopt me so I can be closer to JTAC. Lucky dog. It's about 2.5 hours for me. If I could take the Audi S5 I could be there in 2 hours ;) but the driveway has big rocks and I'm afraid they could damage the Vossen wheels.

I keep hoping @Mike Casselton will adopt me so I can be closer to JTAC. Lucky dog. It's about 2.5 hours for me. If I could take the Audi S5 I could be there in 2 hours ;) but the driveway has big rocks and I'm afraid they could damage the Vossen wheels.

Just drive fast on the gravel.
It won't hurt the wheels, just the paint...🤣

• Haha
Reactions: DustBun
Welcome from CO. I also lived in Ft Myers for a while

Mike , JTAK is a three hour drive for me , I’ve been there once . What a sweet set up , lucky you !

I haven't been down in your neck of the woods since 87.
My Dad used to live down there.

We lived in Okeechobee for a year then moved over here to be next to the coast , fishing offshore was all new to us , it’s still a lot of fun .
I have made friends with the people at Okeechobee Shooting so I still go there . Only two hundred yards , but a nice place to shoot , the range guys do a great job watching the new guys .