• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hi guys pursuing Hides advice on a trainner.

jester1

Private
Minuteman
Apr 15, 2008
On another thread I was advised that a 22 trainner my just be what I need. Now there alot of info out here but looking for a bit of advice.
I have looked at savage and cz. Now Im trying to decide dont want to break the bank nor do I want to sacrifice quality for a couple of bucks either. Looking at the Mark II FV synthetic stock and BV wood stock. Would these shoot the same or would the stock make a difference? The other is the CZ 452 varmint although a bit pricey is the other side of the coin.

I was thinking the FV and getting a tacticool for $100 which would put me around $30 more than the BV out the door.

Is the quality and accuacy there on the savage or should I go straight to the CZ?
What do you pros think I should go for?

Oh topping it with a bush3200 10x

Sorry Im a rookie and thanks

Re: Hi guys pursuing Hides advice on a trainner.

CAN'T go wrong with either one. My Savage groups 1/4" at 50 consistently and under 1" at 100. Trigger is great and gets even better over time.

That Bushy is parallaxed at 100 yards so I don't know how are you going to eliminate that parallax error shooting at something let's say 25 yards away...

oh $hit wasnt aware of that. Havent bought the bushy yet but I was going to buy two one for the .22 and one for the .223

Any recommendation?

Well, I think the only way to get to PA from TX right now is to drive a tank.

This is 50 yards 3 shot group before Zero. Wolf Match Extra.
Shot outdoors with no wind.

22LRWolf.jpg

Same range. Eley TR.

22LREley.jpg

Same range. Federal Target.

22LRFederal.jpg

Both great. I have a CZ 452 varmint and it is a great shooter. If you are inclined to bed your rifles like I am consider then 453 varmint. I discovered when I got my 452v that is has one action screw and a barrel lug screw while the 453v has two action screws and no barrel lug. The two action screw set up is easier to bed.