• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

High end digital scale

Shakeber

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 10, 2011
Need some advice. I am currently selling an A&D FX-200i scale. It is practically brand new. Some items still in plastic. It is absolutely awesome and I am asking
650.00. is this too high. Thanks for your input.

Re: High end digital scale

Out of curiosity, how well did that scale work for reloading? trickling? any drift? any other peeves?

I did load 20 rounds of my pet load. Hornady match brass, with 42.5 gr. of Reloader 15 and 165 game kings. The SD was single digit with an ES of 12 with an avg muzzle velocity of 2584 fps. I think that it is within the margin of error of my new prochrono digital. However, it definitely shows that I am the weak link. I shot 0.42 moa. I am shooting a 5r so the scale is better than my gun and me. The scale is awesome. I loaded to within a kernel of powder. Trickling was very difficult. I used a Harrell thrower to get close and then pinched the last of the powder with my fingers. Need to develop a better system. It just does not benefit me at this time. Trigger time and better glass is of more benefit.

Considering I could buy a new one for $680... I am not sure I would go used for less than a 5% discount.

I couldn't sell my Acculab VIC-123 for a 15% discount. I think you need to cut at least 15% from lowest available, which is roughly a $100 discount...

You might be able to get away with less given the fact that it is a good scale for reloading... magnetic force restoration, which is a far better technology than strain gauge.

Thanks for the input. I way overpaid. 6 months ago I paid over 900.00 for it. I did not necessarily look for the best price. I researched it and a vendor that was much help (info wise) had them available. oh well, it is a great scale. I may just keep it and wait until my shooting can take advantage of it. As i mentioned the loading was slow, but brass classifying was a breeze.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shakeber</div><div class="ubbcode-body">then pinched the last of the powder with my fingers. Need to develop a better system. </div></div>

Have a look at the Omega powder trickler (or the Omega auto-trickler)
http://www.omegapowdertrickler.com/Home_Page.php

I'd like to have your scales, but as said above, priced to high for used.
I'm not one of the dicks here that PM's you offering a fraction of what you are asking.