• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

High qty reloading of match rounds, 2 Chargemaster

GUNNER75

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Jun 29, 2005
    SW KS
    Anybody running two Chargemaster dispensers at the same time?

Thinking about speeding up my process.

Re: High qty reloading of match rounds, 2 Chargemaster

I have two, but only use one at a time. I seat one while the chargemaster is throwing the next. I can not see much speed improvement in running two. The only reason I have two charge masters is to not have to keep changing powder types.

One CM is plenty, look into speeding up brass prep, a Giraud Trimmer is the best reloading tool I have bought, and I have a Prometheus.

With my bench set up (which is a very nice set up, but is not 100% solid) I cannot run the press as I run the CM close by.

What I am thinking is that I can run automatic on one with a loading block next to it and automatic on the other with a loading block next to it.

Pour one, pour the other, repeat. I have several loading blocks that I made myself that hold 50rounds and in about the same time I can pour 100rounds as I do 50 (with my set up).

I figure I will label each block with CM1 or CM2 and add that to my labels to be able to segregate my loads per CM.

I just feel it would keep me drilled to the bench and I would have 200 rounds to push bullets in within a much shorter amount of time.

I may be wrong, but ordered another today. Guess I will find out. As much load development as I do, it would also be nice to have one powder in one, and another in the other unit.

I'll check out your link in a bit Jasonk! Thanks

*** I have the Giraud as well as a couple other items to speed up the brass process, it's the powder procedure that is kicking me. Satisfy one area, then move on to the next.

Still do everything by hand but I usually use a thrower that throws a couple under and trickle up. Using it should speed your chargmaster up significantly and is much less in cost than a second chargemaster. Chink chink trickle trickle
    smile.gif

There are other ways to accomplish it, but two Chargemasters speeds up the process while still keeping it error-free, as long as I double-check the final thrown weight. I also justified the purchase of a second one based on the fact that I'd like to have a backup should one go out.

Have some bench organizing to do now, but is much much faster than running just one. My older unit is a touch faster than the newer. It will run up to less than one gr then trickle. The new one runs up to 2grs from target weight then trickles.

I didn't want to drop the coin on another, but after running it tonight I am happy I did.

100 rounds in 45 minutes is what I am seeing with dueling Chargemasters. Keeps me from stepping away.

Haven't looked back yet and will, but does anyone have the modification process link handy? I may tinker with the new one to try and get it evened out with my old or speed them both up.

Is it worth it? I think I can justify it with the amount I shoot and limitations.

my .02