• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

History Channel now casting season 2 of TOP SHOT!

topshot2

Private
Minuteman
Jul 13, 2010
If you are skilled with a pistol, rifle or any other firearm, you could win $100,000 in prizes on season 2 of History Channel’s hit competition show TOP SHOT. Producers are looking for anyone with mind-blowing shooting skills and a big personality to take on exciting physical challenges with multiple guns and mystery projectile weapons. It doesn’t matter if you’re a professionally trained shooter or a self-taught, average Joe (or Jane!). As long as you’re in good physical shape, have mastered a firearm and can adapt to new weapons and demanding physical situations, you could be America’s next “Top Shot.”

APPLY TODAY!

To apply, email [email protected] with your name, city/state, phone number, a recent photo of yourself and a brief explanation of why you should be on the show. Deadline to apply is August 12, 2010. For more information, visit www.pilgrimfilms.tv and click on “CASTING” or call 818-478-4570 for more information TODAY!

* Applicants must be at least 21 years of age, a resident or citizen of the United States and reasonably proficient with shooting and marksmanship

Re: History Channel now casting season 2 of TOP SH

Here's your chance to kick some ass guys! Who's gonna be first?

BOLTRIPPER and I go as a team!! He's the best spotter a guy could ask for and a hell of a photographer too!!
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">why was i not alerted...... </div></div>

They can only use so much footage of a guy rooting around the range for free brass
wink.gif

Re: History Channel now casting season 2 of TOP SHOT!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: topshot2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Producers are looking for anyone with mind-blowing shooting skills and a <span style="text-decoration: underline">big personality</span> to take on exciting physical challenges with multiple guns and mystery projectile weapons. </div></div>

Sounds like the perfect job for Nobody
laugh.gif

After seeing the horrible 100 yard shots from the first episode of the first season, I think it's safe to say even I can get on that show. Of course I'm not enough of a drama queen to be able to make it on a reality show.

hahahahahhaa. looks like fun if nothing else. lol

I find it interesting that it got posted here. Looks like someone associated with the show went out of their way to do it.

Could be two reasons.

1. Looking for good talent.

2. There have been a number of vocal critics here with regard to the first season, on both program format and shooters' abilities. Could be a "put up or shut up" kind of a thing.

Either that or they are simply just doing a drive by posting on all of the gun boards.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tucker301</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

2. There have been a number of vocal critics here with regard to the first season, on both program format and shooters' abilities. Could be a "put up or shut up" kind of a thing. </div></div>

Yup. Here's the chance for all those saying "those guys sucked, they couldn't hit...." to step up, be put on national TV, and show us how it's done...

I wish I could do it, rather I did well, or made an ass of myself, I bet it'd be a blast!

I think it's a lot of things, and in the balance, I think that even if I were of the proper mettle, I'd pass. I'm a mediocre frog in a healthy sized pond and I like things the way they are. The sturm und drang of the reality show genre is just so much not a part of me (at least, not anymore), that I find it hard not to pity the market to which it panders. More than many things, the reality genre is leading the thrust to dumb down our society and substitute posing/preening for genuine values. The edit process can turn Tinkerbelle into the Giant Rat of Sumatra and vice-versa. Reality? Right, and so is the Tooth Fairy.

I wouldn't touch it with somebody else's ten foot pole...

...or even a six foot Swede, such as myself.

Greg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Maser</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Of course I'm not enough of a drama queen to be able to make it on a reality show.</div></div>

Uh, hello?

Are we on the same planet????? This is the definition of both "Ironic" as well as "OxyMoronic", isn't it?

Speaking for myself, I would absolutely love to throw my hat in the ring for an opportunity. I am unfortunately not a US Citizen (yet, let me come in through the southern border, instead of the northern one) and I am too physically gibbled from being drove into.

(shaking my head.....)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: topshot2</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Producers are looking for anyone with <span style="text-decoration: underline">"A"</span> mind-blowing <span style="text-decoration: line-through">shooting skills and a big</span> personality </div></div>

There, I fixed it for ya.

Glad you show the shooting sports in a good light but, be carefull of what you wish for.

HMMMM! Sure could buy alot of shooting sticks with 100 grand! And once they looked upon my dapper mug, there would probably be some of those smut mags. forking out some money!
shocked.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Maser</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I think it's safe to say even I can get on that show. Of course I'm not enough of a drama queen to be able to make it on a reality show. <span style="font-weight: bold">Unless staring into the camera and pissing my pants while holding up a sign with my pervo-website address is a competition. </span> </div></div>

Fixed is for you

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Moroni</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Off topic but Shankster your avatars usually make me a little sick but the one you have now gets two thumbs up. Thats funny! </div></div>

Thanks.

Funny I don't see any of the shit talkers chiming in.

I would love to see Nobody do it though. His personality would make for some interesting tv, but we wouldn't be able to understand with all of the bleeps.

victory -- I think the "shit talkers" probably take umbrage at this qualification: "As long as you’re in good physical shape, have mastered a firearm and can adapt to new weapons and demanding physical situations, you could be America’s next “Top Shot.” It's that pesky "good physical shape" thingy that derails 'em! LOL!!!

I wouldnt mind trying it....
I'll just ask my boss for a month off....
that should go over well.....

I watched Top Sniper but not Top Shot. Apparently Top Shot is a lot more reality TV than shooting competition.

I tivo it and watch it when there is nothing else on. I've already invested too much time to not see who wins. I hope for season 2 they listen to all the complaints they are getting and set it up differently.

Kelly

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shootist2004</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wouldnt mind trying it....
I'll just ask my boss for a month off....
that should go over well..... </div></div>

Id need that 100k because I would not have a job when I got back.

I have no disrespect for folks who seek this. I just feel they should understand what they're getting themselves into. I personally believe the main portion of the process involves deception of both the audience and the participants. 'Reality' is not just a casual misnomer, in this case I strongly believe it's a deliberate mislabelling.

Greg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Minx</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I watched Top Sniper but not Top Shot. Apparently Top Shot is a lot more reality TV than shooting competition. </div></div>

That is what brings in the ratings and how they can milk the show for months on end. The show is not about who the best shot is, it's about who plays the game the best.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tucker301</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I find it interesting that it got posted here. Looks like someone associated with the show went out of their way to do it.

Could be two reasons.
</div></div>

Could be only one reason - MONEY. THey make a LOT of money when they get drama on the show.

Imagine if someone started crying, pouting, and then fired over someone's head- ratings go up, advertisers pay more...

People are expendable on TV.

I did a video for Evening Magazine on the bathttub racing, they COMPLETELY turned that shit around to make the world champ look good and make me look bad.

When in fact I was in 9th place out of 62 boats, and GAINING in 15 foot seas - anyone woulda been pr oud of that (Until I crashed)

Reporters don't care, they lie their ass off to make a story look good. I found 5 separate false truths in the story they did on me..

Damn I gotta get off this soap box LOL

On the general topic of this show, I've said my piece, above. I'd throw my hat in the ring if I was an AmeriYank, as well as not so gibbled. Performing a stalk with a cane just isn't going to win.

On the general topic of "reality" shows, I'll say this about North America.

We are eating what we are being fed. Just think, society was a whole lot different 30-50 years ago. What has changed? Has it changed for the better? (you decide)

I've had the opportunity to see some Australian TV lately, and they sure do things different down there. There's one cooking show that I've brought up elsewhere which is different by them having the next episode daily. As in, 6 episodes a week. Been going on for about 3 months, I think.

The actual topic of cooking, is what is focused on, and what the viewer actually learns about.

And there is no "conflict/chaos/mayhem/arguing or yelling". Just simple ACTUAL effort by the contestants to do the best they can with what is available to them.

Believe it or not, that is much more enjoyable, than the grief and aggravation that is in almost every crap show offered here in Nor.Am.

(Yes, I do wish they would tone down/leave out the "rainbow brigade" but that's another story.)

Not crapping on this show, and not crapping on this thread. What I am bringing up, is that there is "different" out there, just not in this country.

What would you rather see? Actual honest(er) effort or staged/choreographed conflict?

Myself, I choose the former. Either I'm a mutant, or others aren't looking for better.

What say you? And if it is recommended that this post be removed and put somewhere else, by all means I'll do so.

As it is, I like the show. Simply for the basis that it is about shooting, as opposed to "home shopping", "infomercials", or "daily talk/cry/emotion sessions". And such rot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greg Langelius *</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have no disrespect for folks who seek this. I just feel they should understand what they're getting themselves into. I personally believe the main portion of the process involves deception of both the audience and the participants. 'Reality' is not just a casual misnomer, in this case I strongly believe it's a deliberate mislabelling.

Greg</div></div>

You, you............mean all is not as it appears to be? Surely you jest
wink.gif
It is a load of crap, everybody that isn't a window licker knows that....it is about as focused on shooting as I am happy with the state our Country is in. I do like the "deliberate mislabeling" tag though........I'm not as eloquent, I would have just called them lying bastards!

And just in case anybody that is affiliated with the show catches wind of this.............get a new host for season 2. If I have to listen to him for another season I swear to Christ I will fly out there and punch him in the concussion

Kelly

There's something very phony going on on that show, besides all the dumb added drama/personality conflict crap. These guys can't keep shots from a flintlock rifle on a 2' target at 100 yds??? Methinks they wuz smoothbore muskets, not rifles. If you tune in about 25 min. into the show, I found you can see the actual competition, without the BS.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Minx</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I watched Top Sniper but not Top Shot. Apparently Top Shot is a lot more reality TV than shooting competition. </div></div>

It's billed as such. No surprises there for me.
I still enjoy the show.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: xs hedspace</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There's something very phony going on on that show, besides all the dumb added drama/personality conflict crap. These guys can't keep shots from a flintlock rifle on a 2' target at 100 yds??? Methinks they wuz smoothbore muskets, not rifles. If you tune in about 25 min. into the show, I found you can see the actual competition, without the BS. </div></div>

Go and shoot your Kentucky rifle with round balls and post up your targets.
Who knows? If you're good enough, they may sign you up based solely on your tight groups.

I think we should go sign LowLight Up! Wouldn't that be some funny shit seeing him on that show!

I've shot a lot of .50 patched ball out if a traditional sidelock percussion frontloader, and 2" at 100yd is not all that bad.

Turkey shoots that had targets at 25, 50, 75, and 100yd, and the first three distances were mucho easier than the 100yd target.

That one separated men from boys. My usual charge was 75gr of Pyrodex RS Select, and going up to 85 didn't really do much to improve things. I don't like shooting roundball with soopahdoopah charges.

Greg

haven't been to impressed with the skillz

Aww, c'mon... where else can you learn to write out words on a pool table, using playing cards?

I'd have to get into a decent shape but I applied anyway.

Put up or shut up guys, Heed your own advice.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greg Langelius *</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've shot a lot of .50 patched ball out if a traditional sidelock percussion frontloader, and 2" at 100yd is not all that bad.</div></div>

Ya, it not, but unfortunately the target he is referring to was 2 FEET square. And a couple guys missed it...