• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hit and run &$?!%?! Killed my dog!

Sincerest condolences. If someone intentionally attempted to or killed one of my dogs I'd most likely end up in prison with no regret.
Dogs - Because people suck.

I'd leave em a note, printed from somebody else's printer...

"I know what you did to the dog, turn yourself in and take whatever penalty you have coming like a man, or next time we'll have a talk and you'll be begging like a bitch before it's over."

Zero fucks given for people who hurt animals, especially dogs.

So sorry for your loss. I would have big time trouble restraining myself. In Texas we have fire 🐜
B1F1B6C8-C3E8-4D87-AFD4-AAEB48299670.png

So, I went up the street a bit to a jughandle type side road the neighbors call "Little Mexico."

Anywho... that genre of GM product looks to be about the most popular type of vehicle there. Probably a dozen-plus, about half of which I could clearly see the right front. The other half I couldn't without trespassing, so I didn't go there.

Will update if anything develops. My neighbor is an AL Trooper, and he loved Nipsie, so he's all-in.

One thing to think about is that the driver may have swerved trying to avoid, not realizing that if you drive straight you won't usually hit a dog, because they are used to vehicles going by straight...either way whoever that was driving should have come back, and been a man and made it right. Probably was drunk and worried about a dui...

That's fucked up... So sorry to hear of your loss. As others have said, animals become family.

Any chance that there are neighbors you can talk to that might have security system with video you can look at?

It would be nice if the turkey be picked up and thrown in jail. Let the word get out in County lockup that said turd likes to rape little boys

So sorry for your loss. I would have big time trouble restraining myself. In Texas we have fire 🐜 View attachment 7421148

you forgot the honey.

I remember reading in a historical book about some guys finding a guy like this, but with his eyelids cut off.
could have been a made up deal. But I remember it. Hot desert sun cant close your eyes

And when you are waging war and someone asks why, you look at them and calmly say, “you dont understand, they killed my dog”
One of the best lines in Point of Impact by Hunter.

@TheHorta - I'm very sorry about your dog. There are a LOT of people I would rather see hit and run than a good dog.

I'm sure you are in a murderous mood and I don't blame you. And, we don't know each other at all, so please forgive this unsolicited advise but I'm with some of the others here....turn it over to the police lest you take precipitous action and end up in the cell next to this jamoke. See what I'm saying?

Keep an even strain and here's hoping this motherfucker gets his just rewards.

@TheHorta - I'm very sorry about your dog. There are a LOT of people I would rather see hit and run than a good dog.

I'm sure you are in a murderous mood and I don't blame you. And, we don't know each other at all, so please forgive this unsolicited advise but I'm with some of the others here....turn it over to the police lest you take precipitous action and end up in the cell next to this jamoke. See what I'm saying?

Keep an even strain and here's hoping this motherfucker gets his just rewards.

Yep.

Reactions: TheHorta
And my understanding is, if there is damage to that vehicle, the pet owner is liable for it, as he does not have his animal under control. Sucks.

So sorry for your loss. I Love dogs , barely tolerate most humans ! As others have said...do the right thing first. That said , I’m a firm believer in Karma , and there is a basement In Hell for assholes like him or her !!
I have been in a similar situation as you are , I didn’t do the smartest thing , but Payback WAS a Motherfucker for him 😉 I heard from a friend how to total out a brand new BMW with a 1/2 bottle of Fish Emulsion. 🙈
RIP Nipsie 😞

Man, sorry for what you are going through, i can only imagine the thoughts. Stay safe.

So... got a visit this morning from the dude (Mexican) who killed my dog. Swears he didn’t target him, but admitted to driving too fast and not paying attention. He didn’t stop because of my “reputation” in our rural farm country area as being the Chupacabre himself and didn’t want to die. I’m familiar with this reputation and cultivate it somewhat because I cruise the area late at night in full NV kit, sometimes on foot.

He says that’s what helps to keep the “malo” out of their little pueblo. A good unintended consequence, AFAIC.

He was on the verge of tears, very apologetic, said he should have stopped.

I’m friendly with most of the residents in Little Mexico. They’re very quiet, clean, family-oriented, and from what I understand, legal. A couple even fly Trump flags, oddly enough.

So, he’s offered restitution of whatever I want, basically. I’m not one to hold a grudge, so I’ll work it out with him.

He has a white Chevy Avalance, with a damaged right front. You guys were spot-on!

Greatly appreciate the outpouring of support and good ideas. Now I gotta go bury Nipsie. He offered to bury him, but that’s one thing I need to do. Choking up already just thinking about it.

So... got a visit this morning from the dude (Mexican) who killed my dog. Swears he didn’t target him, but admitted to driving too fast and not paying attention. He didn’t stop because of my “reputation” in our rural farm country area as being the Chupacabre himself and didn’t want to die. I’m familiar with this reputation and cultivate it somewhat because I cruise the area late at night in full NV kit, sometimes on foot.

He says that’s what helps to keep the “malo” out of their little pueblo. A good unintended consequence, AFAIC.

I’m friendly with most of the residents in Little Mexico. They’re very quiet, clean, family-oriented, and from what I understand, legal. A couple even fly Trump flags, oddly enough.

So, he’s offered restitution of whatever I want, basically. I’m not one to hold a grudge, so I’ll work it out with him.

He has a white Chevy Avalance, with a damaged right front. You guys were spot-on!

Greatly appreciate the outpouring of support and good ideas. Now I gotta go bury Nipsie. He offered to bury him, but that’s one thing I need to do. Choking up already just thinking about it.
That’s about as good of an outcome as one can hope for. Sorry for you loss. I’m dreading the day mine goes. Don’t even want to know what that’s gonna feel like

Very well could have been drunk

Being scared of a well healed and even better armed dude who is sure to be super upset is also possible.

glad it happened easy vs having to Pull toenails.

My experience is that most mexican immigrants are good folks. Though I will never support them if illegally here.

Im less enamored with the “city” version as they wanna be gangsters. But not all.

I would venture 70%+of the mexican folks my area (Suburbia) are just as The Horta described. Hardworking, family and faith kinda folks.
they just have a much lower profile than the hoodlum type, so easy to think its a higher percentage.

Ah man I'm sorry about you dog it sucks when you lose them.😪
But,What kind of lowlife piece of shit does that!!! That fucker would get out of his car some night in the dark and I would be waiting!!! Misserable piece of shit!!!

As F'ed up as this world has become this has made it even worse. I have had a similar experience but did not get my full revenge. Next time at my age with little life to live and little to lose it will not be good for them.

Sorry for your loss.

Damn Horta, sorry about your dog. People like that don’t deserve to breath our air.

If you're ready for another dog, I'd see that he buys you the dog that you want. No price is too high as far as I'm concerned. My guess is someone told him to talk to you. They probably told him he's in some hot water if he doesn't. Make him pay. For a new dog, that is.

I'd definitely report to the POlice and get plenty of pictures of that fender piece. Have them come over and get the piece and they can possibly trace the cars in your neighborhood. Sum bitch needs to pay and may as well do it 100% with the law behind you. I know 'Bama has become (finally) a lot more strict on animal abuse and this certainly falls under that (IMO).

May also call some lower end body shops and see if they have anybody come in for repairs. Doubtful because this POS doesn't care.

As for folks getting upset that animal abuse seems to outweigh child abuse. Please don't forget that abusing animals tends to be (in almost all cases) the gateway and warning a person will abuse another person. Best to nip it as soon as it shows up.

One thing to think about is that the driver may have swerved trying to avoid, not realizing that if you drive straight you won't usually hit a dog, because they are used to vehicles going by straight...either way whoever that was driving should have come back, and been a man and made it right. Probably was drunk and worried about a dui...
There is always that chance, but as evidenced by the massive tortoise that was killed this summer exiting my neighborhood where you could see the tire tracks of the hard turn that went right over the body-line, I have to say that 99% chance the asshole did it on purpose. If not, then since it was in front of The Horta's residence, the correct thing to do is find the owner and apologize and show some dignity and respect. It's not like driving down the interstate and a wandering pup crosses the road. If the asshole was DUI to that level, then too bad he didn't try to kill a phone pole.

I get it that some people don't get how close to dogs one becomes. Heck, I lost my dog this year right before Covid and the new neighbor's dog has adopted me and now I've been designated his "Uncle." But by the time one is an adult, they should not be intentionally running over animals.

• Angry
Reactions: deersniper
If it were me, I wouldn't want shit from him. No money, no yard work, nothing. He's already taken from you. Doing anything that encourages more interaction just increases the odds of more BS. Polite thanks for letting me know - Please be more careful. There is nothing to be gained.

I'd definitely report to the POlice and get plenty of pictures of that fender piece. Have them come over and get the piece and they can possibly trace the cars in your neighborhood. Sum bitch needs to pay and may as well do it 100% with the law behind you. I know 'Bama has become (finally) a lot more strict on animal abuse and this certainly falls under that (IMO).

Uh the dude who did it fessed up in person.

Uh the dude who did it fessed up in person.
I missed that...my bad. And despite him apparently driving like a nut; he came forward and that actually restores what little faith I have in humanity.

Nipsie. Yellow Lab. 12 years old. Best dog ever. Struggled with hip dysplasia for the last 2 years, but could still get around, just not very fast.

My elderly mother lives with us and saw the whole thing. He was actually off to the side of the road, at the end of our driveway. Says the cocksucker actually sped the fuck up and intentionally swerved to hit him. Wife and I were out to dinner. Killed him instantly. Took the motherfucker’s front end off (will post photo to help ID the vehicle). I guarantee it’s a MF’er that lives up the road a bit.

Glad it was quick. Reality is, he probably had 6 month or less left on him, and he was going downhill fast, but what kind of intergalactic mega-asshole do you have to be to target a dog?!

Gotta get my drink on. Or I’m gonna do something stupid.

I don't care if he had 1 week left... there is ZERO justifcation for that.
Were it me? I'd do "something smart"...
I am deeply sorry for your loss. Know that any dog lover is also feeling your pain Sir.

First I'm really sorry for your loss (loss mine 4 months ago). I guess some closure is better than none. Great self control! I'll pray for Nipsie, but do you have a photo of him? Just wondering, funny how our pets ARE family! :cry:

Probably the best outcome that could have happened. I would thank him for coming forward, accept his apology, and move on. It sucks living with hate and anger all the time.

Sounds like he tried to do the right thing.

Sincerest condolences, that truly sucks

I have cameras everywhere, really high res with optical zoom that record everything from the street in front my house, to all four corners of the fence. Its worth investing in.

I'm sorry for the pain and grief I know you and your family are suffering. The fact that the driver manned up and visited you restores some of my hope in humanity. I know that was hard for him as well.