• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ranger822

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 4, 2013
Colorado
Anyone have one of these and been able to locate some adjustable night sights high enough to clear a suppressor? I know the gun has only been out a short while and I am sure somebody will be making some specialized sights for this excellent pistol - but I hate to have to wait and for a purpose built gun like the the Tactical - it seems absurd HK would field the gun without the necessary sights to take advantage of the primary difference between it and the HK 45 (non-threaded for suppressor cousin). The HK USP 45 came with the extra elevation on their sites. So, what gives?

I am going do to my local gunsmith and ask him what it might cost me to either fabricate a set just out of curiousity and will post something back in a week or two.

I have the Heinie Straight 8 ledge sights. Still waiting on the tax stamp to clear, so I don't know for certain that they will clear, but that seems to be what people are using.

Which can did you decide on? There seem to be quite a few out there. Two contenders are the Ti-rant and Silencerco Osprey. Anything better? When you finally take delivery please come back and post up something. The new Heinie Night sight appears to have the height to clear most popular suppressors. Be a bummer if it still doesn't clear and that is definitely something folks would want to know.

The other thing is I would really like to have an adjustable night sight --

I went with the Ti-rant. People get bent on the Ti-rant vs Osprey. The reason they get their panties in a bunch is because it's 6 of one, half dozen of the other. I chose the Ti-rant because it disassembles more completely and I shoot lead ammo. But you could probably clean the Osprey about as well. The piston does come off giving you pretty good access. The other advantage of the Osprey is that your sights don't need to be as tall, but depending on the host, the can might still get in the way. The Ti-rant also allows indexing, allowing you to tune for POI shift, but according to the Osprey people, the shift is always up and down for the Osprey anyway, so there is no need for indexing. Like I said, 6 of one half dozen of the other. These two are quieter than all the rest, though.

BTW... I just bought an M&P and I must say, I like it a lot. Dawson Precision makes an adjustable night sight for the M&P that is taller than anything I can find. That said, I am not sure it will clear. It is not sold as "suppressor height" while the Heinie Straight 8 Ledge is.

Last edited:
Heinie suppressor sights will clear a Ti-Rant. I dont have them on my HK45C, but I did shoot my dealers HK45C with them and my TiRant 45 and it clears.