• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Hk Socom Owners

Re: Hk Socom Owners

My full auto statement was to material the can is made from. Most full auto rated cans are made to withstand more abuse. Your point is taken.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sgt.Dozer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My full auto statement was to material the can is made from. Most full auto rated cans are made to withstand more abuse. Your point is taken. </div></div>

I concur.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scott A Cousino</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't quote me on this but I think HK only warranties the MK23 if you use a Knights or Brugger and Thomet can, and the B&T is only available in the US to FFL/SOT's or LEO/Gov.

Scott </div></div>

correct.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Arevalosocom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

With sound testing 3db is 2X as loud. KAC MK23 can is at least 3-6db better than other 45 cans from sound meter tests I have read.

</div></div>

Just a small correction here. Sound intensity is a logarithmic function. An increase of 3db is not perceived as "twice" as loud. A 3db increase is produced by doubling the input power (that's probably what you were thinking of). An increase of 10db is perceived as 2x as loud, and takes 10x the input power to produce. I.e. 80db sound intensity is perceived as twice as loud as 70db.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VTi</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Arevalosocom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

With sound testing 3db is 2X as loud. KAC MK23 can is at least 3-6db better than other 45 cans from sound meter tests I have read.

</div></div>

Just a small correction here. Sound intensity is a logarithmic function. An increase of 3db is not perceived as "twice" as loud. A 3db increase is produced by doubling the input power (that's probably what you were thinking of). An increase of 10db is perceived as 2x as loud, and takes 10x the input power to produce. I.e. 80db sound intensity is perceived as twice as loud as 70db.

</div></div>

Yes. That is correct/ what i meant to say, I was mistaken.

Thanks for the correction.

No problem. It's been obvious in this thread you know what you're talking about. I knew what you meant, just wanted clear it up for others.

Since I can't contribute at all to the .45 suppressor issue, at least I can speak on the physics. I have to be good at something LOL
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Arevalosocom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I .... am not a KAC fanboy in any sense of the word. </div></div>

That is also not a true statement. Show everyone a picture of your KAC tattoo.

Dumb question guys but where is a sourceto buy one the factort approved suppressors?

Is there also a specific rail system for this weapon?

I've had mine for some time and would like to suppress it and outfit it for a light.

I had one, it was just too big for me, and I'm not really s small guy. Really, seriously big. If you haven't gotten to spend some time shooting one, do that before you actually buy one.

I'm going to a smaller .45 - probably a Sig 220 Combat - I've been really happy with my 229 in .40, so will probably stick to Sigs for now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BachelorJack</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Arevalosocom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I .... am not a KAC fanboy in any sense of the word. </div></div>

That is also not a true statement. Show everyone a picture of your KAC tattoo. </div></div>

I have a KAC tat, true & a KAC can. FWIW I got that pic placed on my back becasue I am a MK23 fanboy. It happens to have the KAC can on it.

I also have a AAC tat.

Sound like another Corvette vs. Camaro thread with pros and cons to each side. As stated, the MK 23 is the flagship of the HK pistol line up so obviosly it has some features and benefits to it that the others don't. If your in this thread you should know what those are so I wont get into that. Budget and Purpose are the two factors in my opinion that make and break a MK23 owner. What do you get for the $X,XXX price tage? I ask Les Baer and Night Hawk Owners that question all the time. With that said, the MK23 is one of the best <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-style: italic">PURPOSE</span></span> built guns ever produced. It's purpose and price tag are NOT for the "average joe" as many other pistols can/will suite your needs for 1/3 or 1/2 the price. YMMV

My experiance with it...........
Shot every bit as good as my HK USP Match as far as accuracy goes. Trigger was not as good as the USP variant and the USP variant isnat as good as a tuned 1911 but guess what...... You wouldnt be taking <span style="font-style: italic">that</span> 1911 into battle. I have medium hands and handle the MK23 fine, so the to big thing I don't see in my situation.
I had a chance to fire a KAC supressed MK23 last month, all I had to say was WOW.

To end, a Camaro, even an SS, will never be a Corvette. Some people have no need for a Vette, others wish they could have it and with teh right driver I've even seen Camaros eat Vettes up. Slice the pie however you like, at the end of the day your still picking your own piece.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scott A Cousino</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't quote me on this but I think HK only warranties the MK23 if you use a Knights or Brugger and Thomet can, and the B&T is only available in the US to FFL/SOT's or LEO/Gov.

Scott </div></div>

Scott,

CCF offred B&T cans prior to leavingteh market to focus on his Glock Race Frame. He was blowing them out at $599 3rd quarter last year.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ROLEXrifleman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Scott </div></div>

Scott,

CCF offred B&T cans prior to leavingteh market to focus on his Glock Race Frame. He was blowing them out at $599 3rd quarter last year. </div></div>

I remember seeing something about CCF doing a B&T can, didn't know if it carried the name or just the technology.

True B&T cans that are imported are treated as Pre86 Dealer Samples even though they are new.

Scott