• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns HK USP 45 needs new sights

RollinCoal11

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 28, 2010
GA
Hey guys , I bought my USP when it first came out in 93. The three dot sights are now black. Looking for some recommendations on some new sights.

Thanks

Last edited:
I have Meprolight fixed and adjustable on a couple of my USP's and like them.
YMMV

I still prefer the factory 3-dot - either standard white, or the TRU-DOTs.

I just put a set of 10-8 sights with the brass bead front sight on my Glock. I have been a fan of Heine Sights for years because the sight picture was excellent. The rounded rear notch and brass bead front sight are an awesome combo worth checking out.

10-8 was supposed to start making USP sights last yr, but put them off due to the USP being a "niche" firearm. I don't consider it that, but apparently 10-8 does. Anyway, I'm looking for some Trijicon HDs for one of my USPs. The Triji's on my 1999 model USP finally went dark & I replaced them with some TFOs(don't remember the brand though) and really didn't like them much.

The used USP compact I picked up a while back had a set of Heinie Straight Eights on it. I've really liked them.

The used USP compact I picked up a while back had a set of Heinie Straight Eights on it. I've really liked them.

Exactly, 3 dots are slow and have shitty profile for shooting accuratley.

Strait eights are the shit, very fast to line up in the dark, and work very well durring the day. I have owned over 30 pistols with night sites, and when I have a choice, its always strait 8's (not going to replace new factory trijicons or Mepros, but when they die or if the sights are not tritium, its getting Strait 8's.

Heinie Specialty Products - HK Full Size Pistols
Heinie Specialty Products HK USP Tactical Night Sights

Brownells also might have them a tad cheaper, so search