• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns HK USP 45 Tactical

Alan,

I have the FNH FNP-45 Tactical (now called the FNX-45 Tactical) and I love it. A lot of people try it and they like the feel of it. I think if you can hold some of these .45 caliber beasts in your hand, you will understand what I mean.

The statistics on the FNP-45 are incredible, but the ergonomics worked really well for me. I have big hands and with the grips, I really had something to hold onto. I just shot so much better with it.

Go with the FNX-45 Tactical. I have one and have had zero issues. I am not an FN guy either. I am not a fan of the SCAR or FS2000 but this pistol is great. It is hard to beat 15+1 too. Ergonomics are great. You would never know you are holding 16 rounds of .45. It also comes with raised sights, if you shoot suppressed, and comes optics ready.

HKs are great pistols though. Top of the line. The problem is they are so proprietary. The USP doesn't have a 1913 rail on it either. So you are stuck buying a conversion rail. Mags are very expensive too.

Just my 2 cents. I have shot both multiple times, the USP being owned by a buddy, and both feel great. The FN just has so many more pluses.

It really depends on what fits your hand, feels the best and you shoot the best.
The USP and 45C are tough as nails.

^^^^^^^^
I have pretty much everything H&K ever made in .45 pistols. Go and try before you buy. I have medium hands and never had a problem with the size of any of the pistols including my Mk23. I'm also left handed and never felt disadvantaged. You can always add the ambi controls if it is an issue. The fit is not only dependent on your hand size. It depends on what you have used previously. Grip angle on H&Ks are similar to the 1911 platform. That is what I started with so the H&Ks always felt "normal".

I like the HK45 but the tactical is better for me. However, I am used to USPs. Still have one though :)

Seeing and handling before you pay is super important.

Best regards,

Nik H

I bought my USP Tactical in 1999. Threaded barrel and so on. I paid $950.00 back then. Great gun with thousands of rounds through it. The trigger is still crisp as ever. The stock high-rise sights are meant to see over the suppressor are easy to acquire but not good for low light shooting. Big-hands gun for sure. All I shoot is .45ACP and I have other .45ACP pistols as well. I will never get rid of my USP Tactical.

I have average to small sized hands and have never had an issue with my USP tac. Great gun and because of its size and excellent recoil abatement I actually shoot it quite well. The match trigger is great as well. It is built like a brick outhouse. One gun I will have doubts about when it comes to reliability and "shootability".

I really wanted a USP 45, but after shooting one I didn't like the plastic trigger. It felt like it flexed a little when I pulled it and moved around too much when the hammer was back. I eventually settled on a P220. Mines an old one '89 but it has the best trigger in single action mode of any firearm I've ever shot and the slide moves like it's on ball bearings. I love it.

The USP45 (and hk45 derivitive) is the .45 pistol all others are judged by. Hands down, no contnest finest combat .45 there is.

Nothing comes close in reliability, longetivity, and still retains a high level of accuracy.

I say the USP45, beacuse they are slightly more reliable than the HK45, but both eclipse anything else on the market.

I have a USP45TAC and a USP45, with a HK45c LEM on the way.

You need decent size mitts with the USP Tac. I am borderline and I have average size hands. The HK45 fixes this.

HK factory repair reports the vast majority of HK's sent in for repair/warantee work are NON .45 variants. The system was designed and optimized for .45. Personaly, I feel that in 9mm/40/.357.... the HK doesnt bring enough to the table to supplant glock.

But in .45..... HK is king and no one comes close.

If the g19 is THE 9mm handgun to own...........then the USP45/HK45 is the .45 to own.

If anyone is looking to buy HK, NO one beats Grant's prices. I talked to him yesterday, and he confirmed he is selling close to cost. He has some rare variants, that no on else has... and notice all the guns comes with Night Sites.... while still beng cheaper than any other source on the net: HK Products at G&R TACTICAL

I agree with all this except I don't know Grant but otherwise could gave wrote it myself.

I had a FN-45T and had lots of problems with it. It was very accurate though, but to me a handgun is all about reliability of function so it went back to FN. Got an HK45 to replace it and it has been 100% out of the box. Granted I haven't shot it a lot, it only has just under a thousand rounds through it, but not a single malfunction yet. Very accurate, you can stack rounds with this gun. Great ergos, and as reliable as it gets.

Cons? Well for the money it should come with better sights. Plan in replacing them with some night sights as soon as you buy it the factory sights are terrible. I prefer Glock triggers to HK triggers, but I suppose that is just a preference. I don't do thumb safeties on defensive weapons so mine is configured with a LEM trigger.

Picked up a Les Baer 1911 yesterday but have a HK Compact Tactical and will always have at least one HK tactical to go with my 1911's. It's basically my back up gun that rides in my vest while my 1911 is on my hip, everyone should have at least one!

I'm leaning towards the OD or FDE HK45 tactical model now after handling them. They come with nights sights but they seem too low for suppressor. I most likely won't suppress it anyways. I wish they had 12 rd mags instead of 10 though. The tacticals just fit my hand better and I do have big hands also.

Alan

You can't go wrong either way!

I like mine. If I was going to buy today, I would go with the HK45 or the FN version. The squared grip is like holding a 2x4.