• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stoweit

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jun 19, 2017
    New England
    Talk to me about the HK VP 9, fondeled one at LGS the other day. It felt more ergonomic than my Glock 19X. What do you all think?

Very ergonomic, reliable, etc.

Expensive mags.

This may just be me, but I have a hard time getting a clean trigger break on them and have to adjust my grip compared to other handguns. Can't explain why, and it isn't an issue on other sticker fired guns with worse (sometimes dramatically) feeling triggers (glock, m&p gen 1 and 2)

It felt more ergonomic than my Glock 19X.
    What a pistol feels in the hand at the store bears little relationship to how it will perform in your hands out of the holster. Even more so when you're not on a static firing line.

I've learned that lesson the hard, expensive way.

Wife has one. She loves it. I’ve shot it and I like it also. Accurate and an easy shooter. She also has the 6 inch barrel and slide kit for it. The barrel locks up tighter and makes it an even better shooter. Mags aren’t all that expensive.

The VP9 is what she uses in tactical shoots at our local range. She’s always a top 5 finisher against the guys.

Thanks for the advice all, I have no way to shoot before buying so just wanted to see what others thought.

No range that has one for a rental nearby? If you are ever in east central Florida, I can point you to a range that has them in rental.

I carry one in the spring/fall and really like it. It’s a little big for my supper clothes though. Fits and shoots well for me and my wife

Reactions: rady
    Love it. It has the best feel in your hand thanks to the interchangeable back straps. So much better than the glock the wife was using. She is now a much more confident and accurate shooter.

We got rid of our glocks and went with H+K. You won't regret it.

BF597C97-81DF-426F-AA5C-9DA3B7F20A44.jpeg

I have both the V P9 and VP 9 SK and carry them daily. As mentioned above mags are pricey. I love them, shoot well, digest any ammo, and contrary to the above post I am able to achieve optimal grip and shoot better with them than any Glock I own or have owned. Nothing against Glocks at all, except the ergos do not work for me on any level.

I have a VP9 tactical and it’s a great shooter. The trigger is one of the best striker fired triggers out there as maybe second behind the Walther PDP/PPQ. I prefer it over my tricked out Taran tactical G34. Great gun and it fits so well in the hand and it’s a natural shooter. I don’t find the mags to be expensive at 48 bucks but I also shoot mainly 2011s. Plus they are cross compatible with my P30L.

Fine shooting instrument. Triggers really like some wear. They also make it with a mag button now but imo the paddle release is actually pretty nice

Attachments

• 740CE63C-7D3A-44EE-9115-5C3C17E9527F.jpeg
      740CE63C-7D3A-44EE-9115-5C3C17E9527F.jpeg
      441.3 KB · Views: 35
    One of the best polymer striker pistols available as far as I'm concerned. Fit's the hand well, very reliable (mine is somewhere in the 8-9k roundcount range with the only malfunctions [2 of them] coming from Tulammo steel shit), and accurate. Has been well received by everyone that has shot it. 3 or 4 of my shooting buddies ended up getting one after shooting mine.

I just picked up one and have a VP9 Match coming in. I did switch the medium back piece for the small and kept the medium side panels. Pretty dang accurate, offhand at 25 10 rounds was an easy 3" grouping. Trigger is nice, seems to be easier to manipulate with no apparent lateral influence. In other words, less prone to be affected by finger placement errors.
    I love my Glocks and Sigs. Simplicity of the Glocks, modularity of the Sig(320 series)(Classic beauty of the P22XX) But the ergonomics on the HK are better and built extremely well.
    One thing is the recoil seems to be a tad bit more on these, noticeable to me but not enough to where it makes a difference. Reseting the trigger in recoil, tracking the sight and seeing what I need to see before hitting the gas relative to how fast I want to go around the corner isn't affected.

Get one!

Last edited:
    Reactions: Doctorwho1138
    My two favorites in plastic 9s are the VP9 and the CZ P10F. I like the VP but now prefer the CZ. I find the recoil is easier to control and the grips are grippier. I think you will like either.