• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

snipe10

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 10, 2010
Colorado
Anyone seen one of these new striker fired HK's? I think it was just announced a few days ago. Kneesek Guns lists them for sale but I don't think they're available until the end of the month. Dealer cost is like $530 with msrp at $719. Guess I'll pick one up to play with as that seems pretty reasonable.

I've got one on order, but I think so far only a few lucky people in the US have had hands on time with them, but supposedly that should change really soon as the rumor is that HK will have an aggressive rollout of them.

So far the best price I have found is Cross Creek Guns at $595 +$5.50 shipping each.

It's hard to say till enough people get out and shoot them, but the VP9 may put HK in the holsters of a lot of people that never have enjoyed some machine love with HK goodness before.

Interesting pistol and good on HK for keeping the P30 magazines rather than making shooters sign up for "notify me" all over the web in hopes of catching a spare mag or two.

Interesting pistol and good on HK for keeping the P30 magazines rather than making shooters sign up for "notify me" all over the web in hopes of catching a spare mag or two.

Love and hate the idea since I currently have a p30 which I will keep but hopefully they amp up production so getting the mags for either does not turn into a shit show.

The only gripe I have is the P2000/P30/HK45 slide is not red dot sight friendly to any of the current ones on the market. Machining to fit the sight will leave the sight over hanging the slide and you will run into the need for modification to the firing pin block spring and it's retaining pin. Wheither we like it or not, the RDS on a sidearm will be the future of handgun sights. I just wished HK would have taken this into consideration. I also hope Safariland starts making an ALS duty holster for said pistol with X300 attached. I have run the P30 for quite a while for duty & CCW. It is a great weapon, but lack of duty rigs and the RDS issue has pushed me back toward a Glock for now.

If you go to the HKpro forum there are several dealers lightyears better than Knesek that are already taking orders for these. I have placed an order for one and am looking forward to trying it out.

Thanks BigBoss, I wasn't going to buy from Knesek, they just popped up on a Google search. Their reviews scare the hell out of me!

There are 2 dealers on HKPro battling it out for the lowest price on preorders, so far it is $550 and free shipping or about $600 for the other one, so pretty good deals there.

I went to my local dealer to order one last week and he said it would probably be a year before he could get one. He's a smaller dealer but has great prices and I try to stay loyal to the local guy but for this one I may have to branch out to get one. I have a P30 and there are 3 things I don't like about it and they fixed that on the VP9. The grip texture was to aggressive for me to carry it would rub my side raw the VP9 I saw was a bit less aggressive, the long double action trigger is now a nice striker fire, and the reset has been dramatically decreased. This may replace my Glock 19 in my holster.

Larry Vickers likes them a bunch. They should not disappoint. I have been let down on HK's customer service, hopefully they will fix this too. J

i'll probably be getting one shortly after they come out to review. I like HK's reliability and the fact that most things from them are overbuilt.

My only gripe with HK's are their mag button location. Don't get me wrong, that's a minor gripe but if you primarily or duty carry something else or vice a versa; the mag release can be awkward.

I had to send an HK USP compact back to HK and their CS was top notch to me they actually installed night sights on my gun while they had it for $45

i'll probably be getting one shortly after they come out to review. I like HK's reliability and the fact that most things from them are overbuilt.

Make sure to request the seaman free floating front sight.

I was lucky enough to handle and shoot Vicker's test gun a few weeks back at his carbine class. Sweet gun! Trigger is very nice - PPQ'ish (I have a PPQ) but I like the HK break better. Recoil is comparable to a G19. I too have the LE version on order with my local FFL. If you're looking for a 9mm striker gun, I recommend to check one out when you can.

My LGS received 6 and I picked mine up last week. Just an excellent gun - shoots lights out. Never thought I would like a striker fired gun, but this one HK got right. I have a p30 in 9mm that Gray Guns worked over - the trigger on the VP9 is almost as good (right out of the box) as my expensive P30 trigger job! I've shot a gen glock 19 - I like the HK better. Haven't handled a PPQ, so no comparison from me on that. I will probably try to convince Tornado Technologies to make me a threaded barrel for this gun. A local holster maker is fabricating holsters for me as well. For those f you on the fence - get one!!

I have a buddy who has one. His feedback is that he likes it but there are some edges on it that caused him some blisters. But nothing a little tool time couldn't fix.

While I like what I have read/seen about the VP9, and give props to HK for offering something that has a street price that ISN'T in the stratosphere (though still on the higher end for a polymer pistol), I have to wonder what it brings to the table over something like the PPQ. There's the broader range of grip "customization" available with the VP9, and... uh... hmm. The slide manipulation ears (a good idea, I admit). Other than that? Based on what I can determine, it's essentially an HK PPQ (which isn't necessarily a bad thing, as I like both HK as a manufacturer and the PPQ as a pistol).

very cool pistol from HK with a great price, the mag release suck for me, I tried it on a few friends HK and I really do not like how it works at all so I am out . You guys have at it cause I am too old to retrain P)
cheers.

Anybody know a dealer that will do LE individual officer pricing and can get these? I've had 0 luck. LE gun comes with NS and 3 mags.

Anybody know a dealer that will do LE individual officer pricing and can get these? I've had 0 luck. LE gun comes with NS and 3 mags.

HK ended their current IOP and the stock of LE kits (3 mags and night sights) ordered by dealers are available to sell to anyone at the previous LE price
The program is going to be replaced with a new "value add" rebate or extra accessories program.

Waiting for mine at $550, I did pick up 5 extra mags today for $39 each, not too bad as my USP45 mages are like $60ish!

@ rgrmike
It's a very nice pistol. I picked mine up the day before I headed to work. I put maybe 100rds thru it, LOVE IT! Very nice shooting pistol and great sights on the LE model.

I got to play with one at a gun store. Very light in the hand and pointed well for me. I wish it was a bit smaller overall but only so it was easier to carry. I wouldnt mind having one but I also wasn't immediately compelled to spend 600 or trade my Glock in.

I shot it last Friday and it's a nice gun. Shot just like my old P30 which I sold. I sold my P30 because I'm a lefty and lefty's tend to have a problem with the slide release engaging on the last round by your thumb and not allowing the slide to lock back. No matter how hard I tried with my old gun my thumb would slide up ever so slightly and just barely touch the release lever. Overall though it's a beautiful weapon.

Picking mine up Saturday. Love my Glocks. ...but my eyes lit up when I saw one. HK showed its SUPREME engineering again. I was sold when I didn't see a hammer finally.

Have had mine for about a month now. Love it to death. I also have a P-30L and think I like the VP9 better. I'm a full time RSO and so it's on my hip 40 hours a week. Hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of rounds thru it and hundreds and hundreds of dry fires and not one failure yet. None. I've got a Viridian X5-L green laser on it coupled with the Viridian TacLoc P-30 holster. A very sweet setup. From a surrender hands on head position I can get the gun out of the holster and put a round in a 2 inch circle at 15 ft in under 1/2 sec. easily.

I have one & love it, POA is POI...easy to shoot accurately, very light weight, nice trigger & has some nice features. I picked up the one with 3 mags and factory night sights.

Love my VP9. Feels much better than a Glock. And......HK is stamped on the side!!!

While I like what I have read/seen about the VP9, and give props to HK for offering something that has a street price that ISN'T in the stratosphere (though still on the higher end for a polymer pistol), I have to wonder what it brings to the table over something like the PPQ. There's the broader range of grip "customization" available with the VP9, and... uh... hmm. The slide manipulation ears (a good idea, I admit). Other than that? Based on what I can determine, it's essentially an HK PPQ (which isn't necessarily a bad thing, as I like both HK as a manufacturer and the PPQ as a pistol).

In my opinion there are two striker-fired polymer pistols which are head and shoulders above all the others - the VP9 and PPQ. For a $50-$100 price premium over a Gen4 Glock 19 I can't see why I would purchase the Glock. I have all three sitting in front of me on the desk, here's what I see that makes the VP9 and PPQ different:

VP9 - The ergos are better than the PPQ. The texture has more grip to it and the grip itself is more contoured than the VP9. More flexibility in customizing the grip as well. Slightly less muzzle flip in recoil than the PPQ, magwell seems a bit more forgiving. The VP9 trigger is a heavier overall trigger and feels like a single stage trigger. There is a short bit of take up, then decent break with a fairly short reset. Without training or under stress I think the VP9 trigger is easier to shoot well because there is less total travel in the trigger.

PPQ - Ergos are far better than a Glock, but not as good as the VP9. The grip feels more round and the texturing doesn't offer as much grip as the VP9. I prefer the button mag release on the PPQ as I can change mags and drop the slide without changing my grip one bit, with the VP9 I still have to shift a bit to get the mag release with my trigger finger. The trigger on the PPQ feels like a two stage trigger. There is a long take up, followed by a definite wall, and then a very crisp break. The reset on the PPQ is extremely short. The total travel in the trigger is longer than the VP9, but the reset is shorter. Under slow-fire conditions it is absolutely easier to shoot the PPQ trigger as you can prep the trigger and break it easily. Without training or under stress it's a bit tougher than the VP9 because it's easy to pull through the entire trigger, miss the second stage, and throw the shot due to the long pull. With training and practice I think the PPQ trigger is better than the VP9. The break is crisp, the pull weight is less, and the reset is shorter.

Both the PPQ and VP9 are extremely accurate pistols. I think which one is better is going to depend largely on intended use and personal preference. Both spank the Glock.

I tried hard to like this gun. In the end, the trigger reset is awful, both too long and the trigger return spring really snaps in after the reset point so it lengthens the actual reset you are dealing with and you almost have to re prep the trigger. Also didn't like that I couldn't find a good match of length of pull and thumb off of slide stop. Being a long time 1911 shooter, these two ended up being deal breakers. Otherwise, it has a lot going for it, if you don't care about those things, or shoot differently from me.

Last edited:
I know I am in a minority but out of the 3 hks I owned two went down and had be replaced (heat treat done incorrectly and slide completely locked so no chance of cycling usp compact and p2000sk) so yes they have reliability reputation but in my experience it is no more or less than any good modern manufacturers (sig, glock , cz etc) customer service was fine but others better as they will prepay shipping hk not so much...the two failures were within 400 rounds of new. I think the vp9 is actually made be another company and branded hk too, but I have held and liked the ergos just have enough other guns that have been reliable to really give it a try.