• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Reloading Equipment Hodgdon website has Varget

Is Varget one of the best powders for 5.56?
I have been working on a load for my factory 700 in 223 and it shoots the same hole with 52 smk pushed by varget. I love varget for 223/556 and 308/762 except it doesn't throw worth a darn. Chargemaster gets a workout for the 223 and 308 bolt guns.

I was going to load for my .308 and use Varget. Obviously its tough to find. I have some H335, anybody use that for .308? I see it in my mauals but never really hear much about it, atleast I dont. Please give your inputs and advice, thank you.

I was going to load for my .308 and use Varget. Obviously its tough to find. I have some H335, anybody use that for .308? I see it in my mauals but never really hear much about it, atleast I dont. Please give your inputs and advice, thank you.

You'll have better luck from others with this in the reloading section.

Middle of November I bought a jug of Varget directly from Hodgon, was just on their website and Varget is now $40 a jug
higher in price. WTF

I noticed that Brownells upped the price of Hodgdon Extreme 8lbers to $256. Last time I bought H4350 from them in October of 2019 with a 10% off coupon I paid $176 shipped per 8lber. I wouldn’t be surprised to see $300 per 8lber normal price when this all shakes out in a year or two(maybe).

Middle of November I bought a jug of Varget directly from Hodgon, was just on their website and Varget is now $40 a jug
higher in price. WTF
I looked back and I paid $233.95 in November. $282 out the door.

higher in price. WTF
This is what happens when manufacturers see dumbasses paying $100/lb for powder. It wouldn’t surprise me if they increase it even more.