• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hog's Beware! Operation Blackout has been initiated...

Predator Strikeforce

Private
Minuteman
Sep 25, 2010
Utah
I'm pretty sure I just assembled the baddest hog gun ever! Lol. .300 Blackout SBR 9" AAC. 7.62 SDN-6 Supressor, Magpul UBR & AFG, Seekins SP223 lower, Timney drop-in, dual Wicked Lights and EOTech EXPS 3-2 with G33 Magnifier when the camera isn't being used. I also get to strap an Insight Technologies thermal unit onto the picatinny when I land in Texas... :)

581000_527170253993484_1090084471_n.jpg

Business end of the .300 BLK!
549965_527170390660137_1968256884_n.jpg

Notice the EOTech reticle centered in the screen of the Panasonic Lumix which also records HD video.
221651_527170800660096_730549520_n.jpg

Hey Feinstein! Suck on this... :tt2:
484196_527171763993333_1126393826_n.jpg

Wow, that is a sweet rig. I am curious about your camera mount. Is that something you made yourself or is it made by a manufacturer?

I am seriously jealous....

I'm getting .75" at 50 yards and 1.25" at 100 yards shooting factory Remington 220 grain subsonics so far. I haven't messed with handloads yet as I only have about 120 rounds down the tube.

The camera mount is a work in progress so please excuse the cheapo fasteners etc. I cut the rings off a one piece AR scope mount and milled it to the proper eye relief height. Then I fastened a custom made 1/4" tripod mount to the scope mount using the picatinny mount hardware. Range testing has worked well so far. I'll try it on hogs tomorrow night!

Last edited:
I'm getting .75" at 50 yards and 1.25" at 100 yards shooting factory Remington 220 grain subsonics so far. I haven't messed with handloads yet as I only have about 120 rounds down the tube.

That is very nice, especially given your sighting system. Good luck w/ the hogs!

how do you like those "wicked" lights? i've been thinking about getting a set, instead of an ND3

I've been very, very impressed with the Wicked Lights for hunting. Extremely bright, user friendly and durable beyond compare. Awesome lights...

btw, I typically only use one light but when filming, two is better than one.

Last edited:
That is slick
I have a 300 black on order from Daniel Defense, but I am waiting on a chrome bolt.
I can vouch for the wicked light, but I am interested in some more details about the camera mount!
I don't have the tools to machine one but I would be interested in a commercial version of it.

cool rifle and I am going to try to make one of those mounts.

That's a sweet looking stick. How well do those 220gn subs work on the hogs? Lets see some hunting pics when ya get the chance. .458 socom upper couldn't hurt to have in the stable either.

Last edited:
The Hogs in Texas I've hunted tend to haul ass when you shine white lights on 'em. Use red lenses on your lights, and they will just stand there and and stare at you.

The camera is awesome
That will make some interesting videos

When and where ya comin to? I have a VERY similar setup (minus that cam, very cool), and already got my insight thermal :) ... If you end up anywhere between San Anton and Houston we can do some hog slayin..

Ditto, on the Red lights. White lights, and they scatter. VERY NICE RIG!!!!!!!!!! I went "old school" with my hog gun. Winchester 1886, Lever gun. 45-70. Jap remake. With Hot loads. It'll knock them of they'r feet, and half gut them.350 grns. 1900 fps.fast. That's about 1900 ft. Lbs of energy, at 100 yds. It'll also stop the truck they rode in on. I won't be able to "shoot as many" as you can, with that rig, though. That is just plain awesome!!!

As many have said, red light filters work a lot better. Starting with the light high and well above the target and then slowly lowering it in. argueably though , you are using white light to film, so using red is moot due to your cameras needs and the lcd illumination on your face.
I personally like to put up a feeder and get the smell of diesel in the area. Deer wont like it but the hogs dont mind. Then put a red feeder light up on the feeder. I put up 3 feeders and rotate periodic checks. In areas with sand or bare dirt I sprinkle flour on the ground. It really pops in contrast with the hogs. Since they only walk in one direction the head is easy for me to find. (without a NOD).
Hunting them is fun but if your trying to reduce them , id say trapping works better.
Anyway happy hunting out there.