• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Armed Ferret

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 31, 2006
DPR Maryland
AMAX's suck for hunting. Isn't that what gets parroted around here quite often?
grin.gif

threelittlepiggies.jpg

I got momma with the 7Shamwow you see in the photo, 162 AMAX. Buddy got her kids with one single 178 AMAX (700 5R) through both brainpans.

Gotta love it when they line up.

Here's another pic for shits 'n' grins.

lastsuckle.jpg

Got a good idea on a gobbler for tomorrow morning, then tomorrow evening we'll be back out on some sour corn for more smoker-sized pork.

Re: Hogs down

Everything I've read about the A-max bullets in .30 caliber (reports by Doctor Gary Roberts) points to them being extremely effective against flesh. I didn't know there were a lot of people claiming the opposite, looks like they got the job done here.

They only work for those who hit their target. All those who have bullet "fail" can't blame their crappy shooting and bullets can't tell on them.A-MAX work so do SMK even they aren't "Hunting" bullets.
Scot

The A-Max may not kill to good but it will slow em down long enough to get a grill under them.
laugh.gif

Yeah, those dang A-Max's. I would quite shooting them if I were you and that's all the performance you got out of them. I might even go see if Hornady will give you your money back.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SMACK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sweeeeeeeeeeet! love the "7 Shamwow"..
grin.gif
</div></div>

Credit's not mine; saw it on another forum and adopted it as my own.
smile.gif

looks like the amax did a good job, as it has for me. I really like the way that 178 shoots out of my stick.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Catzass</div><div class="ubbcode-body">AF,

That second pic is priceless...my girl looked at the first pic and asked if those were babies I told her no, the first hog is just that huge...second pic made me a LIAR!!! Oh well, looks like y'all had some fun.</div></div>

Little bit of both, actually. She was right at the fringe of my personal limit for "keepability". The juveniles were right around 50 pounds on the hoof; the males we shot had dropped their testes, so they were at least 6 months old and ready for bacon-makin.
wink.gif