• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Holster for car?

kthomas

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 17, 2009
Tucson, AZ
Looking at getting a holster to contain a Sig P226 w/X300 in the center console of a 2018 Toyota Highlander.

What I'm thinking is a holster that I can attach to the inside of the center console by some strong velcro.

Any specific holsters that would be a good candidate for this?

Personally for a center console I would go with wood

Use CAD- cardboard assisted design

cut cardboard to fit the bottom of the console.

trace cardboard onto wood that is at least 2” thick

Sand to get a good fit

route out holes for the muzzle and 2-4 spare mags and a flashlight.

You can insert the muzzle down into the wood
Same with spare mags

I’d trust this after an impact more than a holster to stay in place.

does the console have a lip/ rim/ edge?

if a gun was flush against the side could you draw the pistol?

it’s easy to attach Velcro to the inside as they sell Velcro sheets with 3m adhesive

you can get a rigid belt and cut strips to the length of the console. Attach Velcro to belt with 3m tape and a second method.
Slide belt sections into holster and stick to console

I use the Safariland QLS quick detach system. You can easily transfer the firearm within seconds still secured in the holster from car to paddle mount or belt-clip mount on person to carry bag. Shown for the HK 45Compact Tactical (apologies in advance for the CQC holster, there were no security holsters for HK at the time of photos) but for the P226, use the Safariland ALS or GLS holster. Mount the kit with proper sized polymer auto body panel polymer push pins. The combination of Safariland kit and panel pins is incredibly strong. When you remove the installation, re-insert body pin flush to nicely conceal holes. I find the passenger foot well wall a very easy conceal and natural draw location; matching velcro support cloth to conceal mounted firearm. That is all. Carry on.

Screen Shot 2020-06-05 at 5.33.48 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-06-05 at 5.33.56 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-06-05 at 5.34.12 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-06-05 at 5.34.25 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-06-05 at 5.34.34 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-06-05 at 5.34.42 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-06-05 at 5.34.52 PM.png
IMG_3252 copy.JPG
IMG_3250a copy 2.jpg
IMG_5538.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: geek65