Hope I don't Jinx it but,

shankster..

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
May 11, 2004
North Idaho
Re: Hope I don't Jinx it but,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BP has anounced that a new cap is firmly in place over the well and the next step seems to be in place for far more efficient extraction and recovery to the ships on the surface.

http://abcnews.go.com/WN/bp-oil-spill-containment-cap-reaches-leak-anger/story?id=11145052

Man I hope this works.

</div></div>

x 1,000. Let's hope the well pressure test is good.

Krav69

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 24, 2007

I get soooo pissed everytime I look at that damn well spewing. I can't even imagine living near that Gulf and the problems landing on my front door. Just looking at that on television puts me into an atrocious mood, so I would be catatonic if I worked as a fisherman right about now.

Yes, let's hope this is the real deal....

JRose

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 10, 2007
Back in BHam!!!

Try having a house for sale down there...
smirk.gif

cav has been

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 25, 2008
wilds of montana

I feel y'alls pain! Much better trying to sell a house there than to be there breathing the benzene, H2SO4, methane and what the hell ever else is in the air though.

Cegorach

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 29, 2009
Juneau, AK

As a victim of the Exon Valdez fallout everyone down there has my sincerest sympathies. I really have my fingers crossed that this will do much to staunch the flow.

Ren

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 15, 2008
Fl, Sarasota

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Krav69</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I get soooo pissed everytime I look at that damn well spewing. I can't even imagine living near that Gulf and the problems landing on my front door. Just looking at that on television puts me into an atrocious mood, so I would be catatonic if I worked as a fisherman right about now.

Yes, let's hope this is the real deal.... </div></div>

I 100 percent agree. This incident has pretty much killed a small business idea Ive had floating around in my head. Just checked the spill cam... so far nothing is over the pipe... it appears to just be free flowing.

G

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Try having a house for sale down there...
smirk.gif

</div></div>

Throw some oil on it and file a claim!
whistle.gif

sunburned

Private
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2009
Buncombe County, NC

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Try having a house for sale down there...
smirk.gif

</div></div>

Fully half of local pending RE deals fell off the table with the oil spill, 33957.