• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hoplite Arms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Well this was not a Hoplite Arms coordinated event, lol...but I am pretty sure the concierge division provided you a driver, lol.

Sincerely,
Theis
Oh, I have nothing but gratitude for the Hoplite Arms concierge service. 10/10. I didn’t bring a tent either, after all!

• Haha
Reactions: THEIS
@THEIS this sounds like a great milestone for your rifle and your company, good shooting by @Dthomas3523, and the rifle is looking good -- very impressive all 'round, congratulations and keep it up!

Hi,

Thank you!!
It was nice to get out of the office and meet another "hider" that was previously unknown.

Monolithic custom tuned ammo goodness will be completed before next go around lol.....Just need to find an ELR match organization that we want to take part in.

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

So here is the production model version of the buttstock frame. I have gotten a few inquiries in regards to what the production design looks like along with its feature changes.

Along with the enclosed tracks for the cheek piece height and the length of pull...the entire buttstock sits naturally .4" lower to provide a better feel when shooting from bags; along with providing better clearance between the bolt handle when folding/locking the buttstock.

Right Side:
1614889029426.png

Left Side:
1614889083503.png

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

User friendly is a definite must and huge "driver" for everything Hoplite. So here is just another small design feature/step in that direction.

Here is the new single piece trigger guard (lower center section).
1614948983096.png

Here is the single piece trigger guard (lower center section) removed so user can get to the magazine adjustment latch and the bolt guide/stop screw pin without having to remove the barreled action from the chassis. Especially useful if an entity or person specifies they require bonded receiver. They can still access, inspect and replace everything with the barreled action in place.
1614949262730.png

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

Happy Saturday to everyone.

The Hoplite Arms Aspis is hanging out with its' friends; ZCO, RRS, Kestrel, Swarovski and its' newest friend...Ziploc.

Ziploc is debuting their custom ammunition transport systems. This specific system seems to have no problem transporting both the Berger factory 300NM and the Norma factory 300NM at the same time. Looking forward to further development of their products.

Ziploc.jpg

Sincerely,
Theis

I thought you needed an extra 50 pounds of bags, gadgets and random shit when you go to the range???

Hi,

Happy Saturday to everyone.

The Hoplite Arms Aspis is hanging out with its' friends; ZCO, RRS, Kestrel, Swarovski and its' newest friend...Ziploc.

Ziploc is debuting their custom ammunition transport systems. This specific system seems to have no problem transporting both the Berger factory 300NM and the Norma factory 300NM at the same time. Looking forward to further development of their products.

View attachment 7574752

Sincerely,
Theis
Almost seems like the Rrs friend needs a friend of its own. Mr Sandbag Ballast.

I thought you needed an extra 50 pounds of bags, gadgets and random shit when you go to the range???

Hi,

That ol myth is perpetuated by the .270 crowd and the "What, no bags??? I am not shooting that match" crowd.

Someone should do a 6 stage match with 1/4 mile between stages where you are not allowed to set anything down the entire match or IF you sit something down you cannot pick it back up.

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

That ol myth is perpetuated by the .270 crowd and the "What, no bags??? I am not shooting that match" crowd.

Someone should do a 6 stage match with 1/4 mile between stages where you are not allowed to set anything down the entire match or IF you sit something down you cannot pick it back up.

Sincerely,
Theis
Håkan Spuhr acctually did pretty much that a few years ago. There was a no limit to what you could use in the match but you had to carry it, no carts or similar.
If you were not holding it when ”ceasefire” command was given, the RO took it for the rest of the match.
Things got interesting fast when shooters were loosing gear they relied on at a steady pace.
I had my rifle and a small TAB rear bag, it got me through, I did not win but I did not finish last either. And I lost no gear during the match, unlike a lot of others.

Last edited:
Håkan Spuhr acctually did pretty much that a few years ago. There was a no limit to what you could use in the match but you had to carry it, no carts or similar.
If you were not holding it when ”ceasefire” command was given, the RO took it for the rest of the match.
Things got interesting fast when shooters were loosing gear they relied on at a steady pace.
I had my rifle and a small TAB rear bag, it got me through, I did not win but I did not finish last either. And I lost no gear during the match, unlike a lot of others.
I remember reading the AAR on that one, with pictures. It sounded like it was tough but fun.

Calibrated eye says monolithic will fit & feed from magazine.

I think what he’s saying is “seasoned” elr shooters. Though in my observation, many of these guys don’t shoot a ton as it’s just their big rifles and the ammo is expensive. And if you don’t shoot a ton, it’s hard to be really good. That’s not a knock on them.

But I don’t think there’s as much of a difference as a lot of people think. Shooting is shooting.
WIth the bore centerline below the comb, how much easier is it to stay on target vs an A5 or chassis with a conventional action height? I've shot much smaller calibers with this style but nothing with more than 45ish grains of powder and 150 grain bullets

Are those mono’s still mag length or we need to load one at a time

Hi,

Specifically loaded to fit into magazine. Even though Badlands Precision says they are for single shot use, lolol
We have no time for that...IF the MV is not there due to them being into the case...well we will change powder to increase the MV via increasing cartridge pressures....WIN/WIN.

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

Well I just cut the grass yesterday so no need for that edumacated of an employee.

Sincerely,
Theis

Awesome

Any .338 NM in the works?

Still going with Liberal Tears ? 😆

Hi,

That is just a barrel change away :)

Sincerely,
Theis

WIth the bore centerline below the comb, how much easier is it to stay on target vs an A5 or chassis with a conventional action height? I've shot much smaller calibers with this style but nothing with more than 45ish grains of powder and 150 grain bullets
im by no means a pro, but my guess if your fundamentals are up to snuff it prob doesnt matter much.

also over the last several years it seems that higher scope rings which means higher comb/cheek are replacing the get as low as you can.

prob should ask @Dthomas3523 he has more than a few rounds through it

I have about 1 mil of reticle movement at the most with this rifle.

Theis,
Any pcitures of the BMG/CT variant? Are the barrels and bolts interchangeable on those?

Sorry to be a booger, I didn't comb through all 48 pages.

Very Respectfully,
Stefan

Theis,
Any pcitures of the BMG/CT variant? Are the barrels and bolts interchangeable on those?

Sorry to be a booger, I didn't comb through all 48 pages.

Very Respectfully,
Stefan

Hi,

No bother at all.

The Aspis is in production right now.
The Kopis (Short Action) will be following right behind it since they use a lot of the same components.
The Phalanx (BMG/CT) will be after that but to answer your direct question...Yes they (BMG/CT) will be the same rifle; just different bolt face and caliber of barrel of course.

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

No bother at all.

The Aspis is in production right now.
The Kopis (Short Action) will be following right behind it since they use a lot of the same components.
The Phalanx (BMG/CT) will be after that but to answer your direct question...Yes they (BMG/CT) will be the same rifle; just different bolt face and caliber of barrel of course.

Sincerely,
Theis
Is it a quick change setup for the barrels?

V/R
Stefan

All those muzzle brakes explanation in 3d, Autocad, about air flow...
You muzzle is 4 square holes and the rifle barely moves!

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Congrats, what amazing engineering piece here!

Hi,

Well I figured since I drink 4 protein coffees a day...the muzzle brake should have same amount of squares, lolol
20210316_071936.jpg

I do have one with 6 openings too though, lol.

20210316_071908.jpg

Sincerely,
Theis

THEIS I think I missed it, I would like to know if the chassis will fit a Lone Peak Arms RAZOR .338 action and if you do put me on the list for one please. Thanks

Reactions: sniper68
THEIS I think I missed it, I would like to know if the chassis will fit a Lone Peak Arms RAZOR .338 action and if you do put me on the list for one please. Thanks
No. It’s a completely custom flat bottom action, only sold as a complete system.

Thanks for the information, is a .338 in the works?

Hi,

The Aspis model which the first batch is in production right now is available in both..338NM and 338LM.
We just need to know intended projectile usage...jacketed or monolithics so the correct barrel spec's are used.

Sincerely,
Theis

We just need to know intended projectile usage...jacketed or monolithics so the correct barrel spec's are used.
I'm curious what the difference in the barrels would be? Twist rate? Throating?

I never really considered that monolithics would need anything different than jacketed bullets.

I'm curious what the difference in the barrels would be? Twist rate? Throating?

I never really considered that monolithics would need anything different than jacketed bullets.

The Monolithics need faster twist rates for them to be stable, generally the heavier the monolithic for the given caliber is, the faster the twist you need.
Normal jacketed bullets may have issues when spun too fast, including but not limited to, coming apart.

IF you will be mostly shooting only jacketed bullets, go with the barrel for the jacketed bullets & you can still shoot some of the light for class monolithcs if you want.

Otherwise if you are trying to push the limits of distance and accuracy using monolithics, get a barrel specifically for them so you can make use of the higher weight monolithics for better results.

The Monolithics need faster twist rates for them to be stable, generally the heavier the monolithic for the given caliber is, the faster the twist you need.
Normal jacketed bullets may have issues when spun too fast, including but not limited to, coming apart.

IF you will be mostly shooting only jacketed bullets, go with the barrel for the jacketed bullets & you can still shoot some of the light for class monolithcs if you want.

Otherwise if you are trying to push the limits of distance and accuracy using monolithics, get a barrel specifically for them so you can make use of the higher weight monolithics for better results.
^^This Shoot 400gr Flatlines out of 375 SnipeTAC with a 1:7 Bartlein 36" barrel with twist rate recommended from Walt Wilkerson. Also important to match the bullet diameter to the barrel. Provided Warner Tool with bore/groove diameter of the barrel and solids turned to match.

Reactions: W54/XM-388
Hi,

@slowworm

As the guys have already said....PLUS when getting into the finer details of monolithics....not all of them perform best in the "standard" bore/groove dimensions that are popular with jacketed bullets.

To get the best results from monos the old saying of choose your monolithic then build your rifle around it still holds a lot of merit today.

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

@slowworm

As the guys have already said....PLUS when getting into the finer details of monolithics....not all of them perform best in the "standard" bore/groove dimensions that are popular with jacketed bullets.

To get the best results from monos the old saying of choose your monolithic then build your rifle around it still holds a lot of merit today.

Sincerely,
Theis

On that note, do you have some specific monolithcs that you have tested against your .338LM barrels (the ones setup for the solids) and work well?
(So I know what ones specifically to order in).

Thanks.

Reactions: AMGtuned
Hi,

The Aspis model which the first batch is in production right now is available in both..338NM and 338LM.

Sincerely,
Theis

I was wanting it in .300 Norma Mag and had to use the .338 action, 250 gr

I was wanting it in .300 Norma Mag and had to use the .338 action, 250 gr

The test version that they just shot at the mile match was .300 Norma so if you specifically want a .300 Norma, just let Theis know and it shouldn't be a problem for you to get that one, as soon as the correct barrel comes in, since that is one of the calibers they are specifically shipping:

Just send Theis a PM and let him know you want to buy one.

On that note, do you have some specific monolithcs that you have tested against your .338LM barrels (the ones setup for the solids) and work well?
(So I know what ones specifically to order in).

Thanks.

Hi,

We are liking the Badlands Precision monolithics since we have some super fast twist barrels exiting with a 7 twist.
We are actually getting ready to test some of the 215gr 30cal monos loaded to magazine length in the 300NM.
I do not see a reason to swap to different manufactured monos for the 338 sizes :)

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

So going into the weekend; even though those days pretty much seem like Monday's lolol.....

This weekend is pretty exciting since a few of us are getting together (virtually) to have a brain dump of ideas and concepts...this could get interesting :)

If Hoplite Arms could take a selfie right now this is what it would look like, lol
BrainStorm.JPG

Sincerely,
Theis

Status
Not open for further replies.