• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hoplite Arms

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will say that what I like about it is that the units are all in one mil increments__ this makes it a little easier to use than a primer three were some of the units are not one mil… totally fine once you’re used to the tremor three, pain in the ass until you’re totally used to it.

Hello all. I have been "SH absent" in '21 until yesterday so please forgive me for wanting to get up to speed with what some will surely find annoying questions...

1) When might one expect availability of a Hoplite left handed rifle with Stainless action in 6.5 prc? (I prefer stainless vs other metals)

2) Will availability of actions for sale come before or after rifles?

3) I don't know what I don't know so bear with me on this one- Is it feasible to have a switch caliber rifle that covers 6.5 CM and 6.5 prc?

4) Is Theis pronounced "Tice" like "rice" the food?!

TYIA

Last edited:
Hello all. I have been "SH absent" in '21 until yesterday so please forgive me for wanting to get up to speed with what some will surely find annoying questions...

1) When might one expect availability of a Hoplite left handed rifle with Stainless action in 6.5 prc?

2) Will availability of actions for sale come before or after rifles?

3) I don't know what I don't know so bear with me on this one- Is it feasible to have a switch caliber rifle that covers 6.5 CM and 6.5 prc?

4) Is Theis pronounced "Tice" like "rice" the food?!

TYIA

You want to do a lot of reading, it would save you time, just start at this thread and read all the way through again.

But to answer your questions.

Left Hand, probably sometime late 2022
Rifles come only complete with the entire rifle.
If you don't want any colour on the receiver, you could get it bare or clear coat which then is just the metal alloy.
You will be able to go from .375 Swiss P all the way down to the 6mm stuff by changing out bolts and barrels, kits for those are probably going to be mid to late 2022

Serial number LH00001776 for me, thanks!

I Just learned a bunch about the rifles at @THEIS site. I hope the Hoplite actions are still going to be flat bottomed and not cylindrical. Do we know what mags the Aspis will use?

Last edited:
Serial number LH00001776 for me, thanks!

I Just learned a bunch about the rifles at @THEIS site. I hope the Hoplite actions are still going to be flat bottomed and not cylindrical. Do we know what mags the Aspis will use?
Have you seen the pics? Theis was kind enough to be all inclusive from the Star Wars IT guys, to the Pumpkin Spice Starbuck crowd of females. He's all inclusive and has an accent

Reactions: Milf Dots
Okay, now I get it... Just. Wow.

A single precision rifle system that will reliably run that many different cartridges with a simple switch of the barrel, bolt, and use of the Corvin conversion kit (it's sort of a hybrid, right?!)... And the use of Aermet 100 in key components... The whole endeavor is amazing to witness!

The only question that hasn't been answered: How to pronounce his name @THEIS

Reactions: brianf
Okay, now I get it... Just. Wow.

A single precision rifle system that will reliably run that many different cartridges with a simple switch of the barrel, bolt, and use of the Corvin conversion kit (it's sort of a hybrid, right?!)... And the use of Aermet 100 in key components... The whole endeavor is amazing to witness!

The only question that hasn't been answered: How to pronounce his name @THEIS
Our own @BLKWLFK9 podcast interviewing @THEIS back in January. Pronounced thee - is.

Hi,

@Milf Dots

1. A Stainless action in any handed configuration is nowhere in the program and plans as it offers zero benefits over the 4140 alloy used.

2. You should make it out to the upcoming Precision Rifle Expo this coming weekend in Blakely Ga.

Sincerely,
Theis

I prefer the added corrosion resistance of stainless alloys over cro-moly steel, but it's not a must have for me, especially on such an innovative rifle system like yours. I'm glad you'll offer LH versions!

I think they just confirmed the booth next to savage
Not finding any booth for Hoplite. And there are no "SOLD" but un-named booths in that area. Theis - are you going to have a booth at SHOT? If so, have you been assigned a booth number (which)? Or are you going to be in another company's booth (which)? Thanks.

Not finding any booth for Hoplite. And there are no "SOLD" but un-named booths in that area. Theis - are you going to have a booth at SHOT? If so, have you been assigned a booth number (which)? Or are you going to be in another company's booth (which)? Thanks.
He won't have a booth... SHOT isn't what it used to be.

But if he did, it would be next to Savage

He will be at the precision rifle expo if you want to touch one

Hi friends,

I have diligently read through 10 pages of this thread, but I am not sure I understand USP of Aspis project. Is it a new receiver system that can handle high pressures and switch barrels?

Hi,

Oscar, we have no intentions to participate in Shot Show as long as it continues to operate in its' structure and format.

At this point in time I think participating in Shot Show is pretty hypocritical of a lot of people. Just look at how many people and threads are on this single forum alone about "Boycott Hornady" due to a letter from CEO about getting the jab.....BUT (Here is where the hypocrisy comes into play)....some of those same people are all "Uhh Uhh, Shot Show coming up, cannot wait to go"...

NEWS FLASH for those people!!!!

Damn near the entire hospitality industry in Nevada has/is being required to get the jab or find another job. So they should be taking the same stance against that industry as they are demanding everyone take against one of the greatest 2A advocate companies in the USA.

The NSSF had plenty of time to relocate the Shot Show from Nevada to Florida or Texas....States that are not mandating people wear mask inside, even at large gatherings. So they should be taking the same stance against participating in any event held by NSSF.

Then we get into the entire Shot Show structure needs to be updated. The industry has grown way too large for a single show to house "Shooting, Hunting and Outdoors" industry genres. It needs to be split into independent exhibitions.

Then we get into the reality that 75% of the attendees should NOT be taking up aisle space and exhibitors time. Either Shot Show needs to absolutely LOCK DOWN on attendee criteria or just open the damn thing to the public and stop acting as if it is some "exclusive" exhibition.

Someone that teaches CCL classes once a month in their area is NOT "In the industry" that validates their allowance into Shot Show.
Someone that has an Instagram page that "showcases" other companies products are NOT "In the industry" that validates their allowance into Shot Show.
Someone that works shipping & receiving at their local gun store aka pawn shop is NOT "In the industry" that validates their allowance into Show Show.
List keeps going and going and going...
Bottom line----Attendees should be able to absolutely prove at time of registration that they have purchasing power and/or executive level position at a legit "Industry" establishment.

Then we get into the whole ROI, thing...lol
When company like Sig can donate 500k cash money to NSSF and still come out cheaper than participating in the Shot Show then the return on participation investment is just not there.

Sincerely,
Theis

Regarding Hornady, I have zero time for people or companies who advocate against freedom and the sovereignty of the individual.

I consider men like Frank Galli part of the gun industry because of his contributions, and SH is a real resource for the shooting sports.

I don't work in gun sales or anything even close, but I think we often undervalue their part in this machine we call the gun industry, which is part of the gun community.

Perhaps SHOT should be split away from the Outdoor products and have a separate shooting sports show, but that'd probably cause backlash from many of the retailers who have outdoor products AND firearms in their sporting goods departments.

Shot Show is a shell of it's former self and a complete waste of time

You can do so much more for less money and get a higher ROI if you just planned ahead and spent some time mapping out the message you want to convey

I honestly wish they would cancel it for this year, if I do have to go, (and there is no vax requirement for me) I will only do a bare minimum of days there, like Monday night to Thursday afternoon and I am out of that place

The last "range day" I worked for MHSA was on the ATAC Range which was supposed to be Vetted, LE/Mil, etc, so basically they paid a ton of money for a higher quality of attendee, and it was a complete bust. 90% of the attendees that came were from overseas and can't even buy from the people viewing. The entire day was a waste of time, and we have not been back since.

The networking that takes place is fun enough, but really it's about the parties, and even then, it's a mess unless you have an invite, and /or you plan ahead with a group. Sure you see a lot of old faces, you get to meet people face to face, but it's really not worth the effort.

so over Shot it's beyond any meaningful discussion, if you haven't been subject to it for more than 3 years you probably won't understand, it's new and shiny and anything new and shiny will get the benefit of the doubt

Hi,

Sneak Peek for those not attending the precision rifle expo..

Aspis 338LM sitting in XLR chassis.

20211029_122128.jpg
20211029_122135.jpg

Sincerely,
Theis

Sooo..... why is it in the XLR?
Because some people are heathens and don't want it in the chassis it was meant to be in. He is showing those savages that it can go in the XLR abomination.

Jk. I don't feel that way about other people or their chassis choices. Personally I think the original chassis looks better than the XLR though.

Reactions: plong and Stoweit
Hi,

I have call with them on Tuesday and in Hoplite Arms fashion...I may just be able to squeeze into your opening weekend at last second.

Sincerely,
Theis
Bring that 6CM along. Maybe I can talk you into leaving the conversion here🤣
Send me an email or PM if you’re serious and I’ll help get you set up.

Killed this one at 30y with a bow on Thursday evening.

1635603708690.jpeg

Hi,

So @RS14 11 year old son shot one of the best if not the best vertical spread groups of the day with the Aspis 300PRC at 1k.

View attachment 7731617
Sincerely,
Theis
What Theis didn’t mention is that the kid was shooting in 25 mph, variable full value wind from the 9-o’clock right across the 1000 yard range. All day wind…. Strong. Never let up.

But… the kid had a really great coach… AND he was wearing a Hide hoodie… bancat, Squatch and buy more ammo version. So he was dressed for success!!

He smoked that target in high crossing winds…. At 1000. Damn fine shooting!

Sirhr

What Theis didn’t mention is that the kid was shooting in 25 mph, variable full value wind from the 9-o’clock right across the 1000 yard range. All day wind…. Strong. Never let up.

But… the kid had a really great coach… AND he was wearing a Hide hoodie… bancat, Squatch and buy more ammo version. So he was dressed for success!!

Sirhr
Seen his dad shoot, so it’s not to surprising.

Reactions: RS14
Hi,

So @RS14 11 year old son shot one of the best if not the best vertical spread groups of the day with the Aspis 300PRC at 1k.

View attachment 7731617
Sincerely,
Theis
Thanks so much. We had a great time today. And you have one heck of a rifle. Anyone who missed the opportunity needs to be there tomorrow or just go ahead and order one.
Is that the 11 year old mentioned above?
DF2DABA0-F350-43D5-9C3A-1480BAE15C28.jpeg

A46237C5-D82B-4006-8265-2F49F3DD70E1.jpeg

Sirhr
Thank you sir. And it was nice meeting you today.
Seen his dad shoot, so it’s not to surprising.
He is definitely a better shooter than I. And @THEIS had or still has the target to prove it. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.