• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hoplite Arms

Status
Not open for further replies.
What gets me, these same people go around calling you an asshole and being passive aggressive all the time.

When the truth is, they seriously don’t give a shit.

Guess how many calls have been scheduled to discuss their grievances? Guess how many people have introduced themselves to me?

This community prides themselves in being high morals and respect, among other things.

Then when it’s time to actually time to man up……

Everyone is T-Rex arms and you could hear a mouse piss on a cotton ball.

What gets me, these same people go around calling you an asshole and being passive aggressive all the time.

When the truth is, they seriously don’t give a shit.

Guess how many calls have been scheduled to discuss their grievances? Guess how many people have introduced themselves to me?

This community prides themselves in being high morals and respect, among other things.

Then when it’s time to actually time to man up……

Everyone is T-Rex arms and you could hear a mouse piss on a cotton ball.

Theres like 700,000 people in this "community" so dont let a few bad apples.

My dumb ass was worried about him (whoever he really is), thinking he took a leave to go to Ukraine and help deal what what is going on there.

Hi,

@TheGerman and I have done some shooting, business-ish things, and drinking together. He is a very nice, family-friendly individual who enjoys apple-cinnamon moonshine from the jar, and high end charcuterie boards. Additionally, he's more than apt to tell you your child is ugly and to go be poor somewhere else to your face if you question his firearms/equipment taste.

Sincerely,

Clcustom1911

Seems legit.....

• Haha
Reactions: clcustom1911
Theres like 700,000 people in this "community" so dont let a few bad apples.

Oh I know. And we greatly appreciate most everyone.

But, these few really fuck things up.

Next time you wonder “man why doesn’t <insert industry name> talk to us anymore?”

Remember the few that spent all their time being the way they are. The ones starting it, the ones keeping it going, the ones hitting the like button.

They are the ones that make forums not worth it for most people who could be sharing valuable info.

speaking of community,

id like to thank the members who have reached out today

several names i already knew and several more that ive never met or "seen" before

all suggesting that continuing on, and bringing product to market is the best way to move forward, leaving the past in the past

ive also had some long time members who usualy stay our of sight PM me as well

as posted above, several times:

if you really want to help and see justice served, please refrain from the immediate gratification of posting and drama

the wheels of justice grind slow but grind fine

let me do what needs to be done and dont impede progress

thanks

Oh I know. And we greatly appreciate most everyone.

But, these few really fuck things up.

Next time you wonder “man why doesn’t <insert industry name> talk to us anymore?”

Remember the few that spent all their time being the way they are. The ones starting it, the ones keeping it going, the ones hitting the like button.

They are the ones that make forums not worth it for most people who could be sharing valuable info.

And this too shall pass.

If you think thats bad just wait until you miss a projected delivery date.

Get a good flame suit.

speaking of community,

id like to thank the members who have reached out today

several names i already knew and several more that ive never met or "seen" before

all suggesting that continuing on, and bringing product to market is the best way to move forward, leaving the past in the past

ive also had some long time members who usualy stay our of sight PM me as well

as posted above, several times:

if you really want to help and see justice served, please refrain from the immediate gratification of posting and drama

the wheels of justice grind slow but grind fine

let me do what needs to be done and dont impede progress

thanks
You live and learn, and you have done the right thing.

Honestly, I think the firearms community is fairly good as far as treating people well. There will always be assholes and scam artists, and always be people who get enjoyment in the pains of others, but fuck em.

However, I do think it is worthwhile noting that issues like this are endemic in the forum model. Forums are ripe hunting grounds for scam artists and other grifting troublemakers, and the Hide is not the first hit. It goes with the model. Forums attract hyper interested enthusiasts who enjoy being first adopters and are enthralled with not only that things work, but how things work. It's worthwhile being skeptical of forum based business models, even if that means being skeptical of good people initially. We are lucky here in that so many of the small businesses are super legit, and even lucky that one that wasn't ends up in everybody being made whole.

We are lucky here in that so many of the small businesses are super legit, and even lucky that one that wasn't ends up in everybody being made whole.
I think you mean this business is also legit in spite of the one person that wasn’t to everyone’s surprise, it’s being taken care of as are the customers.

Reactions: Doctorwho1138
I think you mean this business is also legit in spite of the one person that wasn’t to everyone’s surprise, it’s being taken care of as are the customers.
If it makes you feel better for me to say that, then OK. But it wasn't the thrust of my statement, and I am sure I didn't offend the remaining partners in the business. Rather I complimented them.

On most posts I’m reading between the lines

The way I type on my phone I’m surprised anyone understands what I’m saying

Thanks everyone

Believe me if I sniff a improper post…I’ll take care of it

Already did 2x today

On most posts I’m reading between the lines

The way I type on my phone I’m surprised anyone understands what I’m saying

Thanks everyone

Believe me if I sniff a improper post…I’ll take care of it

Already did 2x today
I’m gonna fly over your house in a couple hours. I’ll dump the lav to brighten your day 😂😂😂😂

I hope the guns do make their way to market. And the two dudes stepping up and making things right is awesome. It never hurts to get a new toy to lust for on the market, especially when your an admitted poor.
I can’t afford to dream about getting one 😄

Let's all just admit that "Theis" was good at it. He had everyone fooled for a long while. What a pos. I wish I did have some info to help nail his ass! I'm glad the other folks involved are still engaged with us and I wish more industry folks would engage with us here.... But... I sure understand why they don't. Anyone who owns a business knows how hard it is already without some jerks online making fun of a really bad situation. I just don't understand that behavior.

Anyway, I for one can't wait for the legal stuff to play out and would like to know all the details when that time comes. I wish you guys nothing but the best and I'm sorry this happened to you.

Let's all just admit that "Theis" was good at it. He had everyone fooled for a long while. What a pos. I wish I did have some info to help nail his ass! I'm glad the other folks involved are still engaged with us and I wish more industry folks would engage with us here.... But... I sure understand why they don't. Anyone who owns a business knows how hard it is already without some jerks online making fun of a really bad situation. I just don't understand that behavior.

Anyway, I for one can't wait for the legal stuff to play out and would like to know all the details when that time comes. I wish you guys nothing but the best and I'm sorry this happened to you.

We get it. It’s a tough pill. He really was a pied piper here for a good amount of time. And nobody likes to admit to themselves they got played.

And if you’re feeling that way, imagine what people (past and present) who lost money to him…must feel like.

I probably shouldn’t have lost my cool earlier. It’s just infuriating a handful of people have zero respect for a guy trying to do the right thing. All because it’s not on their timeline or to their liking. Especially when, except for a small amount of customers and vendors….it’s really none of their goddamned business.

I could have told you guys Thesis was a liar years ago. The problem was that too many sheep here thought he was something special and wore track suits so he must really be special.

The guy pretended he was in special operations. He wasn’t. He was a crypto nerd. That’s it. Good at math and what not. Not an operator like he allowed a lot of people to believe. He allowed people to make up their own assumptions and only corrected them if it didn’t line up with what he wanted you to think. Also, he was really good at OSINT which was why he had a lot of credible post.

The special operation community is small and really not as secretive as he tried to play it off. So when you pretend, we’ll find out.

It’s bad when I think all the extra threads are too much. What’s the world coming to when I’m the voice of reason?

• Haha
Reactions: Lapuapalooza
I could have told you guys Thesis was a liar years ago. The problem was that too many sheep here thought he was something special and wore track suits so he must really be special.

The guy pretended he was in special operations. He wasn’t. He was a crypto nerd. That’s it. Good at math and what not. Not an operator like he allowed a lot of people to believe. He allowed people to make up their own assumptions and only corrected them if it didn’t line up with what he wanted you to think. Also, he was really good at OSINT which was why he had a lot of credible post.

The special operation community is small and really not as secretive as he tried to play it off. So when you pretend, we’ll find out.
Sometimes you just like the story enough you want it to be real in some cases, you got to admit he can spew a line of bs.

This was a little convo I had with him when COVID shut down international travel. This was when I realized he was lying to everyone about what he wanted people to think.

EC1A2847-A7C2-4C50-9AC1-8178A251EAA2.jpeg

Where were you a few years ago lol

And by the way, he wasn’t that smart either

Good at lying for sure..numbers let’s not jump the shark lol

Ya. Before I was “part” of Hoplite, I definitely saw some claims that didn’t add up.

And he would fly just close enough to the sun to avoid it. Eventually, if you look at his story, he drifted away from that aspect.

And also a ton of “claims” weren’t claims. They were alluded to, and then people assigned their own narrative to it. Which is mark of a pro scammer.

Say stuff without saying stuff, and then let the victim/s create their own narrative.

Reactions: stefan73 and JB.IC
This was a little convo I had with him when COVID shut down international travel. This was when I realized he was lying to everyone about what he wanted people to think.

View attachment 7791845

Shit.

See, he stayed away from that around me. Mentioning damneck and such, I would have had same reaction you did.

Pretty wild 3 years.

Reactions: JB.IC
Where were you a few years ago lol

And by the way, he wasn’t that smart either

Good at lying for sure..numbers let’s not jump the shark lol
Man I can’t voice my opinion in this place without 900 people shoving their di*ks down my throat. I fight the urge to even post on here anymore. But I still come back.

Welcome to the club.

We shall call it the chipmunks.
It’s all good. Sometimes I deserve it lol. Sometimes I don’t feel like making a list of 9,000 caveats just to make a narrowly focused point. Too many Captain obvious to weed through. This place definitely makes you choose your words wisely lol

• Haha
Reactions: Milf Dots
Here’s what I see from all of this:

A well “known” member of this site started up a new firearms business that could potentially set the entire industry on a new level.

A lot of people on this forum stepped up to help out in hopes that this new adventure would be a success. I have never seen that level of support on any other forum I’ve been involved in. A true testament to many members here.

Another thing…

Isn’t it amazing how much energy and effort a con man will put into the gig? It seems to me it would be a lot less stressful to just go get a job. I guess they get off in the game more than I….

It’s all good. Sometimes I deserve it lol. Sometimes I don’t feel like making a list of 9,000 caveats just to make a narrowly focused point. Too many Captain obvious to weed through. This place definitely makes you choose your words wisely lol

I made this meme long ago.

Attachments

• 63152F33-1F06-4E91-B292-7952855BAD57.jpeg
    63152F33-1F06-4E91-B292-7952855BAD57.jpeg
    123.5 KB · Views: 457
Does anyone have an cliff notes of his life. I’m actually curious about all the cons he pulled off.

I remember he always talked about working on the CheyTac project before it was a cartridge.

Reactions: stefan73
Does anyone have an cliff notes of his life. I’m actually curious about all the cons he pulled off.

I remember he always talked about working on the CheyTac project before it was a cartridge.

PM me a number to text.

I’d call, but I’ve talked to 8,793 people today already.

I will divulge a truthful history when the time is right

When you think of his “life experiences”

“Just because you go to the mailbox to get your mail, doesn’t mean you work for the post office”

He was born a pos.

Developed into a liar.

Mastered his craft.

Anything he has said about being a firearms industry expert is a lie.

There are some well standing members that can tell you a lot about him, if they do choose to.

No, this is not his first confidence gig.

Here’s what I see from all of this:

A well “known” member of this site started up a new firearms business that could potentially set the entire industry on a new level.

A lot of people on this forum stepped up to help out in hopes that this new adventure would be a success. I have never seen that level of support on any other forum I’ve been involved in. A true testament to many members here.

Another thing…

Isn’t it amazing how much energy and effort a con man will put into the gig? It seems to me it would be a lot less stressful to just go get a job. I guess they get off in the game more than I….
It seems like he had lived this con long enough that he just about could have kept living the lie and done halfway well.

Reactions: Lapuapalooza
It seems like he had lived this con long enough that he just about could have kept living the lie and done halfway well.

That’s what confuses me about the whole situation.

There was enough to go around if he would have pushed to the finish line

But like a addict, he saw the easy way out and now it’s biting him in the ass

I was willing to not take profits and reinvest to grow the company…that’s what you do in a start up

Instead he chose the get rich quick route…bad idea

I am relatively new to the hide compared to others and have enjoyed the knowledge, training and what is at times, entertainment. The middle school mean girls club of cliques who pile on, feed off one another in a need for validation. “Besties” and “BFFs”. I chuckled at it then and chuckle at it now. The world will always have them. Cool.

I appreciate the many others who contribute positively and share fair, objective points of view while accepting the same and at times, standing up to worse. That, I can respect and will stick around for.

Reactions: LoCal247
Never say never, there are other irons in the fire as we speak.

Yeah, I've had my sights set on one of the test mules.
Brian, what's the depreciation rate on them?
Could I afford it by next year?

Seriously though, I got to shoot two of these rifles and, if they were within my poors budget, I'd have one for sure.

Yeah, I've had my sights set on one of the test mules.
Brian, what's the depreciation rate on them?
Could I afford it by next year?

Seriously though, I got to shoot two of these rifles and, if they were within my poors budget, I'd have one for sure.
depending on the stress level added by posts that are less than helpful, a arrangement can be had.

so far you are in the green...

as you know there are other event on the horizon as well

More than anything, sociopaths like it live for the brain chemical dump it gets from the grift. Conventional success offers no appeal.

Brian is to be commended for making people whole despite his personal losses, and Dave for not abandoning ship (sorry if I missed anything).

Last edited:
Yes. LexisNexis has services, such as Accurint, that gives access to databases of information about people (addresses, phone numbers, relatives, assets, criminal history, etc.). I use it all the time for work. But not just anyone can get an account. You have to fall into certain categories of people/businesses, and there is an application/vetting process.

Reactions: Eostech
unbelievable stuff! I've followed this thread from the start and did not see it coming.
Asked for a quote for a Aspis rifle in 338NM for export to Australia, never followed through as the Hurricane hit around then.

Shit I feel for you guy's, the times we live in...I'm losing the ability to trust anyone and anything.
Trust is still out there, I blame myself for not doing my due diligence.

This all could have been averted…but then I couldn’t rid the industry of this parasite

Status
Not open for further replies.