• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Hornady 338 LM Match 285 gr BTHP powder question

Hootiewho

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
May 12, 2006
SC
I have a couple boxes of the Hornady 338 LM Match 285 gr BTHP part #82306. I am looking to clone this ammo, as I already have chrono data and dope for the boxed stuff. It runs on average of 2750 fps out of my 27" AX. I pulled a couple and weighted the charge at 92.5 grains. The powder inside looks identical to Retumbo. I measured the diameter and length of several dozen sticks of this powder and it is identical to Retumbo. I have a good feeling this is Retumbo, but I am curious if any of you know for certain if the powder Hornady uses is what I suspect? I measured it against H1000 and the sticks are not close at all to H1000.

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Not sure of what Hornady uses?

I use Reloader 33 96.6gn. with 285 amax(2700fps)loaded to mag length. I use H1000 90.5gn (2800fps)with the 300 berger otm, loaded long(single loading), a little hot. I live at 6400' above sea level.