• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hornady 4DoF Group Analysis Bug

JayjayUK

Instagram/YouTube: @JCPrecisionRifle
Minuteman
Oct 16, 2022
Essex, England
Evening all,

Is anyone else having an issue with Hornady 4DoF Group Analysis at the moment?

I've updated my zero and i'm trying to load the picture to calculate the Zero Angle, i pick the picture, set the rotation and press the tick and then it crashes. Doesn't matter if i do this in the Group Analysis part of the Find Zero Angle part.

Any fixes known?

Cheers,

Jamie

Evening all,

Is anyone else having an issue with Hornady 4DoF Group Analysis at the moment?

I've updated my zero and i'm trying to load the picture to calculate the Zero Angle, i pick the picture, set the rotation and press the tick and then it crashes. Doesn't matter if i do this in the Group Analysis part of the Find Zero Angle part.

Any fixes known?

Cheers,

Jamie
Double check that all permissions for the app are granted. If you haven't used an app recently permissions can be disabled for security reasons.

Reactions: JayjayUK
When I looked at the app permissions and saw that all were denied.. I thought you were a genius... but then it still didn't work with all allowed 😄

• Haha
Reactions: 6.5SH
Reboot the phone a few times. If no joy, use the support email for the app and let them know your phone model and OS and the steps to reproduce it.

So ive found a work around. It only seems to not work when loading a picture that's already on your phone.. do I just emailed it to myself, loaded it on my computer and then took a fresh photo inside the app.

But that's not ideal

I have not had a problem with it. The only thing is that you cannot delete an analysis. I contacted Hornady and they are working on it. For example, I had one labeled as a test that I don't want to keep. Can't get rid of it.

I have not had a problem with it. The only thing is that you cannot delete an analysis. I contacted Hornady and they are working on it. For example, I had one labeled as a test that I don't want to keep. Can't get rid of it.
Odd.. I can delete mine okay

Ah that's a shame I'd of answered if it was for a friend.

I just got into the group analysis part, hit the 3 Dots next to the picture and delete.
I know what happened. When it first came out, the delete function was not there and I emailed Hornady tech support and they said they were working on that. Looks like they accomplished. Awesome.

I have a number of ballistic apps from the 30 dollar Applied Ballistics to the 12 dollar Strelok Pro to the free Hornady app. And Hornady holds up well against these other calculators.