• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Hornady app/website data don't match?

JelliedEagle

Private
Minuteman
Dec 1, 2020
Santa Cruz, CA
I'm looking at load data for 44 Special, starting load on hornady website for 240gr is 4.9gr (Universal) with 5.6gr max. But the hornady app for the same data has the starting load at 5.3gr with a 6.1gr max..

Which should i trust more, or is it somewhat irrelevant given how clost the charges are? seems more of an issue for max loads.

Also the app has different data listed for 240gr bullets and 240gr lead bullets.. I know theres a difference between jacketed and lead bullets but wondering why the difference can be so different if the grain weight is the same? assuming it has to do with bullet length/build which affects pressure

I'm looking at load data for 44 Special, starting load on hornady website for 240gr is 4.9gr (Universal) with 5.6gr max. But the hornady app for the same data has the starting load at 5.3gr with a 6.1gr max..

Which should i trust more, or is it somewhat irrelevant given how clost the charges are? seems more of an issue for max loads.

Also the app has different data listed for 240gr bullets and 240gr lead bullets.. I know theres a difference between jacketed and lead bullets but wondering why the difference can be so different if the grain weight is the same? assuming it has to do with bullet length/build which affects pressure

case volume difference perhaps or coal