• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hornady OAL gauge - Need a couple of cases threaded... Anyone do this here?

Boogaloo

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 1, 2012
Los Angeles Kalifornia
Had a member offer to do this for me several months back and then he just disappeared off the face of the hide..Never did get the cases from him. Anyway, I need a .223 case and a 6 Comp Match case drilled and tapped for the Hornady OAL gauge. Anyone have the tap and willing to hook up a fellow shooter?

I can send the once fired cases and pay whatever nominal fee you feel like charging...

Thanks.

Why not buy the cases? They make em. Am I missing something? I think less than 10 bucks

I'm pretty sure Hornady will do that for you. You send them the case and a few bucks. Pretty sure it said something about that in the packaging that came with my gauge.

I'd like a link to where you see a case ready to purchase from Hornady in 6CM ? for the life of me I can't seem to dig one up.

To everyone else, thanks for the tips!

Call John Harris at 928 710 4246, he has done a ton of them for me and I don't even buy the cases anymore. I just use cases with loose primer pockets and send them to him.

I'd like a link to where you see a case ready to purchase from Hornady in 6CM ? for the life of me I can't seem to dig one up.

To everyone else, thanks for the tips!

I dont know enough about the 6 mm creedmoor to know what it is necked down from but why cant you buy the Hornady Modified Case that the caliber is necksized down from (308? 6.5?) and Neck it down??? If i knew the "parent" case, i am sure i could send you links with a quick google search.

Hornady will modify any case you for a very modest fee. Necking down a larger modified case won't work because the neck needs to be just loose enough to have the bullet slide easily. Hornady takes care of the proper neck sizing as well.

Josh @ Copper Creek will take care of you. He got mine back to me in just a few days and the fee he charges is hard to beat!

You will get more accurate reading with brass chambered, fireformed and sized with ones own equipment, instead of buying the finished cases, that is one good reason to do it for those asking.

All you need is a tap ,a drill bit, a drill press and something to hold the brass it is a really simple operation.

Tap : 5/16 x 36

Drill bit: 7/32. Alternatively 7.2 mm or K.

Last edited:
You can send Hornady fired cases from your rifle and they will do it for you. This is your best option as it has been fire-formed to your chamber.