• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hornady one shot case lube.

Jscb1b

Dumbass.
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 22, 2018
Arizona
After sizing, do you tumble or wipe your brass? Or not worry about it? And when you're done tumbling, how do you make sure to get all the media out?

I tumbled off. There’s never any media inside them when she dumped the case out, maybe in the flash hole. Just punch it out with something

I dry tumble in walnut media and just punch out anything in the flash hole with a pick

I’d have to go to the shop and look honestly. Give me a few and I’ll see if I can get out there and find the bag/box

With one shot I just throw the brass on a towel after I size it- then when I get about 20 on the towel I do a quick roll them around and call it good. It must be enough... they aren't tacky and don't collect dirt. I use to tumble them but it made no noticeable difference.

Reactions: Average guy
The water where I'm at would eat the asshole out of an elephant.
Well water here and it's a 35 micron pre filter then a 5 micron, and I change them every month or so. Every well around is good except mine. At least it isn't sulphur "fart water"

• Haha
Reactions: MNtadpole
I wet tumble after sizing, though I've been using Dillon Case Lube someone gave me and it works stupid well. Dawn and Lemi Shine. Stainless steel media.

Reactions: Simonsza1
I use corn media. The finer the grit, the more surface area and the longer it will take the media to get covered with grit and lube to the point it wont clean brass.

If you leave the lube on it can feel just the slightest bit sticky. I hear that in dusty western conditions it can attract dirt to the case and then gum up the chamber after a while. Here in Ohio I don't bother cleaning it off and haven't had a problem.

Who knows, maybe the neglected lube left in the neck will keep me from getting so called "cold weld" if If I leave my loaded ammo sit to long. Really, I am just dodging a step in an already long and laborious process but I can tell myself that to feel justified.

Reactions: AKMarty
From Dillon -> “The case lube must be removed from ammunition before firing it. Failure to do so prevents the cases from momentarily adhering to the chamber walls during firing, increasing the breechface thrust pressure to beyond safe levels. While this is typically not enough to cause the firearm to fail catastrophically, it will cause excessive headspace to develop.”

Nope when using one shot. Stainless wet tumble if using Dillon lube.

I shoot dirty and wait until brass needs trimmed and wipe them down with mineral spirits soaked a little with a square of an old black crew sock. Usually with Lee Chuck and a drill.

After I size, throw all the brass on a towel, spray with acetone, use towel to dry off

start priming, powder charge, and seat bullets

away from the reloading bench and onto the shooting bench sooner