• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Hornady TAP 168gr AMAX load

finnwerke757

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2008
virginia
Does anyone have any idea what this factory load may consist of? I just shot a 3shot group this evening out of my Tikka T3 Tactical at 200 yds that is a lil ole cloverleaf. But yet I shot Hornady's 168 AMAX Match load and it didnt shoot as well, the only outward difference is the damned casing. brass versus nickel plated.

Re: Hornady TAP 168gr AMAX load

I had the same experience. Im using the TAP brass (which is REALLY NICE, lasts 10+ reloads, doesnt flake) 43g imr4895 CCI primer and a 168 AMAX. I seat .015 out from the lands and it shoots wicked.

I forget the numbers but if you call hornady, they will tell your the IMR4895 and varget equivilent loads. someone here did it