• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hornady Vibratory Powder Trickler

Afkirby

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 21, 2009
Mechanicsville, MD
Has anyone used one? For $40 it seems like a decent alternative to the dandy trickler, as long as it works. I’ve got one that should be coming in on Monday so I’ll have a review if anyone is interested.

That’s what I’m thinking. I picked up a fx-120i scale on rebate, was thinking about getting an autotrickler, but I use a Dillon for most of my loading so I figure I can do load development with this and crank out volume with the Dillon.

So far so good, takes a little bit of playing around with the tube length and speed to get it right. I’m dropping to the nearest .02 pretty quick.

Attachments

• 03EEF2D8-3CF2-4432-A7E9-0256560F34F0.jpeg
    03EEF2D8-3CF2-4432-A7E9-0256560F34F0.jpeg
    440.8 KB · Views: 146

Quick vid of it in action.

Why not skip the dillon powder measure, replace it with a funnel and get the auto throw and trickler? I would say that the auto throw/trickler is easily 5x faster than that hornady tricker you show in the video. You have the scale already which is half the battle

But now that I think of it the auto throw doesnt work real well with small ball pwders so maybe not for H380 in your situation. The trickler runs it fine, just not the throw.

For $40, that seems like a decent enough little gizmo for small batches or pressure ladders. The other day I spent nearly an hour loading up 10 rounds by trickling the bulk of the load by hand, then using a manual (Frankford Arsenal) trickler to get down to the .02 gr (the best that my GemPro 250 will do).

Reactions: Afkirby
Why not skip the dillon powder measure, replace it with a funnel and get the auto throw and trickler? I would say that the auto throw/trickler is easily 5x faster than that hornady tricker you show in the video. You have the scale already which is half the battle

But now that I think of it the auto throw doesnt work real well with small ball pwders so maybe not for H380 in your situation. The trickler runs it fine, just not the throw.

The throw and trickler combo seems a little Rube Goldberg-ey to me, another $500 on top of the $350 I paid for the scale. The Dillon throws consistently enough for most of the shooting I’m doing and if I’m trying to crank out some über precise rounds I’ll trickle each one.

Reactions: spife7980
Amazon is selling these things for $20.

Edit: Amazon Prime for the win. It'll be here on Thursday or Friday :) #capitalism

Last edited:
Reactions: Juggerxxx
I just received mine from amazon today and a easy $3 mod is to buy a brass 11/32nd pipe from ACE hardware and swap out the crap plastic one. Makes it flow a lot better.

Attachments

• 7915CF2A-B536-490C-994D-8DDD465FF2C8.jpeg
    7915CF2A-B536-490C-994D-8DDD465FF2C8.jpeg
    429.3 KB · Views: 108
UPDATE. Loaded a bunch with this lil' bastard. The 2 AAA batteries are good for about 110 or so charge throws. I was using nothing but this magical machine to trickle the entire charge for my 6.5 Creed load development.

This is one of those things where I say "I really didn't know what I was missing before I got this thing" like a paid infomercial actor LOL. It's a really good piece of gear for $20 on Amazon.

Reactions: Chaseerickson12