• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hornady Zombie Max ammo

G

Ok hornady, zombie max, really? What is the point of this?

Re: Hornady Zombie Max ammo

I love zombies!
wink.gif

Don't be hating.
They are: "Loaded with PROVEN Z-Max™ bullets... yes PROVEN Z-Max™ bullets" (Hornady.com)
They must have been tested and proofed on Zombies. HAHAHAHA

obviously, you have never faced a real Zombie in a life or death (pun) situation.

Official member of the Zombie Defense Task Force (ZDTF).
When it absoultely, positively has to be killed; AGAIN.

On a serious note, I think it's a great gag gift for all of the shooters on my holiday shopping list. I'll be buying a couple boxes:)

I went to Gander Mountain, Scheels, Dick's Sporting Good and Precision Works. None of them can keep it in stock.

I was finally able to order a box of the .308 from MidwayUSA last week. Took these photos last night... the back of the box is hilarious. I think it's genius. And judging from the fact that the stuff is selling out as fast as retailers can get it in... Hornady is laughing all the way to the bank.

Jumping on the zombie bandwagon was the smartest marketing ploy ever.

5bb52f60.jpg

4ca5ee18.jpg

have to get me some and put it on the wall in a glass case with a sine saying in case of a emergency break glass lol

Does anyone know how these shoot?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: justwoody1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anyone know how these shoot? </div></div>

I believe it's just re-branded Hornady A-Max ammo...unique box, and green polymer tips on the bullets instead of red. I'm definitely going to order some .223 & .308 - just because I think it's cool as shit!

AvsFan
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AvsFan</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: justwoody1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anyone know how these shoot? </div></div>

I believe it's just re-branded Hornady A-Max ammo...unique box, and green polymer tips on the bullets instead of red. I'm definitely going to order some .223 & .308 - just because I think it's cool as shit!

AvsFan
grin.gif
</div></div>

Depending on the caliber, I've heard variations on A-Max, V-Max, Lever-Revolution, or Critical Defense.

Has anybody bought any of the z-max pistol ammo? Definitely a great marketing pitch.

Everyone is quick to knock them for making the stuff. My guess is they're just jealous they didn't think of such a great marketing ploy first!

+1 to Hornady

Academy sports had some in knoxville, tn. At $30 it was Overpriced for what's essentially Amax that I can get for much cheaper. However that didn't stop me from buying a couple boxes...damnit. Great marketing ploy, got me.

+1, Midway had some and I just couldn't resist..

I bought a box of the 223's from my gun shop for $17.29. I have not shot it yet but all the specs say it's the same as the normal Varmint Express 55 gr V-MAX which is very accurate stuff.

It's a new kind of fades ! Every one need's "Hornady Zombie Max" or you are not cool !....LOL

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bQWb-5nblx4"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bQWb-5nblx4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Im pretty sure the tips glow in the dark as well, I have a box in x39. Ive spent money on worst things.

I bought and shot a few boxes. They shoot well but smell bad. Must be the special zombie poison coating they slap on them. Good marketing though. Next up are the
Silver Tipped Werewolf Whackers ™ .

Cabelas was out of amax but they had zmax! I reckon thars a fair substitute.

I have shot the 308 168 zmax (got them for a great deal from another hide member) and they were very accurate in my rifles.
Just as accurate as their Amax loaded ammo. Don't think I would pay extra, but it they are a good price I would buy more.