• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hornadys new ELD VT

Why start off on a mediocre foot with a hamstrung cartridge when you can introduce a better version in your new cartridge? Odds are they tried it and due to the COAL limitations the results weren’t much better than the current .223 offerings so they shelved it and introduce the 62gr instead for a much better initial offering.

I personally am looking forward to hammering these out of an 18” .22-250 and an 18” 6.5 Creedmoor.
Have you shot any of these from an 18” 22-250? I’ll be ordering an 8 twist barrel for my 250, but undecided to go 20” or 18”. We can’t run supressors in Canada, but I’ll probably put a brake on it tho just cuz. I’m thinking it’ll be a flame thrower if I go any less than 20”.

Have you shot any of these from an 18” 22-250? I’ll be ordering an 8 twist barrel for my 250, but undecided to go 20” or 18”. We can’t run supressors in Canada, but I’ll probably put a brake on it tho just cuz. I’m thinking it’ll be a flame thrower if I go any less than 20”.

I have not yet, haven’t been looking real hard and when I do they are out of stock so I haven’t picked up any yet. I haven’t shot ours without the suppressor yet but since it’s loud with the short suppressors I’m sure it will be quite loud without one.

Made a video on the 174 ELD-VT .30 cal, haven't shot them yet buts its very useful info.

So how did you set that OAL for the dummy round? Just random or did you check your OAL to lands and seat off of that?

1000001778.jpg

22-250 32 grns Varget Rem 9 1/2 PPU brass. Tikka T3X lite, Tikka vertical grip, Mountain Tactical bottom metal.

Reactions: ConnaB99
2.003" cartridge base to ogive about 2.620 overall length. I'm using a Primary Arms 1-6X lpvo on that rig. It is my work rifle and spends most of it's life on the handle bars of a four wheeler or a pick up seat.

Reactions: ConnaB99
"Too few samples", yes exactly. I was trying different powders, I have a larger sample size (20 rds) to try with Varget for the next range trip. All are loaded the same as above. I'm hoping the next 20 stay under 1 moa. That would work for my needs. I don’t believe in "flyers" with jacketed bullets.

Just in case this is helpful to someone wondering what powders to try and ball park where to start in the 22Creedmoor… I have already tried N550 and it’s running 3300 from my 20 inch.
I know it’s not exact bullet but at least it’s pressure tested and better than someone’s load off the internet
IMG_0099.jpeg
IMG_0099.jpeg

Last edited: