• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Horrible Accident at PGH Zoo.

jeo556

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 3, 2009
Pittsburgh Pennsylvania
If you haven't heard, yesterday a two year old boy fell in the African Painted Dog exhibit and was mauled to death by the dogs. This horrible accident got me thinking and I was wondering what some of you thought.

I've taken my young son to the PGH zoo a few times now and never do so without my CCW. So the situation begs the question.......You're present when something like this happens. I'm guessing that most of us would use our CCW to hopefully fend off the dogs, killing them if need be. But what is the fallout afterwards? When discussing this with my wife she was making the point the although I "should" help, would I be putting myself in serious legal trouble and possibly putting my own family's wellbeing in jeopardy. My response was that "what's right is right" and if it took my going to jail to save a child's life then so be it.

Do you think that if you did use a weapon to defend a child there would be any fallout? PArticularly if the animals were killed.

Second question.....Appearantely these dogs are about 40-80lbs. each and hunt in packs. So you're present when somethink like this happens and you don't have a gun. Do you think if you got a handful of men together to go in you could fend off the dogs without anyone dying? I'm betting that some damage is going to occur but I'm thinking that the presence of multiple men might offset the pack mentality of the dogs and possibly prevent them from attacking. Thoughts? Would you jump in?

Again, just thinking out loud and wondered what others thought.

Link to Article

Re: Horrible Accident at PGH Zoo.

Sad story. I don't know about a 'group' of others, but if it were my kid, I'd be there in there with him without discussion, let others do as their conscience tells me to.

If I saw someone else's kid, I'd be in there with him - I hope. Truthfully, I've never had to risk my life like that so I don't know, I guess those are moments when you find out who you are as opposed to who you think you are.

If I had a CCW then yes, I'd be opening fire into the dogs ASAP. If there's a lawyer in the crowd, I'd save the last bullet for him... j/k.

I agree, my kid no question. Worst case scenario he doesn't die alone and knows that I'd give my life for him. Better yet you get the child out and then meet your maker. From what I'm reading a pack of 8 can kill a lion so if you had to fight more than one you're done, even one on one is going be messy. But enter that cage with two mags full of 230 Federal HST +P's and I think I may have a fighting chance. Someone else's kid. Just like you said, I'm not sure. If some other's were willing to jump in as well, maybe. But you'd have to be there to know for sure.

As a side note a co-worker/friend went to the PGH zoo about two weeks ago and called me to see if firearms were allowed. I replied, "who gives a f*&^!". And added that there aren't any metal detectors if that is what he was asking. Worst they can do is ask you to leave if someone finds out about it. kinds like IKEA's no fireamrs allowed policy. I just laugh as I walk through the door.

Two thoughts:

1) I have a two-year-old boy; he can wiggle himself out of damn near any hold. Don't dangle your kids over the exhibit where they have an opportunity to fall in. Follow this rule, and the result of the conversation becomes unnecessary.

2) While the pragmatic side of my says "don't jump in after the kid and create another victim that requires rescue", the emotional side really struggles with the lack of response by nearby adults. As EH states above, there would be no question whatsoever if it were my own kid; if it was the child of someone else, I still hope that I'd be brave enough to formulate a response.

3) The use of deadly force would certainly bring about some legal fall-out. Even if one was not found to be guilty of any crime, there would be the possibility of significant legal bills. I'd also worry about a civil suit. But saving the life of a child is far more important. In any case, if one is willing to take the life of a human in self-defense, then I think any other issue is a bit trivial in comparison.

Story makes me sick to read sine I have a 2 year old. All I can say is all the damn politics is out the window when a child falls in. Id kill every one of those dogs to keep them off a child and sit in jail with the biggest smile ever knowing I saved a child.

But.. WTF was the mother thinking placing the child on the wooden overlook. She must have been high or something to think tht was safe. Throw her ass in there.

My wife and I take our little one to the PGH zoo at least once every summer (and often with other friends who have small children...ages 5 and under). Had it been me, no question that the use of lethal force against a zoo animal (or animals) would have been employed if it meant saving (or at least having the chance to save) an innocent child's life.

As for repercussions/fallout...do you mean the fallout from dealing with yourself forever thereafter having sat idly by and done nothing or the fallout from doing what you felt necessary and right under the circumstances and paying the piper later regardless of what the price might be?
wink.gif
Seriously, while imprisonment or bankruptcy from a civil suit doesn't sound pleasant to me...living with myself for doing nothing to help a child in need sounds a hell of a lot worse. I also don't find it likely that any reasonable jury (I know...contradiction in terms especially in PIT
wink.gif
), especially any jury comprised of even one responsible parent, would convict on criminal charges or award civil penalties against someone for wading in and doing all possible to save a child.

And while we are shooting animals...at least one bullet should remain in the mag for the dumb @#$% of a mother to that child for putting him in a position to fall in. On second thought...maybe not shooting her and having her live the rest of her life with that guilt is far more appropriate punishment than a quick end!!
mad.gif

My wife and I read this and were just in awe that no one even tried to help. We have three small kids and had that been me or my wife we would of been over that fence instantly doing our best to save our kid. I also think I would not of just stood there and watched a defenseless child get eaten by dogs, WTF is wrong with people?

I would not think twice about opening fire. That said, what kind of parents are these people? How do you allow that to happen? I like the Alaskan way of "If it happens to you, it is your fault."

Terrible story. No doubt using lethal force to defend child would be in order. Too hard to live with yourself if you did not try.

Ummmm if my child fell into an exhibit with dangerous wild animals. I would be in there with him and I have enough on me to reload.... twice. I would shoot every thing that came near us to protect my childs life.

The fact that your wife even hesitated over the answer is sad. She is more worried about "legal trouble"?! What about said legal trouble in which you sue the zoo for not having proper barriers put up to keep kids from falling in?!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ORD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As for repercussions/fallout...do you mean the fallout from dealing with yourself forever thereafter having sat idly by and done nothing or the fallout from doing what you felt necessary and right under the circumstances and paying the piper later regardless of what the price might be?
wink.gif
Seriously, while imprisonment or bankruptcy from a civil suit doesn't sound pleasant to me...living with myself for doing nothing to help a child in need sounds a hell of a lot worse. I also don't find it likely that any reasonable jury (I know...contradiction in terms especially in PIT
wink.gif
), especially any jury comprised of even one responsible parent, would convict on criminal charges or award civil penalties against someone for wading in and doing all possible to save a child.

</div></div>

I was referring to the legal fallout, but now that you mention it the emotional toll that would come from not acting would be much worse.

It's really a sad state of affairs that these questions even need to be asked. 50 years ago you would have been a hero.

Although I agree with the ideas that the lady made a poor choice by picking her child up like that I think that we shouldn't rush to judgement of her. The PGH zoo is usually just that, a zoo, and I could see her picking up the child to get a look amoungst the the chaos of a herd of screaming kids and not really thinking it through. Next thing she knows her life is horribly changed forever. Unfortunately she's already recieved the worst punishment that I can dream of from a seemingly innocent mistake, we should just leave it at that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338}</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

The fact that your wife even hesitated over the answer is sad.

</div></div>

I was disappointed myself. Just to clarify though, she was talking about me going in after another's child. Her rationing was how would she provide for our two year old as well as the baby we're expecting in Jan if I were in jail. I told her that god would take care of us.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jeo556</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338}</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

The fact that your wife even hesitated over the answer is sad.

</div></div>

I was disappointed myself. Just to clarify though, she was talking about me going in after another's child. Her rationing was how would she provide for our two year old as well as the baby we're expecting in Jan if I were in jail. I told her that god would take care of us. </div></div>

I dont care who's child it is. Im going in after it. NO ONE deserves to leave this world like that if it can be stopped. I dont see how they zoo could come after you, what would you even be jailed for? I dont think they would have a case, you would...... you could sue the shit out of them.

Well that was actually part of the original post. Do you think that there would be fallout? Not that there would be. Just food for thought in these loony times.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jeo556</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> But what is the fallout afterwards? When discussing this with my wife she was making the point the although I "should" help, would I be putting myself in serious legal trouble</div></div>

Who cares about the potential fallout. If it was my kid in there I would do anything including giving my own life to defend him. There's no way I'd let the possibility of fallout sway my decision to defend my child or any other child. It's a no brainier.

If I were on a jury deciding the fate of a person who saved a kid from getting killed, I'd never vote to convict him, I'd be voting to give him a medal I don't care how many 'rare/exotic/endangered/etc' critters were killed in the process...

couldhave/wouldhave/shouldhave....
A little common sense would have prevented this entire news story from ever happening.
The dumb ass should have never put her child up on the rail to begin with. People forget that just because an animal is in a zoo doesn't mean that they are watching a Disney flick.
These are wild freekin animals.
Sorry to get on a soapbox but stories like this just piss me the hell off.
It's kind of like sticking a knife in the light socket & afterward, wondering why your ass got electrocuted.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ummmm if my child fell into an exhibit with dangerous wild animals. I would be in there with him and I have enough on me to reload.... twice.</div></div>

I know which 'Hide member I would invite to visit the zoo with me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I dont care who's child it is. Im going in after it. NO ONE deserves to leave this world like that if it can be stopped. I dont see how they zoo could come after you, what would you even be jailed for? I dont think they would have a case, you would...... you could sue the shit out of them. </div></div>

Exactly. Unfortunately the only person worried right now about civil injury is the Zoo because you know the family is going to bring suit and blame them for their negligent actions. What's it say about society as a whole that they'll let a 2 year old get eaten alive by a pack of dogs before risking injury or legal action.... Sad...

On the only comical comment I'll make did anyone else notice... <span style="font-style: italic">"recounted Angela Cinti, <span style="font-weight: bold">20</span>, of Bethel Park, who was visiting the zoo today with her <span style="font-weight: bold">boyfriend</span> Nick Kramer, <span style="font-weight: bold">16</span>, of Bethel Park."</span>

I was listening to two women talking about his event Sunday. First lady says they should close all zoo's and then second ladies shocked reply was in a flat voice to replying to the effect someone should have thrown the mother over the fence. They both had kids with them. This will have to be fleshed out in the media till the truth comes out. Some years ago three drunk boys threw rocks and bottles at a tiger in a zoo and when it jumped a 14' fence and killed one of the drunk under age drinkers it was the zoo's fault.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If I had a CCW then yes, I'd be opening fire into the dogs ASAP. If there's a lawyer in the crowd, I'd save the last bullet for him... j/k. </div></div>Brilliant: Thus denying yourself both a credible witness and a defense.
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If I had a CCW then yes, I'd be opening fire into the dogs ASAP. If there's a lawyer in the crowd, I'd save the last bullet for him... j/k. </div></div>Brilliant: Thus denying yourself both a credible witness and a defense.
laugh.gif
</div></div>

you forgot the murder charge...

You don't get murder for laying a beat down on some mangy colored dogs.

I dont know why people jump on the thred and start chest pounding. I woulda done this, I woulda done that.
Ida been over that wall and made 15 doggie sweaters and had liver for dinner.
The truth is you dont know what you would have done based on the circumstances and resources available.

One thing that I am sure of is: there is one heart broken mother that will need years to heal from this tragedy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You don't get murder for laying a beat down on some mangy colored dogs. </div></div>

are we still talking about the lawyer..?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ringbearer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I dont know why people jump on the thred and start chest pounding. I woulda done this, I woulda done that.
The truth is you dont know what you would have done based on the circumstances and resources available.
<span style="color: #FF0000">
Considering every single one of your posts is in the Team Room, are you the pot or the kettle? We're all disturbed by the lack of appropriate reaction in defense of a helpless child while you make stupid comments like the following...
</span>
For me: Ida just said sit cause we all know that in particular, the african painted wild dog responds best to direct commands.
<span style="color: #FF0000">
Trying to see any remote humor here... yeah no. </span>

One thing that I am sure of is: there is one heart broken mother that will need years to heal from this tragedy.

<span style="color: #FF0000">Screw her healing. If anything she should be in jail for involuntary manslaughter due to her gross negligence.</span>
</div></div>

First of all just so you are clear, I can post anywhere that I wish to. It bothers me none if you like it or not.

Second, I am sure that the mother did not kill her child on purpose

I can only imagine th ehoror she felt and the guilt she feels today.

Yes I did make an attempt a houmor.

Lastly, If you are so compelled to crucify this woman for poor judgement by all means go do it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ringbearer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes I did make an attempt a houmor.</div></div>

I'm not the only one not getting the funny here. Toddlers don't deserve to get Darwined by their parents.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If I had a CCW then yes, I'd be opening fire into the dogs ASAP. If there's a lawyer in the crowd, I'd save the last bullet for him... j/k. </div></div>Brilliant: Thus denying yourself both a credible witness and a defense.
laugh.gif
</div></div>you forgot the murder charge... </div></div>I was afraid that you would try to call it self-defense.
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ringbearer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">First of all just so you are clear, I can post anywhere that I wish to. It bothers me none if you like it or not.

Second, I am sure that the mother did not kill her child on purpose

I can only imagine th ehoror she felt and the guilt she feels today.

Yes I did make an attempt a houmor.

Lastly, If you are so compelled to crucify this woman for poor judgement by all means go do it.

</div></div>

First of I never said anything as to how and where you can post but in fact implied you're a hypocrite. Second, look up "involuntary manslaughter". Third, your attempt was poor. Lastly, I never crucified her, but I did however judge her for her factual actions which resulted in the needless death of her child.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer_G</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ringbearer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes I did make an attempt a houmor.</div></div>

I'm not the only one not getting the funny here. Toddlers don't deserve to get Darwined by their parents. </div></div>

removed

I don't have kids but if it were my kid I would do whatever it took to ensure safety. Now whether I would for someone elses kid, I honestly don't know that I would.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ringbearer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I dont know why people jump on the thred and start chest pounding. I woulda done this, I woulda done that.

One thing that I am sure of is: there is one heart broken mother that will need years to heal from this tragedy. </div></div>

Do you have kids?
Have you ever lost a child? Do YOU know how long it takes to recover from that? Because I am more then sure the answer is, never.

Chest beating? Haha.... if you have kids you know right where I am coming from.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steelman303</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
The dumb ass should have never put her child up on the rail to begin with. People forget that just because an animal is in a zoo doesn't mean that they are watching a Disney flick.
These are wild freekin animals. </div></div>

THIS^^^ is absolutely true. Want to hear good stories, talk to the park management at places like Yellowstone and listen to how tourist complain that the bears won't let them get close enough and stupid stuff like that....some people are truly idiots and think the only harm that Yogi will inflict on them is stealing their pic-a-nic basket. Too much TV, not enough real world experiences.

As for legal fallout, doubtful. It would be a PR nightmare for a zoo or DA to try and press charges for someone jumping in and defending their kid or someone else's from a pack of wild dogs. If it were my kid I wouldn't hesitate for a second to jump in a cage and gun down a wild dog, lion, unicorn or whatever else intended to do them harm. I'd shoot the leprechaun riding that unicorn too if it was necessary.

I can say if it was my child I would be in the pit with the dogs and hoping some of you guys or guys like you were there to follow me in.

About two months ago two boys(10-12 yrs old) were skateboarding down the street while I waited outside a convenience store for my son. I was watching the boys and one was trailing about 10 yards behind the other heading to the same store. Out of the alley about half a block behind the boy in the rear came a pit bull in a full out charge. Even being 40 yards or so from the dog I could tell he wasn't running to happily greet the boy.

As soon as I saw the dog I go out of my truck and proceeded to run toward the boys, the front boy didn't know what was going on and Im pretty sure I scared the crap outa him (pistol was still concealed). By this time the boy in the rear had heard the dog and stopped skateboarding and froze. I can only assume what happened next was the dog owner called the dog because as soon as the boy stopped the dog stopped and turned around and ran back to the alley he came from. By then I was about 10 yards from the boy and 20 or so from the dog and my pistol was in my hand.

The boy was shaking scared and I told him everything was ok. He said he knew that dog was going to attack him and thanked me for scaring it away.

Not sure that I scared it away but I let him think that. So that's my answer to the rest of the question. Yes I would help and screw the consequences!

I think if you shot the dogs you would be covered by the good Samaritan law. Maybe? Either way, there would be some dead dogs no matter what the consequences are. Poor little guy.....

What is all this idiocy about the consequences of action vs. inaction?

Two words: H U M A N L I F E

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"He said the final dog, which was acting very aggressively toward the victim and zoo personnel, was shot multiple times by two Pittsburgh police officers and died."</div></div>

The only concept animals understand 100% is direct violence. A firearm is valued the same as 10 men standing beside you.

The only question I would have is, Could I have the dogs mounted afterwards?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ringbearer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I dont know why people jump on the thred and start chest pounding. I woulda done this, I woulda done that.

One thing that I am sure of is: there is one heart broken mother that will need years to heal from this tragedy. </div></div>

Do you have kids?
Have you ever lost a child? Do YOU know how long it takes to recover from that? Because I am more then sure the answer is, never.

Chest beating? Haha.... if you have kids you know right where I am coming from. </div></div>

coudn't of said it better myself!

It even said the cops shot a few of the more aggressive ones they couldn't get away. So if they were shot before hand would have been better. I don't have kids, but I understand a child is innocent victim and needs protection.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: springer01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can say if it was my child I would be in the pit with the dogs and hoping some of you guys or guys like you were there to follow me in.

About two months ago two boys(10-12 yrs old) were skateboarding down the street while I waited outside a convenience store for my son. I was watching the boys and one was trailing about 10 yards behind the other heading to the same store. Out of the alley about half a block behind the boy in the rear came a pit bull in a full out charge. Even being 40 yards or so from the dog I could tell he wasn't running to happily greet the boy.

As soon as I saw the dog I go out of my truck and proceeded to run toward the boys, the front boy didn't know what was going on and Im pretty sure I scared the crap outa him (pistol was still concealed). By this time the boy in the rear had heard the dog and stopped skateboarding and froze. I can only assume what happened next was the dog owner called the dog because as soon as the boy stopped the dog stopped and turned around and ran back to the alley he came from. By then I was about 10 yards from the boy and 20 or so from the dog and my pistol was in my hand.

The boy was shaking scared and I told him everything was ok. He said he knew that dog was going to attack him and thanked me for scaring it away.

Not sure that I scared it away but I let him think that. So that's my answer to the rest of the question. Yes I would help and screw the consequences!

</div></div>

A great example of being a true citizen and CCW necessity. From all us fathers who worry about our kids, thanks!

human behavior is odd..

I have kids and I can say first off I would have never let my kid be in that kind of danger but that is nether here nor there.

I can tell you with no uncertainty I would have been in that cage with not one second of hesitation! my kid or not. I am sure there were people there that would have jumped in that cage to if some one lead the way.

2 weeks ago i was with my wife and 15 year old daughter as my wife pulled up to the stop sign i saw a man 100 yards in front of us trying to go down the steps in front of his house with a walker. I watched him fall from the second step. he fell face first on the concrete his hands were held back by his walker and he hit full force head first. I said to my daughter call 911. I told my wife to step on it. she did not know what was going on. I was out of the car before it stopped rolling. The guy was out cold and loosing blood. the good thing is we were 3 min from the fire department so help was there within 5 min. here is where i am going with this......

I was not the only person that watched him fall I was probably the furthest away! but I was the only one that actually did any thing! one couple watched him fall from about 20 yards away. as i was assisting him the stepped over his legs and walked on like nothing had happened. Others that saw just stood on there porch and watched they made no attempt to go in there house and call 911 nothing! it made me mad to say the least. what would have happened if I had not seen that happen?

Having been a life guard for many years you see a lot of frustrating situations like this!

My wife and I don't even let out son get near the protective glass in chipmunk exhibit mush less even near 11 wild dogs. I think the mother should be charged for negligence at very least. Like others have said they took their kids there without any issues. Im sure hundreds of family go through there and are just fine. WTF was she thinking. I just wish a handful of us could have been there. Id rather die then to have to live with myself for not trying even if I had only my bare hands to fend them off with. I knows the little one is in a better place now, but it still hurts when I look at my little one.

Just watched the video on CNN. Those dogs do not look big at all. Stunned no one was right in after the child..

Adam,

You made a good point. I lost my pregnant girlfriend 23 years ago.
Two assholes raped and killed her and the baby. I'm still bothered by that. Hell I don't know how I would of reacted, but I would like to think, that I would of killed the animals that were attacking and those that still posed a threat.

Another thing, once you've hunted humans, killing wild dogs that's killing a child, would be a walk in the park. Please don't take this as "Chest pounding".

The concept in play here is called Diffusion of Responsibility. The vast majority of people will wait for someone else to offer aid or take the initiative. This is not a knock on humanity just something we should all keep in mind about our fellow man. Also be aware of it so if you are in a similar situation do not hesitate to act just because others aren't.

I have been in several situations that have required me to make the decision wether or not to act. (car crash, injured passer-by while I was getting a coffee, and a car jacking.) In all those times I can count on one hand the number of people who got up to help. It takes a certain caliber of person to run to someones aid, and not sit to wait and see what happens.

That is exactly my point. Many will say they will go but when the shit hits the fan very few will go into action.
And even fewer will return: poor action plan, bad luck, wrong tools, hesitation, wrong target selection/priority.

Apply this to the thred and this scenario changes quickly with a pack attack of wild dogs and seconds to react.

One Chance- I am truely sorry for your loss. I do not think that you are chest pounding in any way.
Best wishes to you and your future.

I personally can't see me standing by and watching a pack of anything killing a small child and not intervening.I was a lineman for a large electric utility for 34 yrs, and on the disaster response for all of those years and on two occasions in the aftermath of hurricanes was attacked by dogs.One was in New orleans LA and the other in the virgin islands, killed both dogs with a pocket knife, and only injuries I recieved were bites to my left arm and right leg, I think a few folks could take care of a pack of dogs.

Update:

PITTSBURGH — The head of the Pittsburgh Zoo says a medical examiner has concluded that a toddler who fell into an African painted dog exhibit was killed by the animals, not by the fall.

Barbara Baker, CEO and president of the Pittsburgh Zoo and PPG Aquarium, said she received that information from the medical examiner's office Monday.

Officials say the child's mother had placed the boy on a wooden rail above the exhibit. There is a net below the rail, but Baker says the boy bounced off it and into the enclosure.

She says the animals attacked the child so quickly that by the time a veterinarian and other zoo staffers arrived seconds later, they determined it would have been futile to try to rescue the child.

Are you actually trying to justify that no one could have helped that child? How the fuck does some medical examiner determine that the child could not be helped in time to save his life? They weren't there, it's all speculation.