• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Horse Power, Track Shit, Torque, Cubic Inches, Liters, Run What Ya Brung, Auto or Cycle

D9827082-4FDA-4B57-BC91-5645698F7D10.jpeg

The green flag was....
There's no replacement for displacement is outdated.

I have a mild cam in an Olds 474 cubic inch motor. 495 ft lbs and 425 HP.
View attachment 7983161
It sounds like a big block should. I am old school and just can't drag myself to put fuel injection on it. Would it help? Most definitely but I like carbs.
That said. I am not going to bash the young crowd with the turbos and the 4 or 6 mills. Hell, when the Grand National came out I wanted one. I had a 400 HP 355 in a Camaro at the time. It was getting smoked by a six banger and I wanted one.
Unless you've dyno'd I bet your well over 425hp. I don't know how you'd not be well over 500lb/ft.

It was tuned on a Dyno. The carb is a 600 CFM and the cam is pretty mild for the motor and running through the factory exhaust manifolds. They are the high flow used back in the day. Being an Olds with the steering behind the cross member, starter and other crap all on the driver's side there's no headers for it.
Here's a picture of the unique driver side manifold.
PXL_20210613_031814981.jpg

It's the wife's car and she's happy with it. If she decides she wants more power I will swap out the cam and carb.

Unless you've dyno'd I bet your well over 425hp. I don't know how you'd not be well over 500lb/ft.

Cutting-edge F1 engines are designed to last just a few hundred miles, a few races. They are effectively seized at normal atmospheric temperatures, and have to be pumped with operating-temp coolant and oil to even start up.
Sure at 1.6 Liters @ 15.000 RPM pushing 900+ HP

My 2022 gay ass Camry is actually pretty fun to drive with it’s 4 cylinder.

The 2022 Camaro SS is pretty boring to drive, but I love driving it because it pisses people off so bad when they get stuck behind me doing the speed limit. Only mod I’m doing to it is putting new exhaust on it so it’s dead quiet.

4Runner is like running pulling a sled filled with fat women.

Titan is actually pretty damn fun, but at 8 years old I drive it pretty conservatively.

I put a programmer on my 7.3 F250 for a little while. It was expensive keeping tires on it so I took it off. The other upgrades on it are enough without it.

There is still no replacment for displacement.

In a straight line anyway.

I was very briefly in the market for a V10 TDI Touareg. The maintenance horror stories scared me off though and I went for the 3.0 TDI and got a Malone tune. Somewhere around 500lb-ft. It's not what I'd call fast but it pulls hard.
I’d love to have a v10 tdi but I’d need a fully equipped shop at home to justify it

I’m desperately waiting until I can import some bonkers diesel from Europe. BMW I-6 quad turbo, vag v8 or v12, or Benz v8. I sort of don’t care, I just want one

Reactions: TonyTheTiger
It was tuned on a Dyno. The carb is a 600 CFM and the cam is pretty mild for the motor and running through the factory exhaust manifolds. They are the high flow used back in the day. Being an Olds with the steering behind the cross member, starter and other crap all on the driver's side there's no headers for it.
Here's a picture of the unique driver side manifold.
View attachment 7983505
It's the wife's car and she's happy with it. If she decides she wants more power I will swap out the cam and carb.
Beautiful in its simplicity.. I love big inch Oldsmobiles! :love:

Reactions: DarnYankeeUSMC
I need to see if I can dig up some pics of my car, still have it. I did the SCCA thing for a while. From the early 90's up to about 2004-ish when my first back surgery happened.

That is where my name comes from, I raced F-Production, in an opel GT, my number was 72.

I was one of two idiots that ran the cars at that level in the US. And it was expensive. Everything was custom in that motor, Rods, pistons, crank, the crank alone was $7000 in mid 90's money. They don't call them $15,000 hand grenades for nothing. And they are good for roughly two race weekends.

I never did any other kind of so called "racing" after my back went out. Tried to get back in the car, but it took two guys to get me out. I still have the car and a rear end gear set that would be perfect for open road racing, like Sand Hills or Big Bend as the car has all the safety gear for the "go fast" class. Just need another seat, and that would be easy.

I tried to do track days and it was a total bore, that is not racing. Auto-X is even worse, I think it is one of those things after you do the real deal things like track days are really tame, you don't get the same feeling, it is not the same.

I hoped I had something on my phone, thought the wife was in the trailer looking for something and thought I took a snip of the car sitting in there, but no.

It is painted in Gulf colors from the 60's, really a good looking little car.

Story time:

I did a car show World of Wheels many years ago with the car. SCCA asked if I would do it as my car does get some looks. It was really fun, so many people came up asking questions about the car, or telling stories how they had one, or their girlfriend in high school had one. It was a really good time. I actually won second for best production based race car. I lost to a real SC cobra, you are not going to win against that.

Anyhoo the show is packing up, and we need to move the car out of the way so the cars can make their way out, if you are waiting for your trailer you pull over to the side. I fire that thing up and I do mean EVERYONE turned and looked. These are hard core car people looking at the deep rumble this little thing made. It was not overly loud, in SCCA you do have to past a sound test and if you are too loud you get the black flag, so not stupid loud like open pipes or something. I just moved it out of the way and shut it down. I think that was the best part of the show.

The engine in the Opel is a bit different, it is a cam in head and the cam pushes on rockers that push on the valves. It is a bit different. The engine size war roughly 2L, stock it was 1.9. The pistons are basically the same size as 265 chevy pistons.

It was a good time and I am glad I got to do it.

Decided to try a corvette this time. Bought it with cam and headers already done. Really needs a 2800-3200 stall, it wants to pull through the brakes at an idle. I need to buy a mid rise scissor lift before I get the converter. I'd like to install a supercharger next summer even though its fun to drive the way it is.
20220626_115715.jpg
20220626_115635.jpg

View attachment 7983326

You want a car that gets the job done? You want a car that's hassle free? You want a car that literally no one will ever compliment you on? Well look no further.

The 1999 Toyota Corolla.

Let's talk about features.
Bluetooth: nope
Sunroof: nope
Fancy wheels: nope
Rear view camera: nope...but it's got a transparent rear window and you have a fucking neck that can turn.

Let me tell you a story. One day my Corolla started making a strange sound. I didn't give a shit and ignored it. It went away. The End.

You could take the engine out of this car, drop it off the Golden Gate Bridge, fish it out of the water a thousand years later, put it in the trunk of the car, fill the gas tank up with Nutella, turn the key, and this puppy would fucking start right up.

This car will outlive you, it will outlive your children.

Things this car is old enough to do:
Vote: yes
Consent to sex: yes
Rent a car: it IS a car

This car's got history. It's seen some shit. People have done straight things in this car. People have done gay things in this car. It's not going to judge you like a fucking Volkswagen would.

Interesting facts:
This car's exterior color is gray, but it's interior color is grey.
In the owner's manual, oil is listed as "optional."
When this car was unveiled at the 1998 Detroit Auto Show, it caused all 2,000 attendees to spontaneously yawn. The resulting abrupt change in air pressure inside the building caused a partial collapse of the roof. Four people died. The event is chronicled in the documentary "Bored to Death: The Story of the 1999 Toyota Corolla"

You wanna know more? Great, I had my car fill out a Facebook survey.
Favorite food: spaghetti
Favorite tv show: Alf
Favorite band: tie between Bush and the Gin Blossoms

This car is as practical as a Roth IRA. It's as middle-of-the-road as your grandpa during his last Silver Alert. It's as utilitarian as a member of a church whose scripture is based entirely on water bills.

When I ran the CarFax for this car, I got back a single piece of paper that said, "It's a Corolla. It's fine."

Let's face the facts, this car isn't going to win any beauty contests, but neither are you. Stop lying to yourself and stop lying to your wife. This isn't the car you want, it's the car you deserve: The fucking 1999 Toyota Corolla.
Yeah, but does it have a Star of David hanging off the rear view mirror ? :unsure: :cry:

• Haha
Reactions: Bender
Ok, I’ll play…. Used to race V8 American muscle cars, then moved to a Nissan 300ZX, and then saw the light. Started racing Miatas and occasionally Mini Coopers, and finally learned how to actually drive a car instead of an apex-to-apex, point and shoot style of driving.

Getting “slideways” around a track can be fun, but it ain’t all that fast.

Slowly making my way back up the horsepower food chain, but surprisingly sanguine with my current track toy of 10 years:

View attachment 7983251
I see you are in Texas. If you haven't gone out with NASA Texas region I suggest you link up with them. The HPDE that they run will make you faster the the other HPDEs in Texas. Main reason is they are always trying to get people to move up and race. Also, because of insurance most HPDEs have to have point bys were NASA being a race organization you can just pass in HPDE 4, not in 1-3. That's to get you ready for Time Trails or Road Racing.

Reactions: 91Eunozs
Those don't match,,,, one is a v10 the other is a v12
Sonofabitch, look at that. So, the v12 was used in the earlier R10. The v10 was used in the next generation race car, the R15
The replacement for displacement.

View attachment 7983814

Power adder >N/A. Sorry, its just facts.
I’m gonna generally agree but it depends on what you’re asking of each engine. Obvious, if you want power you add some sort of forced induction. But if you just want an amazing sounding sports car it’s hard to go wrong with n/a

Sonofabitch, look at that. So, the v12 was used in the earlier R10. The v10 was used in the next generation race car, the R15

I’m gonna generally agree but it depends on what you’re asking of each engine. Obvious, if you want power you add some sort of forced induction. But if you just want an amazing sounding sports car it’s hard to go wrong with n/a
I don’t know man nothing gives me a hard on like a spooling compressor

Reactions: The D
I don’t know man nothing gives me a hard on like a spooling compressor
Me too. But I also get a chubby blasting through the mountains in a healthy n/a engined car