• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Horse Power, Track Shit, Torque, Cubic Inches, Liters, Run What Ya Brung, Auto or Cycle

sitting in my brothers shop this morning. He’s got a LS swap 91 chevy I’m trying to steal
image.jpg

A quick reminder of what NASCAR short-track engines in qualifying trim sounded like two decades ago:

I don't know exactly how fast that 358 cid pushrod motor is spinning just before he lets off, but I bet there's five digits in the number.

I thought the finish line was the most brutal if both cars got there under full power

Reactions: FWoo45 and Bender
Track miata is coming together slowly. Currently getting cage installed. Broke down the motor today to bring it to the machine shop. For how fucking nasty the motor was, internally it looks pretty good. Im pretty sure the front main, rear main, oil pan gasket, etc... leaked oil...for a LONG TIME... NASTY... Non power brakes, non power steering, no ABS, no traction control, etc... Going to run full 9 Lives Racing aero, nylatron control arm bushings(was going to run pillow balls, but they are 2x as expensive), YUGE BRAKES, and a bunch of other odds and ends. Going to be a fun ass car. Should be sub 2k lbs without me in it.

200k+ miles and still has cross hatching

head is in good shape

Running HUGE brakes for a Miata

11.75x1.25 2 piece rotors

non boosted brakes

15x10 wheels. Will likely run 245/40/15 Maxxis RC1 semi-slicks

SuperMiata Xida coilovers. 1200lb springs in front, 600lb rears.

I know what you meant. But I like to be at the start for the burn out and sometimes you get to see some starting line fuckery. John Force gets in a tizzy if he doesn't get to stage second.
Different kind of brutal but yes, summer heat without shade sucks

Reactions: The D
This is one of my all time favorites!

I spent 16 years working on and overhauling these things, nothing pulls quite like them when they are set up right (injectors, turbo, manifold, timing set really particular, and Pittsburg Power on 7…):

076BA6EF-CFB3-4FF4-BB1D-1A9AFECE5A0F.jpeg
3ABD1B13-BF53-4669-BDB9-9C22262438F3.jpeg

Fuckin' passenger pilots and their Miatas - did you get hired at Delta? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

That car deserves 1. LS swap and 2. RE71RS or HooHoos

I look like a fuckin retard in the admirals double breasted jacket and hat those guys wear... I barely wear a jacket and ive never owned a hat. I think my zipper tie and cowboy boots might get me 2 week off at Delta LOL....

Im planning a K24A2 swap which will give me about 220whp which, with all the aero im doing, the car will hang with Porsche GT3's...maybe not down long straights like at COTA but in the twisties it will handle Porsche's all day long. LS swap is cool, but its about 150ish lbs heavier than the K-swap for maybe 60-70whp more in stock form(they are a 310hp motor from the factory). Obviously LS's are able to make a LOT of HP, but then you start to really overwhelm the chassis. I think most guys say ~400whp is a practical limit for what the Miata can do and those guys are running aftermarket traction control/ABS systems with the Mk60 from BMW. LS swap is also A BUNCH OF MONEY to do it right. The trans most guys end up running(Tremec TKO) are like 3k bucks. The rear ends are either a Getrag or most people I think are going to the Ford 8.8 from the Thunderbird because of better LSD options and to do either rear end right is ~3-5k bucks with all the mounts(or V8R's new rear subframe thats tits)... Anyway... to do an LS swap right is a lot of money. Im still going back and forth on what I really want to do, but my plan is the K24A2 mostly because I want to leave the car all manual with only really an LSD for traction aid and with an LS swap I feel I would need to go back down the road of re-adding power steering, adding ABS and traction control, etc... which isnt what I am after.

As far as tires, the Maxxis RC1 is a better tire than the RE71RS. RC1 is slightly slower than the Toyo RR, but lasts a lot longer. Ill give up a second or so to get 2x the life. A buddy of mine ran a used set of RC1's for an entire season(around 10-12 days) and he said they likely had 6-8 days on them prior to him getting them. Hoosiers, for my use, arent needed and I bet with the RC1 im pretty close in lap times to a car on hoosiers. If I was racing the car in W2W(WRL, Champ Car, etc...) I would POSSIBLY run them, but for a predominately HPDE car, no need.

Always thought Mike Moran's custom build had a ton of promise but you dont hear much about them nowadays..?

But a Alan Johnson Hemi + C-rotor screw blower is such a hard combo to beat race after race. Proline Racing Engines has made some serious waves in the past few years though with their previous twin turbo builds and now the Procharger partnership. And I got to root for the home team Georgia boys.. still been meanin to visit their shop just to get a solid glimpse at awesomeness..

If I was rich, Proline would get all my business.. they're as legit as it gets.

Last edited:
Any of the non-poors gone nut up for a Pur Sport?

Andrew Tate grabbed one up few months ago.
What a car.

But Bugatti has some competition

Also the 'Ring has a new king.

Last edited:
Anything that's fast is cool.

I never understood the import tuner crowd though. I just don't get the fixation on displacement. The 3L 2jz weighs the same, if not more than the 7.4L ls7. I could see the appeal the 3L engine produced the same power at 40% of the weight but that's not the case. I don't see a logical argument against the old adage that there's no replacement for displacement. It's undeniably true unless you're comparing apples to hand grenades (ie, forced induction to NA.)

The front wheel drive, 500+ hp four banger crowd is a weird bunch. I look at them the same way I look at people that put ketchup on steak.

The flat crank LT6 in the new Z06 looks like it's gonna be the bees knees. One of those in a 2200lb kit like the Ultima RS would make for an absolute track monster.
Highly agree. Even Jeremy Clarkson said a fwd can be a blast but anything over 300hp you get horrible torque steer, making it slow on a race track, and horrible grip making it slow on a drag strip. Mainly pointless. I wouldn't mind a civic or mini for like a cheap track toy, but not a serious contender for anything.

Bought this yesterday for my 16 yo daughter. Only car I ever paid cash for. 2023 Kia Rio S.
I think the brochure said a whopping 125hp !
View attachment 7984508
I will say Kia has come a long way. My first car was a 2000 Kia sephia. Ugly as sin, but my mom being German said" (insert heavy german accent) NO son of mine will not know how to drive a mannnuall".

I'm glad she got me that as my first car, so what my fence, the ditch past my fence, the tree in my back yard (5 acres of land was big into watching world rally cross).

After about 2 years we traded it in for a new at the time 05 Civic Ex special edition, beautiful car inside and out but being an auto took all the fun out of it.

You don’t have like 4/6 to appreciate them. I’m not a big import guy, but I’d go 2JZ if I decided to be.

You tuber I watch put a 2JZ in his Camaro to troll people.

I mean, who could not like 2JZ's??? - Richard@CST

First H-Pattern Stick shift in the 6's and now second quickest at 6.69@221mph

I love 2J's but Garret Mitchell (Cleetus) is a fucking tard. Great outlaw stickshift driver but he destroys everything he touches and TSP keeps sending him motor after motor to blow up (i think he's on TSP motor 9 at this point). It CANT be good for a company like TSP when he is constantly blowing up motors/transmissions. You cant continuously bounce off a rev limiter and do 1-4th gear burnouts and not destroy whatever it is youre doing it in. But.... do it fo the subs, i guess.

I'll bite my new-to-me sporty. Couldn't afford anything bigger at the time of buying, and my Ram Rebel was killing me on gas before I sold my house. Fun little bike my body doesn't start hurting until I've been riding for more than 45 minutes. Good thing for the 2.1 peanut tank that barely gets me 70 miles lol. Stage 1 Arlen Ness monster sucker, Vance and Hines side shots, and Powervision tune.

20220817_211644.jpg
20220817_185940.jpg
20220707_094210.jpg

Highly agree. Even Jeremy Clarkson said a fwd can be a blast but anything over 300hp you get horrible torque steer, making it slow on a race track, and horrible grip making it slow on a drag strip.
I've got a MK6 GTI with 220ish hp and I really don't see a need for more. If you're flooring it in a straight line you're using the car wrong. Straight lines are just the boring intermissions between corners.

Going fast in a straight line is only exciting with an absurd amount of power

Reactions: gigamortis
650-700hp is the most powerful thing I've sat in. Still got bored of going straight real quick.
Yeah, I’d much rather drive a road course or in the mountains. You have to be wired a certain way to be really into drag racing. My dad and uncle have been drag racing for about 40yrs and can’t stop themselves. I can help in the pits and as long as there’s shit to do I’m fine. If I have to sit in the stands and try to watch I’m asleep almost immediately, just like I am at a nascar race

Reactions: TonyTheTiger
Roll racers are the lowest form of "car guy"

600whp is fun in a straight line...until the G-Locs and Contis do their thing

As I have gotten older, I appreciate quiet powerful vehs that don’t require you to be wired to drive them hard. As I posted before, I have had my drum brake big block fix a long time ago and it just doesn’t make me warm and fuzzy anymore.

As I have gotten older, I appreciate quiet powerful vehs that don’t require you to be wired to drive them hard. As I posted before, I have had my drum brake big block fix a long time ago and it just doesn’t make me warm and fuzzy anymore.
I’m currently trying to figure out a way to quiet my hooptie down without slowing it down...
because it’s way sneakier and enjoyable if it’s quiet.

Reactions: gigamortis
I’m currently trying to figure out a way to quiet my hooptie down without slowing it down...
I got the exhaust done on my Camaro SS. Thing is dead quiet now. Don’t know or care how much horsepower I lost. Even a 10% loss I’m still over 400 horsepower.

Reactions: MadDuner
Put some headers with cutouts on them. Drive with full exhaust everyday, then when some jackass challenges you to a dual, open them shits up on the start line

If you don't have enough horsepower, maybe. When the straights start with some counter-steering and end with a couple rapid heal-toe downshifts, they are rather entertaining.
In your scenario the only interesting part about the straight is exiting one corner then entering another. So the corner is still the star of the show.

I am only 44 and can’t believe I am saying this but I agree with you… but I have been working on very loud engines for a long time now.

Reactions: Lawless
Put another spinny muffler on it. Hard to quiet the whistle though.

Reactions: MadDuner