• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

House passes Assault Weapons Ban 217 - 213... What's next?

Fx51LP308

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
  • Apr 8, 2021
    Tampa Bay, FL
    The House passed their version of the "Assault Weapons Ban." It passed 217 - 213.

Do you think the Senate will do the same? And how can we prepare for that?

Last edited:
    • Angry
    Reactions: Sean the Nailer
    It will be interesting if the Senate schedules a vote on it.

I doubt it passes the senate, even if it did, it’d be thrown out in court. It’s unconstitutional

Greg Steube is on Newsmax right now, saying this exact thing. Apparently, it can't pass as part of "reconcilliation" so they'd need the cloture proof majority of 60 votes to pass in the Senate. Hopefully, that will kill it before it even gets there. Apparently, 2 republican Reps voted to pass it. Had they not, it would have died in the House via a 215-215 tie.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Jmccracken1214
    Greg Steube is on Newsmax right now, saying this exact thing. Apparently, it can't pass as part of "reconcilliation" so they'd need the cloture proof majority of 60 votes to pass in the Senate. Hopefully, that will kill it before it even gets there. Apparently, 2 republican Reps voted to pass it. Had they not, it would have died in the House via a 215-215 tie.
    Rep Chris Jacobs, NY and Rep Brian Fitzpatrick, Penn.

The House passed their version of the "Assault Weapons Ban." It passed 217 - 213.

Do you think the Senate will do the same? And how can we prepare for that?
    shame-jerry-seinfeld.gif

Reactions: MCSO1357
    I doubt it passes the senate, even if it did, it’d be thrown out in court. It’s unconstitutional
    Once again, as I’ve said in the other thread on this, it doesn’t matter what the courts say. They have no enforcement arm. They can scream it’s unconstitutional until they pass out. Doesn’t change anything. They rely on Congress and the executive branch to enforce their rulings. Right now Congress and the executive have gone rogue and don’t give a shit what the courts say. They’ve even openly stated as such.

As to the Constitution, it’s just a piece of paper, without anyone to enforce it. Those that control the enforcement, control the outcome. As long as there are those to enforce unconstitutional laws or no people to oppose said enforcement then they will continue to trample your rights. The answer is to not comply.

If this passes the senate, all it’s gonna do is create a hell of a black market and flood the streets with more of the very weapons they seek to ban. And it won’t stop here. Next time they will be after all semi auto handguns and your beloved bolt actions. Next will be revolvers and shotguns. To think any different would be very naive. They just passed the red flag laws and many said that would be it, if we just give them that then it will end. Clearly that wasn’t enough, and it never will be until they’ve got them all. Do not comply.

If republicans in the house can flip so can those in the senate. I’m not surprised by anything anymore.

I dont know why you guys are even concerned. Our government pass an unconstitutional law? Omg, no they would never do that. They have our individual rights and liberties at the forefront of their thought process when passing laws.

I'm sure they'll do the right thing. Nothing bad would ever happen at the hands of our own government. It was only 2 weeks to stop the spread.

First, the men and women in congress need to read the Declaration of Indenpendence

Second, I’d bet ten million dollars ($10,000,000.00) (which I don’t have and never will have) that not ONE person who voted for this bill can define what an assault rifle actually is. (I can’t and I have been a firearm owner and active enthusiast since 1964) (shooting much younger than that but under my parent’s supervision)

Third, If such a ban actually goes into force, I suspect it will be as effective as the ban on selling Fentany, heroine, Cocaine, and in EPO(Erythropoietin), on the street and in schools (and in athletic circles EPO)

Referring to #2. An AR-15, and AR-10 are semi automatic carbines, much like the Remington 740, the Winchester 100, the civilian Browning BAR (not to be confused with John Brownings BAR) and the Ruger Mini-14

Last edited:
    It'll go to the Senate and die. We just need to make sure the folks who drafted this legislation and everyone who voted for it in The House gets replaced next election cycle. They should be prosecuted for breach of oath but that won't happen.

VooDoo

Reactions: 232593
    I'm better at combat shooting than all of them, and anyone that they'd send.

As far as I'm concerned, nothing is next because I just dont care.

You’re being short sighted, unless you know how to beat a reaper. Guess at that point you won’t know anyway so yeah, fuck it.

… As to the Constitution, it’s just a piece of paper, without anyone to enforce it. Those that control the enforcement, control the outcome. As long as there are those to enforce unconstitutional laws or no people to oppose said enforcement then they will continue to trample your rights. The answer is to not comply. …
    The constitution is written to govern the government and gives the people framework with which to act without devolving into anarchy

The constitution is written to govern the government and gives the people framework with which to act without devolving into anarchy
    Well, yeah sort of. But ain’t nobody...I’m sorry, I thought that was a given. Ok fine, ain’t nobody enforcing the constitution on the gov either. So...again, without enforcement it’s literally words on paper.

So a treasonous regime of perverted Satan worshippers steals the election, moves into the White House, illegally, and then tells you you're a criminal and are breaking their latest illegal, unconstitutional 'law' if you don't hand over your guns to them?

Yeah, I'll get right on that.

Reactions: 232593
    So a treasonous regime of perverted Satan worshippers steals the election, moves into the White House, illegally, and then tells you you're a criminal and are breaking their latest illegal, unconstitutional 'law' if you don't hand over your guns to them?

Yeah, I'll get right on that.
    They gonna send the stasi after you.

L
    And the local badged men will assist. They continue to do so to this day knowing that the three letters are unconstitutional and illegitimate considering the illegal overthrow of the federal government. If they wear a badge representing gov at any level they are an enemy. If they weren’t they would refuse to enforce the will and laws of tyrants and quit their shit job. Very few have. Leo are the worst class of criminals, the “legal” ones employed by the state.

Well, yeah sort of. But ain’t nobody...I’m sorry, I thought that was a given. Ok fine, ain’t nobody enforcing the constitution on the gov either. So...again, without enforcement it’s literally words on paper.
    Yep, words on paper as a framework to deal with a tyrannical government. Time to step up and take responsibility. Fight with the pen until fighting with the sword is absolutely necessary.

🥺

ETA: not trying to be a prick but want to challenge the thought that the government will correct itself. Tyrants in power generally don’t relinquish it willingly and our founding fathers understood that. So rather than appointing King Washington (some wanted to do that), they gave us a document that won’t die to govern our society. This has particular (good) implications under the Biblical view of government

Reactions: SilentStalkr
    I agree this “should” die in the Senate, it’s just political theatre.
    Additionally, if you are under the illusion that the government would ever go door to door to take you guns, I don’t believe you’ve seen the bigger picture. Could you agree it would make much more sense to simply fine you for not turning in the guns our local, state and federal governments have been tracking for awhile now? Fines could easily turn into paycheck or asset seizure. No force necessary.

Reactions: MJF