• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How about NRA membership necessary for the Hide?

bhoges

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 11, 2003
Plainview,NY
If you want to compete in matches you need a membership. What about the site requiring membership in order to get certain access? Seem with the NRA only having 4million members too many gun owners don't have a vested interest. This is the time we need to rally together to help the cause. My son is a week old and he is a life member and I donated one to the troops as well. Its only $25 a yr now there is no excuse.

Re: How about NRA membership necessary for the Hide?

I think only certified military snipers, both active and retired, should be allowed to join this site. This is a terrible idea, just like yours.

I didn't join the NRA until a few weeks ago because they have a LONG history of compromising which is P.C. for back stabbing assholes. Like it or not the NRA isn't a great gun lobby at least not in terms of being strictly pro 2nd. in fact I only joined the NRA because at this point I'll take a compromise on gun control over the full on ban that we're going to see proposed in a few weeks and none of that takes into account how Frank makes enough money to live off of off this site.

Join the NRA if you want them to send you endless come-ons for products and services that you don't need, when they aren't bombarding your telephone with endless telemarketing. They're a big, but clumsy advocacy group and I'd be willing to pay three times as much for membership if they'd just stop the calls and the letters.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer_G</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Join the NRA if you want them to send you endless come-ons for products and services that you don't need, when they aren't bombarding your telephone with endless telemarketing. They're a big, but clumsy advocacy group and I'd be willing to pay three times as much for membership if they'd just stop the calls and the letters. </div></div>

No kidding. I bet they've already spent the $300 I sent them for a lifetime membership on sending me advertising and solicitations.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jhnmdahl</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer_G</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Join the NRA if you want them to send you endless come-ons for products and services that you don't need, when they aren't bombarding your telephone with endless telemarketing. They're a big, but clumsy advocacy group and I'd be willing to pay three times as much for membership if they'd just stop the calls and the letters. </div></div>

No kidding. I bet they've already spent the $300 I sent them for a lifetime membership on sending me advertising and solicitations. </div></div>

I've been a life member since the mid seventies and I don't get anything from them except the magazines. You do have the option to opt out of all their solicitations, if you wish, but you must contact them. It does takes a while for that to happen though. I even dropped their X-Mas cards, which are very nice BTW. It took two years for them to stop sending me those after my initial request. The only reason for stopping was I have too many of them on hand and they'll last a few more years.

NRA memberships are only required for NRA matches.

Are you going to monitor 75K members and their NRA membership? Are you going to replace the livelihood lost by the owner because someone doesn't join because they don't have an NRA membership?

In theory it's a good idea, in reality it will never happen.

I support the NRA, however...

We need to realize that the NRA cannot reach the people that are riding the fence.

What is the NRA? Most outsiders will tell you it's an organization that promotes the interests of white christian males.

I'm not saying the NRA should go away. I'm saying that we need another mainstream option.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer_G</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Join the NRA if you want them to send you endless come-ons for products and services that you don't need, when they aren't bombarding your telephone with endless telemarketing. They're a big, but clumsy advocacy group and I'd be willing to pay three times as much for membership if they'd just stop the calls and the letters.</div></div>

+ 1billion

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vwhugger</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jhnmdahl</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer_G</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Join the NRA if you want them to send you endless come-ons for products and services that you don't need, when they aren't bombarding your telephone with endless telemarketing. They're a big, but clumsy advocacy group and I'd be willing to pay three times as much for membership if they'd just stop the calls and the letters. </div></div>

No kidding. I bet they've already spent the $300 I sent them for a lifetime membership on sending me advertising and solicitations. </div></div>

I've been a life member since the mid seventies and I don't get anything from them except the magazines. You do have the option to opt out of all their solicitations, if you wish, but you must contact them. It does takes a while for that to happen though. I even dropped their X-Mas cards, which are very nice BTW. It took two years for them to stop sending me those after my initial request. The only reason for stopping was I have too many of them on hand and they'll last a few more years. </div></div>

Actually,I got Hell Bent on Jack Daniels one day,and after looking at a three foot high pile of NRA firestarter in front of my Wood Stove....called them and told em' how I really felt !!!

The mailings and calls stopped almost immediately
laugh.gif

On a more serious note,with the surge of memberships in the past couple of weeks,many of these new members normally would not have joined until this latest attack on our 2A rights has become the fight of our life against the Anti's.

It's apparent that Wayne LaPierre (DK if I spelled it right),Sucks as a speaker,the NRA has been known to cave to the PC interests in the past,and We,as individual members seem to have no voice in the organization.

I have a question for some of the long time NRA Members ; Do we,as individual members have any voice or voting rights in decisions or compromises impacting our Second Amendment Rights ?

<span style="font-size: 26pt">No,</span><span style="font-size: 20pt"> No,</span> <span style="font-size: 14pt">NO !!!</span>

The junk mail and phone calls are not worth my time. At 13 I became an NRA Junior member and at 25, had enough of the junk mail.

Instead, donate to the NRA-ILA: The legislative branch of the NRA that pays attorneys to defend my 2nd Admendment Right.

https://www.nraila.org/get-involved-locally/secure/donate.aspx

To make a contribution by mail please make check payable to NRA-ILA, and send it to:

NRA-ILA
11250 Waples Mill Road
Fairfax, VA 22030

AnschutzNerd

I called and called saying to stop the mailing's and phone calls. Mail kept coming and the phone kept ringing.The stupid questions they send out are so stupid and make you fl like a dummy. I got fed up with it and didn't renew this year. O what a relief it is. I hate any organization that will not leave you alone when asked to and almost begs for more money several times a month. May be next year i will join again maybe. MM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mexican match</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I called and called saying to stop the mailing's and phone calls. Mail kept coming and the phone kept ringing.The stupid questions they send out are so stupid and make you fl like a dummy. I got fed up with it and didn't renew this year. O what a relief it is. I hate any organization that will not leave you alone when asked to and almost begs for more money several times a month. May be next year i will join again maybe. MM </div></div>I can certainly understand your frustration, although personally I have not experienced this, despite being an NRA member for the past 25 years. If you choose not to belong to the NRA then hopefully you have joined one of the other 2nd Amendment rights organizations that exist. If not, then don't ever complain about our rights being stripped away while you sat on the sidelines.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">NRA memberships are only required for NRA matches. </div></div>

Mike,
That requirement was eliminated a few years ago.

For the OP, I don't think Frank needs a larger workload verifying NRA memberships and besides this is still the USA and for now we still have some choices.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Brian</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you want to compete in matches you need a membership. What about the site requiring membership in order to get certain access? <span style="font-weight: bold">Seem with the NRA only having 4million members too many gun owners don't have a vested interest.</span> This is the time we need to rally together to help the cause. My son is a week old and he is a life member and I donated one to the troops as well. Its only $25 a yr now there is no excuse. </div></div>

Just because you don't belong to the nra don't mean your not a member of some other gun club/org. That was kind of a narrow minded comment to make.

Now on another note I wonder how many people on this forum are NRA and how many are not? I'd be willing to guess at least 3/4 of the people here are not nra members. I've been looking at nra threads here and haven't seen many of them last very long (unless I join in and mess with people's heads
grin.gif
).

I was one of the biggest fans of the NRA until 5-19-86. That was the day I learned all I needed to know about what they were all about. I'll not partake of anything gun, if NRA membership has to do with anything about shooting a match, shooting on a range or posting on any board. My money goes to the likes of the GOA and such, I won't give a fucking dine to those feel good, sell your ass out, in a second folks. If it was between the NRA and no guns, give me no guns, thank you very fucking much.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gunfighter14e2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was one of the biggest fans of the NRA until 5-19-86. That was the day I learned all I needed to know about what they were all about. I'll not partake of anything gun, if NRA membership has to do with anything about shooting a match, shooting on a range or posting on any board. My money goes to the likes of the GOA and such, I won't give a fucking dine to those feel good, sell your ass out, in a second folks. If it was between the NRA and no guns, give me no guns, thank you very fucking much. </div></div>
This.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gunfighter14e2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was one of the biggest fans of the NRA until 5-19-86. That was the day I learned all I needed to know about what they were all about. I'll not partake of anything gun, if NRA membership has to do with anything about shooting a match, shooting on a range or posting on any board. My money goes to the likes of the GOA and such, I won't give a fucking dine to those feel good, sell your ass out, in a second folks. <span style="font-weight: bold">If it was between the NRA and no guns, give me no guns, thank you very fucking much.</span> </div></div>Really?!? If that's the case, you must not value your guns very much. It's OK if you have a hard on for the NRA, but to say that you would give up your guns vs supporting the NRA borders on asinine. The antis would like nothing better than to see this sort of dissension in our ranks. The only way that we weather this storm and those coming in the future is by presenting a united front. Now, I'm not saying that we all have to belong to the same pro-2nd amendment organization or be in complete agreement, but to say that you would be willing to give up your guns UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, much less because you hate the NRA, is completely beyond my comprehension

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bouvie</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gunfighter14e2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was one of the biggest fans of the NRA until 5-19-86. That was the day I learned all I needed to know about what they were all about. I'll not partake of anything gun, if NRA membership has to do with anything about shooting a match, shooting on a range or posting on any board. My money goes to the likes of the GOA and such, I won't give a fucking dine to those feel good, sell your ass out, in a second folks. <span style="font-weight: bold">If it was between the NRA and no guns, give me no guns, thank you very fucking much.</span> </div></div>Really?!? If that's the case, you must not value your guns very much. It's OK if you have a hard on for the NRA, but to say that you would give up your guns vs supporting the NRA borders on asinine. The antis would like nothing better than to see this sort of dissension in our ranks. The only way that we weather this storm and those coming in the future is by presenting a united front. Now, I'm not saying that we all have to belong to the same pro-2nd amendment organization or be in complete agreement, but to say that you would be willing to give up your guns UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, much less because you hate the NRA, <span style="font-weight: bold">is completely beyond my comprehension </span></div></div>

I believe that part of what you said (boldface). But what is beyond my comprehension is a bunch of nra members running around like chicken little yelling the sky is falling, the sky is falling. You belong to the nra and yet you act like a bunch of bozo's. You don't seem to have anymore faith in the nra then the people who refuse to join the nra. Only difference is the rest of us don't go running around yelling the sky is falling.

Perhaps all you outspoken individuals that either think you have everything figured out or want everyone else to think you are superior in intelligence to current NRA members need to start a pro 2nd Amendment organization?

Then you can ALWAYS say the 'right thing' and 'do the right thing' and NOT charge anything for the perfect services you provide your members/followers at NO COST! You know, NEVER make a mistake, NEVER solicit money, NEVER give an inch, oh and NEVER call each other names or insult them publicly because you don't agree with their thoughts, concerns or differences! You know,....don't be so damn arrogant and narcassistic?

In other words the PERFECT organization just like you all!

Sign me up, your idea and generosity sounds 'drop dead fantastic'! (Always wanted to use that quote)

Also I have never thought the NRA to be perfect but it is the only organization that has the attention of Washington and Congress! Also you all are welcome for what ground us "bozo's" have helped to hold in the past! Get off your asses and join and correspond with your local representatives to help change what you don't like about NRA instead of whinning and bitching to justify your saving $35 and letting someone else pay your way! Or you can go buy another hi cap mag with the $35 and bitch about paying too much and whether or not you will get to keep it!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TOUGHGUY</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bouvie</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gunfighter14e2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was one of the biggest fans of the NRA until 5-19-86. That was the day I learned all I needed to know about what they were all about. I'll not partake of anything gun, if NRA membership has to do with anything about shooting a match, shooting on a range or posting on any board. My money goes to the likes of the GOA and such, I won't give a fucking dine to those feel good, sell your ass out, in a second folks. <span style="font-weight: bold">If it was between the NRA and no guns, give me no guns, thank you very fucking much.</span> </div></div>Really?!? If that's the case, you must not value your guns very much. It's OK if you have a hard on for the NRA, but to say that you would give up your guns vs supporting the NRA borders on asinine. The antis would like nothing better than to see this sort of dissension in our ranks. The only way that we weather this storm and those coming in the future is by presenting a united front. Now, I'm not saying that we all have to belong to the same pro-2nd amendment organization or be in complete agreement, but to say that you would be willing to give up your guns UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, much less because you hate the NRA, <span style="font-weight: bold">is completely beyond my comprehension </span></div></div>

I believe that part of what you said (boldface). But what is beyond my comprehension is a bunch of nra members running around like chicken little yelling the sky is falling, the sky is falling. You belong to the nra and yet you act like a bunch of bozo's. You don't seem to have anymore faith in the nra then the people who refuse to join the nra. Only difference is the rest of us don't go running around yelling the sky is falling. </div></div>I wondered when you would show up. You are as predictable as the sun rising in the east if there is an opportunity to bash the NRA and simultaneously brag about how only you have "the balls" to defend the Constitution. It's also hilarious that one of your main beefs against the NRA is that they have the sheer, unmitigated gall (my words) to actually charge money for a membership. Are you shitting me?

By the way Mr. I Have The Balls To Defend the Constitution and You Don't, I noticed that the NRA had a seat at the big boys table in DC last week. Where were you? Sitting at home, that's where. Do you know why? Because you are a nobody from nowhere, just like we all are. If you want to have your voice count, you need to belong to a larger organization that actually has some lobbying power to get things done. I'm not saying that it has to be the NRA but I'm certain that you can join some other pro-2nd Amendment group that also happens to give out free memberships.

Also, where have I ever said that I don't have faith in the NRA? Show me or shut up. I've never said the NRA is perfect but I believe that they are one of the most effective tools that we have in this fight. And it's time for all of us to get off the sidelines and get into the game. This type of internecine squabbling doesn't benefit any of us or our cause.

We had an AWB in 1994, and while 36 political party members of the communist (aka democratic) party went packing - nothing was done and the ban was there.
And the ban is coming again.
If I saw the NRA advocating on national TV against this I'd change my mind but as a NON NRA member w hat do I hear?

"We are dissappointed".
I should hear a call to arms..but silence.
And after being threatened with a lawsuit by the NRA for hosting the highpower rules, of which I spent MANY MANY DAYS AND NIGHTS modifying to stay current with their PDF releases - to get threatened by them while they refuse ot host them?

Negative - NRA is not your friend, they are a spam machine that requires money to send spam to get more money.
Somewhere in there they are supposed to watch out for our rights but I don't see that.
I don't see them fighting the rumors of Ted Nugent being a child molester, I don't hear a call to arms......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bouvie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you want to have your voice count, you need to belong to a larger organization that actually has some lobbying power to get things done.
</div></div>

VERY well said, there are other organizations out there, and I will be researching those, there's even a women only group.

I read this and it becomes more and more clear why we are in the position we are in.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bouvie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Really?!? If that's the case, you must not value your guns very much. It's OK if you have a hard on for the NRA, but to say that you would give up your guns vs supporting the NRA borders on asinine. </div></div>
You really don't have a clue do you?
If you really think the NRA is trying to preserve your gun rights, I have a bridge for you. The NRA, every sense the 68 GCA is about the NRA and the NRA only. You have drank the cool aid, as I did, but I woke up in 1968, and got the big wake up call in 86. Get a clue, as to who is working for what or who. Smoke and mirrors is a fools game, and many don't even have a clue that game is even being ran on them, even to this day.
Seeing a pattern and digging deeper is how old guys get old.

I ask you this, Did you ever Know Marion P. Hammer? I've known her long before she was the NRA president. Many a long talk, back in the day about WTF was going on within that group, so you take your cheap ass views about what you think you know and shove them up your ass.

Good or bad, membership in any favorite organization is not, and should not be, an obstacle to participation in The 'Hide.

This is not we gunowners' first time in this barrel. We support the NRA and our other allies in this effort.

Advancing demonstrable membership as a prerequisite to participation in gun ownership-related furtherance, as some sort of 'our way or the highway' initiation, is not constructive to what The 'Hide accomplishes.

We embrace the tactical rifle here. Whether the NRA has ever even acknowledged our presence is questionable. I'm pretty sure they don't provide sponsorship here. When they do, I will turn a more favorable ear to the OP's appeal.

As for instructing Frank to install and manage a new hurdle to membership at his site; I'd suggest you reserve such suggestions for other forums.

Greg

Whether or not you agree with everything the NRA does, it is the strongest voice for gun owners in America. You do not hear politicians bringing up GOA, Jews for guns, NSSF, etc., when discussions of gun control arise.

You can opt out of mailings and not giving them your phone number works, too. Hell, I never opted out and get little mail from them. When I do I toss it out with the piles of junkmail I recieve daily, which I do not have the option to opt out of.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gunfighter14e2</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bouvie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Really?!? If that's the case, you must not value your guns very much. It's OK if you have a hard on for the NRA, but to say that you would give up your guns vs supporting the NRA borders on asinine. </div></div>
You really don't have a clue do you?
If you really think the NRA is trying to preserve your gun rights, I have a bridge for you. The NRA, every sense the 68 GCA is about the NRA and the NRA only. You have drank the cool aid, as I did, but I woke up in 1968, and got the big wake up call in 86. Get a clue, as to who is working for what or who. Smoke and mirrors is a fools game, and many don't even have a clue that game is even being ran on them, even to this day.
Seeing a pattern and digging deeper is how old guys get old.

I ask you this, Did you ever Know Marion P. Hammer? I've known her long before she was the NRA president. Many a long talk, back in the day about WTF was going on within that group, <span style="font-weight: bold">so you take your cheap ass views about what you think you know and shove them up your ass.</span> </div></div>My oh my, another internet tough guy. Reading your post just makes me feel tired all over. And yes, despite what you may think, I do have a clue. If you would take a moment to carefully read my original post, you might comprehend that I was simply pointing out that to say that you would rather give up your guns than support the NRA is ridiculous. I would be willing to do a lot if it meant keeping my guns and my rights. As I have also pointed out, if you have a problem with the NRA, so be it; I'm not telling you or anyone else to join. But please join another pro-2nd Amendment group so that your voice can be heard. An individual has no sway in DC, but a large and well funded lobbying group does. This type of infighting amongst those of us who have the same goals is music to the antis ears. So instead, why don't we all support the gun owners rights group of our choice and not cast stones at one another other?

We need another Charlton Heston and a 30 second spot on the super bowl. That would do it. I have the shotgun approach, I am a life member of the NRA for 40 some years, member of GOA, CRPA, JPFO I'm not Jewish
smile.gif
FCSA and a few others that I forgot about. They all get a little out of me and I don't mind. It is more than just a hobby it is a way of life almost a religion of sort, BUT NOT. Does not really bother me getting phone calls or mail either. I have not problem saying "no thank you" caller ID helps alot too. As to mailings it is like any advertising. I have to sift through it on the newspaper, or a magazine, I have to see it on my smart phone playing angry birds (kawkawww) That is just part of life. Lots more stuff out there to get your panties in a wad about.

I have had my differences with the NRA. No they are not perfect. However, they are better than nothing. I do think they have changed some...they are moving away from the guns are for sportsman line and are talking more about the real purpose of the Second Amendment.

I have been one of those in the past who canceled my membership, but I have come back around. I support the recent shift in their message. I think that shift is a result of members calling and voicing their opinion.

You will always have more impact on an organization by changing it internally than bitching about it on the internet.

So join. Then join GOA, and other groups as well. We need them all. Currently, the NRA has a bigger voice than the rest. Leverage that, work to improve the organization, and opt out of their communications if you must. But join. Help us make the largest voice for gun rights into an uncompromising voice for gun rights. If you write off every organization that has made mistakes you will have no one to join forces with.

In the immortal words of Ben Franklin:
"We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately."

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bouvie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My oh my, another internet tough guy. Reading your post just makes me feel tired all over. And yes, despite what you may think, I do have a clue. If you would take a moment to carefully read my original post, you might comprehend that I was simply pointing out that to say that you would rather give up your guns than support the NRA is ridiculous. I would be willing to do a lot if it meant keeping my guns and my rights. As I have also pointed out, if you have a problem with the NRA, so be it; I'm not telling you or anyone else to join. But please join another pro-2nd Amendment group so that your voice can be heard. An individual has no sway in DC, but a large and well funded lobbying group does. This type of infighting amongst those of us who have the same goals is music to the antis ears. So instead, why don't we all support the gun owners rights group of our choice and not cast stones at one another other? </div></div>
I'm not stupid enough to pay someone to backroom deal my rights away, like they did with Ray-Guns help, in 86. Paying someone to sell you down the river is past stupid to many that said not no, but hell no. You need to keep believing what they and uncle tells you, but if you ever get a "Clue" you might find they are one in the same. Then again being so easily brain washed is a failing of sheep.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Mechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We need another Charlton Heston and a 30 second spot on the super bowl. That would do it.<span style="font-weight: bold"> I have the shotgun approach,</span> I am a life member of the NRA for 40 some years, member of GOA, CRPA, JPFO I'm not Jewish
smile.gif
FCSA and a few others that I forgot about. They all get a little out of me and I don't mind. It is more than just a hobby it is a way of life almost a religion of sort, BUT NOT. Does not really bother me getting phone calls or mail either. I have not problem saying "no thank you" caller ID helps alot too. As to mailings it is like any advertising. I have to sift through it on the newspaper, or a magazine, I have to see it on my smart phone playing angry birds (kawkawww) That is just part of life. Lots more stuff out there to get your panties in a wad about. </div></div>Same here. I'm a member of the NRA, NRA-ILA, GOA, JPFO, IL State Rifle Assoc. and Illinois Carry. Do I contribute extra when I get mailings? Often times yes but not always; although my donations have increased along with the threats to our rights as gun owners.

I will say this, unless you live in my state (IL), you have no idea of how difficult the fight is. IL is already one of the most anti-gun states in the Union and they are constantly trying to take away what few rights we do have. Example: a week ago they tried to pass a law banning all assault weapons, .50 weapons and ALL weapons that can accept any sort of a detachable magazine! And they did this on a Sunday at the end of a lame duck session, when they thought no one would notice. Fortunately, the NRA, ISRA and IL Carry sounded the alarm to their members, which resulted in a furious last minute flurry of phone calls and emails to various state representatives.

So, when people question the need to belong to a pro-2nd Amendment organization, I would cite this as a prime example.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gunfighter14e2</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bouvie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My oh my, another internet tough guy. Reading your post just makes me feel tired all over. And yes, despite what you may think, I do have a clue. If you would take a moment to carefully read my original post, you might comprehend that I was simply pointing out that to say that you would rather give up your guns than support the NRA is ridiculous. I would be willing to do a lot if it meant keeping my guns and my rights. As I have also pointed out, if you have a problem with the NRA, so be it; I'm not telling you or anyone else to join. But please join another pro-2nd Amendment group so that your voice can be heard. An individual has no sway in DC, but a large and well funded lobbying group does. This type of infighting amongst those of us who have the same goals is music to the antis ears. So instead, why don't we all support the gun owners rights group of our choice and not cast stones at one another other? </div></div>
I'm not stupid enough to pay someone to backroom deal my rights away, like they did with Ray-Guns help, in 86. Paying someone to sell you down the river is past stupid to many that said not no, but hell no. You need to keep believing what they and uncle tells you, but if you ever get a "Clue" you might find they are one in the same. <span style="font-weight: bold">Then again being so easily brain washed is a failing of sheep. </span> </div></div>Why must you continue to indulge in such petty insults? Do you realize how childish you sound? Obviously your reading comprehension leaves much to be desired, so I will reiterate what I have previously stated: It's fine if you have some sort of personal grudge against the NRA (although I must point out that 1986 was a long time ago). No one, certainly not me, is saying that you have to join an organization that you don't agree with. However, just because myself or others are members of said organization doesn't make us clueless or sheep or whatever other feeble derogatory comment you can muster up. Trust me when I say that I am fully aware of the threats that we, law abiding gun owners, face in today's political climate. So, instead of going on another anti-NRA rant, simply use your time and money to support the pro-2nd Amendment group of your choice, if you haven't already.

Your own words "Clueless sheep", thanks.
First it was 34 then 68, 86, 94, yes, clueless sheep as you so well put it.

not a bad idea, though not practical for admin reasons to be done every year, for every member.

it'd probably make more sense to support vendors that in turn support the NRA financially (midway round up for example). so you've mad a NRA donation & put some excise tax money in the pot for hunter ed, conservation projects and other Pittman / Robertson act activities.

agree with some of the reasons alot of folks don't join the NRA ("BS" mailings, $ spent on fancy scmancy paper in those mailings, always asking for more...i've actually renewed and 3-4 weeks later had several mailings asking to "up" the membership or donate more).

election time is the worst, some of the rhetoric they put out sounds more fanatical than a taliban converted chicken little. just state the facts please, i get enough trumped up opinions & speculation from my wife for free, without introducing glenn beck and the rest.

BUT....they are the best lobby firearms enthusiasts have in DC and other avenues. join privately &/or support and donate through those merchants that do and let them sort through the mailers.

for around or less than a box of shells, it's the best investment you'll make in a year when compared to the rest of the money you'll spend in the same year.

love 'em or hate 'em - like a lawyer some day you will need 'em.

NRA MEMBER # 061062206

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gunfighter14e2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Your own words "Clueless sheep", thanks.
First it was 34 then 68, 86, 94, yes, clueless sheep as you so well put it. </div></div>Is this your idea of a witty and clever retort? My goodness! You really should take a moment (or possibly longer in your case) to go back and reread the previous posts. You will notice that you were the one to originally use the words "don't have a clue" and "sheep", not myself. I was merely regurgitating what you had already written. I can see that you and I are destined to agree to disagree on this matter, despite my attempts to find some sort of common ground as individuals who support the same ideal. Oh well.

The difference between you and I,
I've been around long enough to tell the difference between warm rain and the other. You keep believing what you want, supporting who you want, but one day folks like you will wake up.
Bill Gates said it best, keep your friends close, and your enemy's closer. More truth in that than most know, or want to admit.
Do your own do-diligence, don't take my word for shit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gunfighter14e2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The difference between you and I,
I've been around long enough to tell the difference between warm rain and the other. You keep believing what you want, supporting who you want, but one day folks like you will wake up.
<span style="font-weight: bold">Bill Gates said it best, keep your friends close, and your enemy's closer.</span> More truth in that than most know, or want to admit.

</div></div>Actually, this quote was first attributed to Machiavelli in the year 1513, who was a little before Bill Gates' time. And it's DUE diligence. Otherwise, thanks for the advice.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gunfighter14e2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The difference between you and I,
Bill Gates said it best, keep your friends close, and your enemy's closer. More truth in that than most know, or want to admit.

</div></div>

That quote was way before Bill Gate's time......Get your information correct before you post,JMHO......

I've been watching this thread for a couple of days,and your Anti-NRA posts are getting old,either shit,or get off the pot !!I don't hear a single solution to the problem in any of your posts.Take your NRA Bashing elsewhere.Two days and numerous post have gotten you nowhere....Start your own "Group" and show us how to "Do It",otherwise,just STFU....and quit making an ass of youself.....
laugh.gif

That would be GOA, who gave Reid a life time F, not an A that has been down graded, to a B from the NRA
JPFO is another group, who is a no comp group, but you guys keep supporting who you want. I do my own digging, and most all Title II guys found the same thing long ago, but if you wish to go with the flow, have at it.

Bummer I was going to do a poll to see how many here do and don't belong to the nra but don't see anywhere a poll can be posted. Still I have to wonder... if there are 150 million gun owners in America why does the nra only have 4 million signed up? If the nra is suppose to be every gun owners lord and savior why do they not have 75 or 100 million gun owners signed up? I think it's because many more of us believe in the constitution of the United States then believe in the nra. I don't mind the nra helping out but to suggest we're all going to buy the farm if we don't join the nra is just plain looney tunes. You the ones who defend the nra are probably the same ones who drive up the price on guns and ammo every time a democrat farts. You are the ones those in DC love because they know they can scare the hell out of you without them doing anything more farting.

Today semi-autos, tomorrow bolt guns, excuse me, sniper rifles......
There is strength in numbers.
We all need to be part of one or more groups.
Did anyone notice how fast and hard gun control has been pushed?
They won't rest.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: spr1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Today semi-autos, tomorrow bolt guns, excuse me, sniper rifles......
There is strength in numbers.
We all need to be part of one or more groups.
Did anyone notice how fast and hard gun control has been pushed?
They won't rest. </div></div>

WE THE PEOPLE are the largest group I know of.

A really bad idea!

I got assholes from the city who move out here to the country because it is sch a great place. Then they screw it all up with complaints about firearms, smell of cow and horse shit..and slow tractors cloggng the roads. They push property values to the moon and try to HOA every single community they move into.
How about YOU take your "big city" idea of forcing people to buy a membership and pound it up your righteous ass.
I think it takes a set of balls the size of jupiter to put a post up like this one...welcome to my douchebag list.

Requiring membership to any organization is the Hide owner's prerogative, a pain in the ass it would be though. Their site, their decision.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GUNNER75</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I read this and it becomes more and more clear why we are in the position we are in. </div></div>
And this is how we get beat by the gun nazis. They have every lefty and whackjob from every special iunterest group in this pile-on. Join whatever gun rights organization that makes your panties damp, but be active in writing, calling, emailing, faxing or anything you can to let the shitheads the AWB is a big no go! Tell everybody you can, help them, remind them, but do something to help OUR cause out.

I like the GOA, but I could not give two rat farts if my shooting buddy is a lifetime NRA member. We both love our country and our guns and are doing what we can to protect it...him NRA, me GOA.

$25 membership for $50 worth of phone calls, stickers, literature, hats, and pins? I've no MBA, but that doesn't appear to be a wise investment to me.

Yeah well, I live in New York. Tell me again why I should be a fan of the NRA, will you please? I seem to have forgotten...

How about we require everyone to have a series of requirements in order to require certain types of required requirements. That way, we can absolutely ensure that all requirements are in fact required...on second thought, how about we bring back individual liberty and we each make our own decisions on what we want and don't want to do.