• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes How about this set of binoculars?

Tburkes

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 14, 2002
Bandera, Texas
Just got a couple sets of the Zeiss Spotter 60 in this week and thought it would be nice to make a set of binoculars out of them.

Probably out of the price range of most of us here.

What do you think?

43978b55.jpg

34d8f34e.jpg

7f0d935f.jpg

cadb740a.jpg

5748340f.jpg

fe807840.jpg

Re: How about this set of binoculars?

Looks interesting,

How's that work with 2 reticles??? Think you need to share with use less fortunate types...Enjoy them!

Heck no, you can't see through both of them as they sit. Since I had both of them here for a day or two I thought it'd be neat looking to make them look like binos.

I guess they could be made to work but that's beyond what I have to work with at my shop.

I was giving you a hard time, didn't figure you could use them at the same time.
Still a nice set....even if they are only together for a short time:)

so what did you think of them in general? worth the 5k price of admission?

No sweat MTETM, it does look neat.

birddog, man, it's a Zeiss, and it costs $5000. I love everything about it except the price tag. If you can justify the cost you will not be disappointed at all.

So this means that there will be a TAB padded cover for the Zeiss coming soon! Love your stuff Tony. Speaking of which, do you want me to just send Lisa the money for the litter, and then you mail it to me, or does she have some now?

Yes, I'll be making a cover for the Spotter 60, but won't start on it until about September.

I'll pm you about the litter.

I bet you can see me typing this reply with those binos?!

You better, for how much they cost!

Very nice tho, im just mad I cant afford them

I need a cover for my Spotter 60. Let me know when you have some ready. I only have one so I need a single cover and not one for that monster you built.

Too much free time! LOL, man I haven't heard that, or even thought that in about five years. I cracked up reading that.
smile.gif

Bmorgan, I'll make an initial post here when I get the cover finished.

Oh yeah, I only own one of the spotters and I saved lots of nickels to be able to make it mine. The other one will be in England shortly.