• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How changes to rifle change zero

BigMtnSkiier

Private
Minuteman
Jun 3, 2020
I'm a newbie who's a long time listener. First time caller....with a question. I'm interested in how changes to a rifle affect it's performance. For example, I recently upgraded my stock. I understand that the rifles zero will need to be checked and adjusted. But how does adding a new stock affect accuracy?

Could be harmonics. But personally my take is that any change of equipment should be followed up by a check/adjust. Not only because it could *possibly* affect something, but what if I didn't do something correctly? New stock? Maybe I didn't torque down an action screw 100% for example. Never want to be finding these things out when it matters.

Everything you do to a rifle will change it's poi. Sometimes its a 1/10 other times it will be more. Rifles are not however as sensitive to change as we as shooters are. Ever notice how some days your zero groups are tight other days not so tight. The shift is more so on the shooter rather than the equipment

Reactions: HeavyAssault
I changed from a KRG bravo to a MPA chassis and had a .4 up shift but other then that it was golden