• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes How do I st the zero stop on Burris XTR II 5-25X50 Scope

samnev

First Sargeant
Minuteman
  • Mar 16, 2010
    Surprise, AZ
    I just got the above scope and the Zero Stop setup explained in the manual doesn't make sense to me. I set zero stops on everything from NightForce to Vortex Gen II PST among others and never had a problem. Can somebody please let me know what I'm missing and how to set the zero stop on the Burris 5-25X50 scope.
    Thanks in advance!!

After you zero, loosen the two set screws on the cap. Rotate the cap to align zero and push down. Might take small effort because of the air pressure. Once cap is down, retighten the two set screws.

After you zero, loosen the two set screws on the cap. Rotate the cap to align zero and push down. Might take small effort because of the air pressure. Once cap is down, retighten the two set screws.
    Problem is with a 0 degree mount I'm using since it's initial factory setting optical is 20 moa below center and shoots high and I don't have a down movement since it's at the zero stop.

Loosen the cap and let it slightly raise up (it’ll do this on its own and you will need to put pressure to hold it slightly above from it bottoming out. Then tighten the screws again and now you can go down to zero

Problem is with a 0 degree mount I'm using since it's initial factory setting optical is 20 moa below center and shoots high and I don't have a down movement since it's at the zero stop.
    Go to zero. Loosen two screws. Raise up the cap go the 2nd white hash. It’s labeled 2. At that position, turn the knob clockwise a little (won’t click). Now tighten set screws. No need to push down to zero yet. Make your down adjustment and then proceed with that I initially posted.

One more question, I do my initial zero at 25 yards. How will that effect the instructions that you posted and I will follow. Thanks for you replies,

One more question, I do my initial zero at 25 yards. How will that effect the instructions that you posted and I will follow. Thanks for you replies,
    No change. It’ll give you up and down adjustment based on how much higher you let the cap go from bottoming out. At the second bask mark you should have enough adjustment to zero

No change. It’ll give you up and down adjustment based on how much higher you let the cap go from bottoming out. At the second bask mark you should have enough adjustment to zero
    Thanks so much to all who responded for the info. I'm pretty sure I understand what I have to do to zero.