• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

How do you change a stock....

Truth223

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 29, 2011
Central,Il
I did a google search,and checked on youtube but didnt find much of what im looking for. Whats all involved on changing the hogue stock on a sps tactical? I want to buy the B & C M40 style stock. Will the new stock need to be worked on or will it be ready to drop in? How do you change them out?

Re: How do you change a stock....

Take out the action screws that are on the bottom metal/triggerguard. Pull the barreled action out, put it in your new stock, tighten the screws and then torque them

probably a drop in fit.
i have had a sporter style B&C that i had to hog out the barrel channel (may have just been made for a smaller barrel) on but no probs with stocks made for fatter barrels.

If it is a same style stock (meaning you have a remington short action and the new stock is for a remington short action) it should just be two screws. Whoever you are buying it from should be able to help you with correct barrel contours etc. Good luck!