• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes How do you check for and adjust for parallax?

Re: How do you check for and adjust for parallax?

I'm not sure what else can be said. That link you posted gives a very good explanation of it, better than alot I've seen.

I simply check it by moving my head in slight circular motion while keeping my cheek weld solid. If I see recticle drift, I adjust it out till I don't see it anymore.

Get to know your scope, meaning at the range, mark your 100, 200, and 300 yard focus on that scope.
Then it is faster to get the proper set up while shooting under pressure. As a final test, I do a "head bob" to check if I need to fine tune the scope before taking the shot. HTH
SScott

You may discover, as I have, that adjusting parallax to correct setting reveals that diopter ring has not (previously) been properly set. In other words, you will only have correct parallax setting AND good focus if the scope has been properly adjusted for your vision. So, take some pains to get the diopter set correctly before leaving the starting blocks.