• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How do you clean your bore/chamber?

ChrisBCS

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 8, 2014
Bore cleaner with patches only? Or does anyone use a bore brush? Is good ol' Hoppe's considered useless these days?

I know everyones rifle is different re: when to clean and how long it takes to re-establish a good equilibrium.

I use a bore guide, one piece rod, nylon brush, cotton patches and Bore Tech Eliminator. I generally follow the directions on the Eliminator bottle and have had good results.

if your rifle is a custom-built, finely lapped thing of beauty, your amount of cleaning will be drastically different than a factory rem 700 that fouls up like a old car on cheap gas. There are tons of methods/theories out there regarding copper/carbon fouling and how to remove, when to remove, etc. Brushing is debated throughly, and also depends on your barrel and what it needs.