• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How do you get your new toys into the house without pissing her off?

My wife doesn't give a shit. She gave up years and years and years ago. Only time she cares is when I leave them cased in the living room because I'm too lazy to clean and put them up. Even then, she usually won't fuck with me until my shit has sat there 2-3 days. 25 years in Nov :)

This bascally word for word. Except 5 years.

Separate finances. We are each free to buy what we want and have never had a fight about money.

Separate finances are an illusion if you are married. You are legally obligated to whatever debt the other may get into.

Say she loses her mind and charges 50k on credit cards without telling you. Too bad, you are on the hook for 1/2 of the debt
like it or not.

Same goes with having the right to 1/2 of anything of value gained during the marriage. Typically as breadwinners this is a knock
on the man most of the time.

Love them, care for them, have a long fruitful life.............. even have kids and shit if you want to.

BUT DON'T FUCKING MARRY THEM

Every time I see a buddy walking down the aisle it reminds me of the lemmings marching off the cliff and jumping to
their death, despite seeing the lemming right before them do the exact same thing.

Agreed with Trebek on two accounts:
1) Separate finances are an illusions, BUT (see below)
2) When you have to hide things you have a shitty relationship

Separate finances may be an illusion legally, but from a budget management perspective, it can allow people to help manage their independent "fun" budgets. There is no fighting if it is agreed what each has discretion to spend on their own decision.

My wife and I went a different direction, she does the bills (writing and mailing checks), I do the finances (looking at the money in/out at the end of the month and assessing where it went). If things are out of whack and we need to adjust, say our credit card spending increased too much, I just tell her and we both look at our habits and adjust. They key here is this doesn't work if people are selfish. And a lot of people are selfish and/or married to selfish people.

I know a guy who lies to his wife all the time. He bought my pistol, wanted to pay by Paypal or some crazy crap because that was how he moves money around his wife. No dude, you want it pay cash, you figure that out on your end. Bought a rifle, kept it at my place 6 months so she wouldn't know he bought it. Turns out he's a shitty guy and they have a shitty relationship.

Reactions: BigTex
Separate finances are an illusion if you are married. You are legally obligated to whatever debt the other may get into.

Say she loses her mind and charges 50k on credit cards without telling you. Too bad, you are on the hook for 1/2 of the debt
like it or not.

Same goes with having the right to 1/2 of anything of value gained during the marriage. Typically as breadwinners this is a knock
on the man most of the time.

Love them, care for them, have a long fruitful life.............. even have kids and shit if you want to.

BUT DON'T FUCKING MARRY THEM

Every time I see a buddy walking down the aisle it reminds me of the lemmings marching off the cliff and jumping to
their death, despite seeing the lemming right before them do the exact same thing.
Not a worry as long as appropriate contingencies are in place.

Last edited:
i tell her to make me a sammich, and take it up to the bedroom and get nekkid, then i quickly transfer the blaster from car to the safe.

yeahhhhh, notttttt

Agreed with Trebek on two accounts:
1) Separate finances are an illusions, BUT (see below)
2) When you have to hide things you have a shitty relationship

Separate finances may be an illusion legally, but from a budget management perspective, it can allow people to help manage their independent "fun" budgets. There is no fighting if it is agreed what each has discretion to spend on their own decision.

My wife and I went a different direction, she does the bills (writing and mailing checks), I do the finances (looking at the money in/out at the end of the month and assessing where it went). If things are out of whack and we need to adjust, say our credit card spending increased too much, I just tell her and we both look at our habits and adjust. They key here is this doesn't work if people are selfish. And a lot of people are selfish and/or married to selfish people.

I know a guy who lies to his wife all the time. He bought my pistol, wanted to pay by Paypal or some crazy crap because that was how he moves money around his wife. No dude, you want it pay cash, you figure that out on your end. Bought a rifle, kept it at my place 6 months so she wouldn't know he bought it. Turns out he's a shitty guy and they have a shitty relationship.

I'm pretty happy with my situation. I handle ever-damn-thing. Her main responsibilities are groceries, keeping the kids occupied when I'm working, cooking occasionally, and keeping the house clean. What she does outside of that I leave up to her. I give her two CCs on my accounts to use for whatever-the-fuck. She's very frugal, so it works out great. Use reward points to buy presents and shit.

Not a worry as long as appropriate contingencies are in place.

That's like being a member of a band bound by a shitty contract.

contingencies? umm no, how about don't enter into a contract that is so obviously skewed against you it's ridiculous.

Bought a gen 5 glock 17 and a mossberg shockwave here in the last couple months.

Know what I told my girlfriend? nothing, because it's none of her damn business. hahahahahahaha

Reactions: W54/XM-388
How about,
After you get done making me a sammich come check out my new rifle ??

I guess this describes me more accurately than any other post. If the bills are paid, and they are, mine don't really care. And the same is true from my side too.

A while back my Wife took the 2 oldest Granddaughters to get their nails done before school started. Turns out each of them invited a friend or two. I didn't even ask who paid. Thats just the way we roll! And no, I'm not wealthy. I was lucky enough to make a decent living, stay out of debt and save a little for retirement.

Edited to add, we do discuss big purchases like cars.

Last edited:
Reactions: MarinePMI
Started a horse account for her, when I buy a rifle/pistol/WE (and get caught) ill throw an equal amount into her horse account. As soon as we get on some land that account will have enough for a herd....

Reactions: QuickNDirty
This is both our second marriage. Lori is 60 & I am 70 now. Twice I almost lost her. First time she was supposed to have start as THE pastry chef at Windows On The World. That was the restaurant at the top of the Trade Center. On 9-10 she called the chef & said, I am sick, need to see my OBGYN, can I start on 9-12. She watched the Towers go down in the doctors office.
Last month she had a massive heart attack. She was in the operating room in less than 10 minuets. The response of those in the emergency room was heroic to say the least. There were no less than 10 people attending her. Lucky for us the head of heart surgery was there on Saturday morning.
Our agreement is, she gets all the Christian Louboutin shoes she wants, I get all the Harley’s & guns I want. No questions asked.

Maxwell

I did this thing call becoming a grown ass man. You see as long as our bills are paid theres no problem. Oh and when there is, i just bring up the fact that she spend hundreds of dollars on but not limited to: MAC sephora, bath and body works and other girly shit.

My wife knew before we got married that shooting was a big part of my life. She went to gun shows with me when we were dating, lets me go to matches, work at the reloading bench, and doesn't complain too much when I buy expensive stuff to support my hobby. I can't really complain...

Reactions: Barryd
I just tell her I bought it, and its no big deal by that point... By the time I've purchased, I've already told her I need to feed my rifle ADD. She normally just looks at me and says, "I know you'll do the right thing..."

Reactions: MarinePMI
My GF tells me to buy WHAT EVER it takes to keep us safe. Guns, ammo, and most importantly training. She wants me to have the best and be superbly prepared for those evil persons, if they try something. She insists that I do not scrimp, buy only quality products and train, train, train.