• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes How do you like your Vortex Razor 5-20?

Steelhead

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 26, 2003
Idaho
Since they have been out a while now, those of you who have them, how do you like them? Would you buy the same scope again or go a different route?

I've read and watched Lowlights review and I'm interested in this scope. I'm either going to get it or go with another Nightforce.

Thanks!

Re: How do you like your Vortex Razor 5-20?

19jul104-1.jpg

19jul102.jpg

LOVE IT,.. so far.

it kind of pissed me off when i had it mounted on my 300WM,. but thats because i was spoiled by the Premier that i put on my AR-10 and zeroed right before. (toolless zero rocks!)

now that its riding on my 82,. and i have some more time playing with it i am starting to warm up to it alot,. i think setting up the zero stop & zeroing is kind of a PITA,. but once its done it is done.

i have the usual gripes about it,. but i think i would buy it again especially at the price my local guy gave me.

Just traded up from a Zeiss Conquest, and I really like it. Great combination of features glass and price. Compared to my friend's NF 5-22 and NF 3-15 it seems superior in everyway, except eye relief. NF eye box is larger. Razor is a little tight on 20 power. I love the reticle with the tiny open spot in the center. I wonder if it was really necessary to go with 35mm tube instead of 30mm.

SWFA has these listed for 1999.95. However, they offer a 110% price match. So I think you should be able to get one for $1800.

its a big scope but one of my favorite ones HIGHLY reccomended

I now have two of them, one on a 308 the other on a 300WM and I would buy a third if I had a rifle to put it on. I've bashed both of these around and they still hold zero and track consistently. One has the EBR3 the other EBR2b. Didn't like the eye box on the first scopes but this has now been fixed.

I know reticles are a very personal choice but I would really like the the EBR2b with a 0.04 mil width cross hair and 0.1mil sub-tensions at the end (like the EBR3).

Offers some of the best reticles on the market with the EBR-2 and EBR-2B

I'd be interested to know what everyone thinks of the different reticles and what the advantages/disadvantages of each one compared to the other would be. I have one of the new SS on order but I still need glass for my 7 mag and have really been eyeing the razor HD.

If comp rules prevent the use of LRFs (or you just like to range using mils) then the fine 0.1 mils hash marks on the EBR3 are very useable and great for ranging. On the other hand the "Christmas Tree" on the EBR2b is good for hold overs. I also like the center gap on the EBR2b.

Depends how you want to use the scope, both are great reticles, although as I have said before, a little fat. If you like to dial then EBR3, if you hold EBR2b.