• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How does Chick-fil-A do it?

Hi,

Because they do not hire from the same talent pool as other fast food places because their customer base is different.

In the closest city here they hire pretty much pull all their employees from 3 prominent Churches.

They also require the franchise owner to be an active part of the operations, cannot be just a "franchisee" that pays people to operate it for you as an absentee.

Sincerely,
Theis

Much like what CraigT said above. That, and it is the corporate culture. I remember being shocked when a lot of the chains started hiring employees from "the fringe". I am sure they felt like they were being edgy and inclusive, but I felt many of them represented the brand poorly. The last statement was just as much about attitude as appearance.

as said above

company standards...training...consequences

I think they hire as young as 15. Son wanted to work there. Pretty sure cause the girls.
Church girls have a tendency to be wild. Can you imagine one who would smile at you and say “my pleasure”???
Wonder if a guy could get a grown lady to say that?
Yep, gonna ask....

And to hell with Chik Fil A and their owner, bowing to public pressure and going woke.
Anyone who cant look in a camera and make a statement without that BS is a pussy. Im sure his father is proud.
I do like their sammiches though.

My wife loves Popeyes red beans and rice. As for shooting we live in Kennesaw. Google Kennesaw gun laws. ;)

Reactions: dpb1776
I still don't understand buying a franchise and hiring the lowest bidder to manage it for me. I may be different but when I invest in something I'm in it to make money. The restaurant next door to where I work had a manager that had been there 30 years, and it was great. She retired and they hired a 40 year old that had never had a job to manage it. The quality took a nose dive, and I will not step foot in there. You would think the franchise owner would take note of the decrease in sales and respond. It has been this way for more than a year. It's not just me, the wife said it's all over social media in our small town.

Its the environment. Put people in an environment like Chick-fil-a has in their stores and they will naturally emulate that behavior. NOW that takes good leadership in that store to keep that environment going.

ANY industry is the same way. My industry is the same way. I worked with people at a different company in the industry before and now we are all at other companies that ALL have VASTLY different cultures. It amazes me to see how some of the same people I knew before act now that they are in a company with a different culture... they act just like the stereotype from that companies culture. I am sure I do, although my current company is pretty similar culturally to my last company which is what drew me here.

Chick-Fil-A culture is widely known(please, thank you, my pleasure, well fit uniforms, etc...)... McDonalds culture is widely known(fights between workers and customers on camera, swearing loudly enough that customers can hear you, lazy, not my problem, etc...).

I think they put Crack & Prozac in their Chicken feed.

Polite, attentive, and bathed!

1615901079372.png

Imagine being a teenager again and looking for a job. All pay about the same, some harder or dirtier, but most everything in the realm of teen qualified means every weekend. Now throw in the one place that guarantees you will have half your weekend, always. CFA can be super selective because they get to choose first, all the dregs get sent to .....

Its the environment. Put people in an environment like Chick-fil-a has in their stores and they will naturally emulate that behavior. NOW that takes good leadership in that store to keep that environment going.

ANY industry is the same way. My industry is the same way. I worked with people at a different company in the industry before and now we are all at other companies that ALL have VASTLY different cultures. It amazes me to see how some of the same people I knew before act now that they are in a company with a different culture... they act just like the stereotype from that companies culture. I am sure I do, although my current company is pretty similar culturally to my last company which is what drew me here.

Chick-Fil-A culture is widely known(please, thank you, my pleasure, well fit uniforms, etc...)... McDonalds culture is widely known(fights between workers and customers on camera, swearing loudly enough that customers can hear you, lazy, not my problem, etc...).

Yep. McDs around here are known as the capital spot for Class-1 hood entertainment. And when fights are not happening, they are the prime hangout places for creepers and weirdos of every kind, right down to the dirty trenchcoat wearing, publicly masturbating freaks that get constant spotlight on Nextdoor.com discussion boards...

I avoid 'em like the plague, unless I really need to drop a deuce or something while on the road hauling stuff. And even then I've long since developed a habit of carrying around a small spray bottle of rubbing alcohol to wipe down the seats on the toilet before I put my ass on them. Don't know what the fuck had gone down in that bathroom earlier. Chick Fil-A has been and will continue to get my money for the future when I really need convenient fast food.

Customer service and quality products.
Something sorely lacking in most fast food diabetes delivery franchises.
Seems the model has followed the average consumer in most.

R

Their employees are always polite, attentive and regularly bathed. How do they consistently find quality humans to hire when none of the other fast food joints can?
Because Chic-Fil-A caters to a certain clientele that are civilized and are clean?

You're not going to see many videos of hot grease fights and weave pullings at Chic-fil-A's.

Have you been to Popeyes or Burger King lately? The managers are just as nasty and sloppy as the rest of the employees and show no energy when processing your order. Leadership at it's finest!
This. A million times.

You want people to represent your brand, man the fuck up and show them how it's done.

I went into a fast food joint on IH 35 north of Austin one and there was an obese rich & vibrant woman working behind the counter and her uniform was so dirty I doubt it had ever been washed the whole time she worked there.
I was starving and on my lunch break but couldn't deal with the thought of something that filthy handling my food and walked out hungry.

Reactions: W54/XM-388
Maybe it's Christianity and the decency that usually ensues.
Nailed it.

The father's beliefs are in the culture. I personally believe that God has honored that faithfulness, and it really is a beacon of what could be for everyone else. Even IF that were not true, the adherence to the guidelines and standards of the faith create almost predictable outcomes, despite the occasional stumble of being human. Its as clear to me as the nose on my face.

Also, what we allow in our life reflects who we are. BK, McD and others reflect what they are the same as CFA does by the actions of their associates.

I had a tenant that worked there and got fired because she wouldn't say "my pleasure" when the customer said thank you. She would just reply with "youre welcome." lol.. i have a feeling it was also b/c this person had the personality of a wet dish rag and never smiled.

Last edited:
Reactions: Expert684
They hire the best.

Kids that can't get a job there go to Mickey d.

The ones that can't get hired by the clown mosey on over to the freckle faced redhead.

From there it goes to the service of the King or they make a run for the border.

All others, including meth dealers go to Carl's Jr or the nearest pizza joint.

If a kid has serious mental issues and doesn't know how to dress, well, they make overpriced coffee...

They hire the best.

Kids that can't get a job there go to Mickey d.

The ones that can't get hired by the clown mosey on over to the freckle faced redhead.

From there it goes to the service of the King or they make a run for the border.

All others, including meth dealers go to Carl's Jr or the nearest pizza joint.

If a kid has serious mental issues and doesn't know how to dress, well, they make overpriced coffee...
So, you're from around here, eh?

I saw a sign at Chick-fil-A on a recent road trip that said Hiring $14/hour and I think that was in TN
If they are paying that much, that has to help

I have to laugh most times I eat at Popeyes, their service usually sucks, I bet they aren't even paying $10/hour

Also, Chick-fil-A will fire people that aren't making it, Popeyes I don't think fires people too afraid to get sued.

Reactions: 2ndamendfan
What amazes me is how accurate the orders are and how quick. McDonalds by my house has two cars in line and takes 15 minutes. The wife wanted chick-fil-a last night, and there was a double line around the building and out to the street. 7 minutes from pulling up in line to get the food and there had to have been 20 cars ahead of us

Want to see a lonnnng wait, even with no line? Whataburger. Its ridiculous.

It’s the participation trophies and single parent homes that have fucked our youth and country. No consequences or held to any standard of excellence or right or wrong!

Yeah, but their chicken sucks.

I'll take shitty service with good chicken over great service with slimy, flavorless, soggy chicken.

Popeyes or get the fuck out of here.

I eat at all the chicken places, I love fried chicken (while others I hear just love to love a chicken, but that is a different story)

I am NOT talking about when Popeyes first released the chicken sandwich and had a shortage
I am talking about Popeyes on any random day, and they fucking RUN OUT OF CHICKEN?!?!?!?!?!

and its not the same Popeyes I am talking about, different ones in different states years apart from each other
Not all chicken, but say one day they don't have chicken fingers
Next time they don't have any spicy chicken
and even now long after the chicken sandwich shortage, I found a Popeyes about 2-3 weeks ago that did not have sandwiches or fingers, only bone in chicken (I am LOL, some Alabama folks on this forum are all about bone in chicken)

Or the other one I use to laugh at, get to Popeyes about 5 or 10 minutes before noon on a typical workday, and they have no chicken cooked, you pay and wait 5-7 minutes for some chicken. WTF it's almost lunch time and you have no chicken cooked for the rush that is here and more on the way? mismanaged like shit

I had another bad experience where I waited 45 minutes in a popeyes to get my family food. FORTY FIVE FUCKNG MINUTES
I complained up the chain and didn't ever even get a reply

Popeyes exists because they have a tasty chicken, no other reason.
Chik Fil A exists because they have a dedicated following for a variety of reasons, and the chicken isn't bad

I tried the new KFC sandwich, just thought it was edible, nothing special would not go out of my way for it, but the new KFC fries are great.

Publix grocery stores are very similar here in the south. We frequent chic fil a and publix alot bo of cleanliness and service

Never really liked the chow at Chic-fil A. But, yes. They're actually a faith based company. Same with In N' Out. You mid Westerners or east coasters don't have In N' Out. But, they're employee standards are very similar to Chic Fil-a. They even have(or maybe use to have) bible verses on the bottom of their fountain cups and fries boxes.

I'd honestly rather go hungry than eat any Mc Donalds, Burger King or Taco Bell. :sick:

Reactions: westwyre