• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes How good are...

Fitch1892

Private
Minuteman
Apr 17, 2009
Millett scopes? There is a user selling:

Millett 6.5-25X56mm side P/A, duplex. $210

Would it be better than a 3-9x50mm Leupold Rifleman for $290?

Re: How good are...

No personal experience but know a few people who have no complaints and never heard a complaint from people I don't know

I have a Millett and me likey. I would opt for it over the rifleman for sure. The Millett has good glass, good tracking and a good value overall. As far as the comparison to the leupy, it would take a VX-III to get me to go that direction. The rifleman doesn't even come close IMO.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: turbosa22c</div><div class="ubbcode-body">you get what you pay for. </div></div>

+1

Agreed. You do get what you pay for (or at least you should ;-). Rifleman included. I was simply saying that if given the choice between the two, I'd take the Millett. Aside from that, The Millett is a good compromise scope when you don't want to or can't spend the $1500 for a scope.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: turbosa22c</div><div class="ubbcode-body">you get what you pay for. </div></div>

Is that so? Tell us about your personal experiences about the subject matter at hand...

I've got Millets and Leupolds on my rifles...the only one that's been back to the factory was a Leupold that wouldn't hold zero...None of my 5 Milletts have given me a problem of any kind...

I agree but as much as I want to, I don't have $1000+ to throw around on a scope.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jayhawker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: turbosa22c</div><div class="ubbcode-body">you get what you pay for. </div></div>

Is that so? Tell us about your personal experiences about the subject matter at hand...

</div></div>

Not looking to get into a wizzin match. Automobiles priced at $1,000 vs $1,000,000 get you between point A&B the same. Some have a little bit of luxury, some are more durable, some a little faster and some are more reliable.

The same is with scopes. I'm sure there are folks who will fight to the death about their brand to help justify the $xxxx spent on their scope. But when all the BS stops, the better brands of optics can and will provide a better overall lifetime of service.

Regardless of brand and cost, if it Brand-X works for you and your happy by all means..have at it.

I have a millet 6 X 24 X 56 Tactical and a 6 X 24 X56 LRS-1. For the Money they are not bad scopes. They seem to track and focus well. I have only shot both probably less then 150 rounds combined. I have the tactical on a 22-250 AI and the LRS on a 338 edge improved. Both have had no recoil issues. The nobs are great. I could see my hits at 400 yrds with a shoot and see with the 22-250. For a couple hundred dollar scope that is no too bad. Good luck hope this helped.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the feedback. I would post in the "Optic Trade" forum but I can't, but does anyone have any decent scopes around $250 - $300 they are looking to get rid of?

As far as your comment hunt, I agree. My brother has a very nice Swarovski on his AR-15 and I would love to steal it from him.

Joshua.......check out wonder optics or wotac optics (both are one and the same)for your price range this is the way to go.matt can hook you up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 467</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Joshua.......check out wonder optics or wotac optics (both are one and the same)for your price range this is the way to go.matt can hook you up. </div></div>

I'm looking at the website right now. Are these custom optics or something?