• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes How have the k624i Kahles been holding up?

I just picked one up from the prize table this weekend at Norcal. Needless to say I'm pretty anxious to get it on my rifle and run it. I played around with the two pictured above this last weekend down there and they are NICE. Glass is beautiful, turret clicks are tactile and clean, parallax makes sense, etc. The only complaint I had when messing with it was that the lines are a little small on the turret so I cannot dial it as fast as my Razor with the 5mil knobs. Hopefully I'll get use to it though and that will come with time.

I just picked one up from the prize table this weekend at Norcal. Needless to say I'm pretty anxious to get it on my rifle and run it. I played around with the two pictured above this last weekend down there and they are NICE. Glass is beautiful, turret clicks are tactile and clean, parallax makes sense, etc. The only complaint I had when messing with it was that the lines are a little small on the turret so I cannot dial it as fast as my Razor with the 5mil knobs. Hopefully I'll get use to it though and that will come with time.

Hell if the Kahles lines are too small for you don't run a Steiner 5-25 lol. You will get used to it. It's really not bad at all.

Did they move away from detents in the parallax knob? When I got mine back this week I noticed they where gone. I do like it though.

Did they move away from detents in the parallax knob? When I got mine back this week I noticed they where gone. I do like it though.

I believe that is a Gen 1 feature on the 6-24s. Some of the other models still have them. I could be wrong but I believe that's how it is. My 6-24 AMR and MSR don't don't have then but I know of an early 6-24 MSR that does have them.

I'm wondering this myself. I picked one up last year that I thought was a Gen 2 and it has the detents.

Oh and mine is an MSR

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Early Gen 2's all had detents. I don't think there were any Gen 1 MSR's.

I ordered 2 from Sport Optics weeks before the Gen 2's came out.
Thankfully Kahles told Chris at SO to wait and ship me the Gen 2's.

Both are MSR's.

Awesome scopes.

Last edited:
Gen 2 also had the detents up until about 4 months ago or so. Other improvements include reducing torque required to turn Parallax by 20% and increasing diopter adjustment torque by 40%.

The detents are easily removed by Kahles if you have them and don't like them.

Sent from my GS5 on Tapatalk

Quick question for you kahles owners, I just bought a used gen 2 Msr-k 6-24. I have noticed that the .1 mil lines do not line up with the arrow once I get passed about 4 mils and it gets worse the further you go. Before I go waste ammo I would like to know if this may correct itself once i set the zero stop?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick question for you kahles owners, I just bought a used gen 2 Msr-k 6-24. I have noticed that the .1 mil lines do not line up with the arrow once I get passed about 4 mils and it gets worse the further you go. Before I go waste ammo I would like to know if this may correct itself once i set the zero stop?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have kind of the same problem with mine. Its very critical on where you set zero in relation to the line and the triangle. Usually if that happens I just dial back to zero and realize I may have been off a tad. Once I readjust its much better. Its only happened a couple of times but I know what you mean. Usually around 4-6 mils and then it lines up again above that.

The lines are real close too but you get used to it pretty quickly. After a few range trips you won't even notice. I came from a scope that had huge spaces between the lines but I'm used to it now. Its been rock solid

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Which reticle did you get? Congrats on the 2nd place finish at TBRC. I'm running a Kahles 624i with the AMR reticle on my Tikka. Would love to look through yours at the Karstetter match.

Yes because you can align it when you set the zero stop (at least in playing with mine for 3 minutes that's what it seems like

Thank you! I got the MSR reticle thanks to Mike at CS Tactical for swapping it out for me! The one on the price table had the Mil 4

I was torn between the AMR and the MSR, and finally went with the AMR. Now I really want to look through yours and compare.

I got a MSRK 2 days ago and it does not have the parallax detents. The floating dot is sweet.

I've been running one for the last 5 month. No problems here.
Looking to get another one.

Sounds like you just need to align the zero better once you set it, make sure your are right in the middle of a click when you set the zero also.

I'm running a promo right now, get a free set of ARC M10 rings with the purchase of any 6-24. Pm me if you're interested in getting one. Have msrk in stock, and have one lightly used AMR for sale also.

Jon

Sounds like you just need to align the zero better once you set it, make sure your are right in the middle of a click when you set the zero also.

Can I ask why you zero it in the middle of a click? I haven't zeroed my new one yet so I genuinely don't know. Thanks!

Can I ask why you zero it in the middle of a click? I haven't zeroed my new one yet so I genuinely don't know. Thanks!

I think he means the dead nuts center of the click's detent, not the center of the space between detents.

Maybe I should clarify...

I don't mean in between two clicks, it may have sounded that way. I just mean make sure it's right in the particular detent not on the edge of it. Otherwise if you set your zero there it won't repeat to that same spot every time.

Sorry my words aren't working better right now, hard to describe without physically showing it.

Maybe I should clarify...

I don't mean in between two clicks, it may have sounded that way. I just mean make sure it's right in the particular detent not on the edge of it. Otherwise if you set your zero there it won't repeat to that same spot every time.

Sorry my words aren't working better right now, hard to describe without physically showing it.

Makes sense now. Gracias

How many clicks below zero when your zero stop engage on your scope. I've read .4 mils on all reviews that I searched, my scope does .5 mil below zero. I can't find anything in my manual. Just wondering mine messed up.

Last edited:
Mine goes .3

Are you guys using lock tight on the turret screws? After setting zero?

Thanks.

Just mounted another Kahles 6-24x56mm up for myself over the weekend I will get photos. I now have 4 Kahels scopes I use granted two of them are 20+ years old and still running strong.

Mike @ CSTACTICAL

I got mine yesterday from Sport Optics. I'll get it mounted and let you guys know how I like it, but the glass is really impressive.