• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How high will the price of 5.56 go?

Amazing....just bought 5K 210M for $137 at a local big box. If they had more would have bought it.

PS. And rem 6 1/2 small pistol for $1.99 per 100. Wish they had more than 600....

Last edited:
I’ve long held off on getting into reloading by telling myself I have more money than time at $0.35/rnd. But there’s definitely a point where those lines cross, and $1.50 is probably past it.

So EVERYONE is out of CCI34's... Looked on GB. Found a guy that has ~200 boxes for $32ea. That's less than Powder Valley, Midsouth, Grafs and Natchez by $10 or more, and they're all out of stock with no backorder or time to restock.

So I went ahead and got ten boxes or 10k of 'em. So $320 plus $32 hazmat and $32 shipping. Could be worse.

PH Brass and Bullets is selling them on there if anyone is interested.

I know a lot of people who now want to buy an AR that never had a desire to own one before. Those same people want 1k rds ammo too. I tell them you need at least 6 30rd mags too. Its coming and when it does
Unfortunately the majority of the "New owner's" will never take the weapon out and cycle a 100 rounds through it to build some confidence in the mechanics... For a first time owner just loading a magazine could give the bad guy enough opportunity to knock them in the head with a baseball bat..... Even if they get a round in the chamber, then the safety becomes the next challenge. And then there is that awful loud BANG that startles them and they lose concentration.... Not a pretty picture.

Hobo

7.62x39 is coming up on 2x price from the lows it's amazing to watch glad I'm piled high

Reactions: Puget Shooter
If you think it's bad now how bad would it be if they staged another mass shooting in October?????

They're probably rehearsing the childhood actors right now.

I wonder what BS guilt filled one liner slogan similar to "how dare you" they'll come up with this time.

If only I had remembered to get those #41s last year when I could get them for $108/5k delivered after the 20% mail-in rebate...

Oh right. I did remember. :rolleyes:

The nice thing about high demand is that it supports everyone in the arms business. Don't pretend that's not fundamentally a good thing. Arm everyone to the gills. Nothing more American than that.

SGammo has ZERO 5.56 in stock!

I think AIMsurplus is out too.

What the heck is happening?

Last edited:
If only I had remembered to get those #41s last year when I could get them for $108/5k delivered after the 20% mail-in rebate...

Oh right. I did remember. :rolleyes:

The nice thing about high demand is that it supports everyone in the arms business. Don't pretend that's not fundamentally a good thing. Arm everyone to the gills. Nothing more American than that.

Yeah, I fucked up and ordered a second case of 41's thinking those were the 7.62... So I loaded a ton of that and still have a couple cases. Got busy, divorce, moved, realize I need more 7.62, and then this. Nothing sucks like thinking you're sitting on 10k CCI34's thinking you need another case of 41's when you get around to it, only to find out they're ALL 41's and you only have half a brick of 34's...

I still need .30 bullets of all sizes. I always need those. 175's and especially 168's again. What I need is a decent, fairly accurate FMJ at about 100-123gr. for the .300BLK. Hell, a 220gr. FMJ would be nice too. Something good for 1-1.5MOA with the right handload. SMK's are too damn expensive to use for everything. Doesn't matter right now, because of course all this shit is unobtainable.

Considering (again) a barfeed lathe. They don't cost THAT much and will just spit out lathe turned bullets automatically all day long... I just need to learn more about it first.

I only have 3500 BMG primers for nearly 9000 pieces of brass yet to be loaded... At least those aren't changing much in price one way or the other but it'd be nice if they went down, $200 for 500 primers, damn, that's what most people are charging for 5000 overpriced CCI 34/41's! They ain't THAT big.

Just so you know, in case you didn't, CCI military primers go beyond just a thicker cup, they're also magnum primers and IIRC they're made on the same machinery as the BR primers. I love 'em but you gotta take that extra power into consideration when switching to 'em from standard primers.

Last edited: